New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It will not icrease resale value. And if hindi maganda install (hacked p the door panels, dash or trunk) can even lower your values a bit.

The point is you will never recoup what you have spent (especially if you factor in the time you spent). The best it can do is help you sell faster.

Renzo, im not really a fan of LED tails but the old ones were tired and getting new ones is $$$. Pwede na din, at least hindi altezza? Hehe

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    If you want to accessorize your car, make it subtle. For the exterior, you can add door visors, an OEM rear spoiler if you do not have one, OEM fogs if yours does not have it, 3000k yellow bulbs for the foglamps and 4300k plasma xenon bulbs for the headlamps, aftermarket rims and perhaps a bigger, better looking chrome exhaust tip should you prefer it. For the interior there's not much that can be done aside from the seat covers and perhaps a better sound system. For the mechanicals you can consider installing an aftermarket air filter and a piggyback ECU. That's perhaps the best you can do.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Mas maganda ang stock looking kapag nagka-edad na ang sasakyan. Kapag super modded minsan bumabaduy.

Some people even spend cash trying to bring Land Cruisers (the 80 and 100 series) back to stock look after previous owners have gone overboard with mods. Usually, nag-iiwan na lang ng mild lift and other subtle mods.

I guess its the same for the Jazz. Just look at the 10 to 15 year old Hondas on the road today. The stock looking ones are usually the better looking of the bunch. Para kasing kakalabas lang ng casa.
    This is definitely true. The car ages much, much better if its kept clean and stock. Go to Banawe on a Saturday morning and see how ugly some old 1990s 1600 sedans can get with their owners trying to pimp them up.

We have an old Sentra at home (19 years old, bought brand new) and when people who appreciate cars see it, there are two things they comment on: the car is still with it's original paint (kahit may gasgas and a couple of dents, both caused while the car was parked) and that it looks fairly neat for it's age (the only add on i have is 14" OEM rims from a later model B14 Sentra).

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I would think bonestock but cared for would fetch the highest price. (Original paint is what buyers look out for, among other things.)

Nga lang, I'm not one to keep my rides bonestock. Hehehe! But I would agree with most folks here, if you wanna mod, just don't go overboard. And if you can, go with mods that you can remove, something undo-able.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The GE Jazz is actually the Honda I like. No offense to Honda boys and girls out there, but I was not a fan of Honda offerings until I saw the GE Jazz in its signature blue color -- which has become yellow, and now bronze.

Anyhow, as mentioned, I don't like sticking to bonestock, so after the spoiler and seat covers, I'd go up to 17" wheels, since I think the MMC's skirts are pretty wild for stock rims. For function, HIDs for the headlights (with the appropriate projectors) and the fogs, and a louder horn. I think the sounds are pretty decent, but if you get tired of those, then maybe better speakers are in order.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I like customizing also but there are a lot of parts that dont age well. Yung mga chrome bits na naninilaw, stepboards na pumuputok ang plastic,etc.

And there are installers that hack up the car magkasya lang ang borloloy. So come repair or maintenance time, yung mekaniko ang sumasakit ang ulo.

Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Ganun naman eh. But the stock version of my Corolla doesn't look appealing at all, so I keep it the way it is right now -- aftermarket rims, a subtle drop etc. So I guess it depends on the car.

But then, I would have to agree. Some old cars were obviously overdone. And it's fugly. People just need to know how to make a car look neat. You wouldn't spend money doing those as much as spending it on fugly ass spoilers, oversized rims and lame bodykits.

I really like the stock look of the LC80 landcruiser - just like what you have doc. :-) especially your LED tails. Well, maybe not entirely stock. At least close to it.

No offense but, with how bumpers of the current Jazz stand right now. It's begging for a new set of good-looking aftermarket rims. Unlike the pre-MMC units, the 1.5V is just pure perfection. ***y lines matching its stock rims.
    A bone stock aged XE or GLi AE101 looks very appealing to me compared to modded ones (bigger rims, lowered and all). However, an XL variant begs a facelift. If I had an XL, I'll probably "upgrade" it with OEM trims from higher variants but of the same model (GLi trunk garnish, GLi teardrop/leah magwheels instead of the XL steel rims) and color-keyed bumpers but still keeping the "XL" emblem intact and the black rubber mouldings. But again, that's just me.

8. Join Date
    May 2010
    Honestly, stock looking would give much more appeal and less headaches. Kunwari, mag wheels, spoiler, etc tas pagbenta remove them tas swap in the original ones. Kala ng iba pag modified (just like the one na pinakita sa Flames the Movie - hanapin niyo sa Youtube, yung first part ni Marvin Agustin and Jolina Magdangal) mataas resale value tas dun babawiin ang pera, but, mahirap irecoup ang pera with these parts.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Was at Banawe today w Otep and I noticed na fugly talaga pag old car tapos panay mods and abubot.

Naalala ko nga is Shadow since may racer boy Civic w fat, kalbo driver, baliktad pa Yung pag mount ng unidirectional tires nya. Pinatatanong pa ni Otep kung maitim yung batok. Hehehe.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Haha. Yung unidirectional tires ang best mod!

Hindi po ako nanlalait, maaraw lang talaga kanina kaya ko naitanong. Hehe

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Honda Jazz Stock vs. Customized