New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    It's not to say na walang advantages siya. It's just that most people don't see the drawbacks when they get into this sort of thing.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Another thing about mods: I really hate removing panels and disassembling dashboards. Nagiging source of kalampag later on. Even installing things like a new horn, fog lamps, alarm, i buy the parts and go to a electrician or electrical shop na katiwala ko because i don't like what the accessory shops do (CASA installers included) of just splicing and adding wires with electrical tape. Sometimes you even lose or break some clips/screws in the process.

The bottomline: Don't go overboard on mods and don't expect it to be added value to the car. Keep it clean and simple, plan it out well and get parts that are easy to be replaced/returned or can be easily sold separately later on without damaging your car.

In my case, with my daily driver Altis:
    - rubber ducktail
    - OEM 15" Toyota mags (from the higher variant of that particular Altis model)
    - OEM front fog lamps
    - OEM rear courtesy lamp (rear fog lamp)
    - leather wrapped OEM shift knob
    - K&N air intake
    - Front STB and KYB Gas shocks

3. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Really appreciate the feedback. Bottom line pala mods does not equate to higher resale value and could potentially add damage to the car if not properly installed.

I have a cousin who asked if i'm interested in having my stock rims painted into Gun Metal color. Have any of you guys tried this? Is this okay lang or pangit din tingnan ? i haven't seen stock wheels being painted yet.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ram_dlsu View Post
    Really appreciate the feedback. Bottom line pala mods does not equate to higher resale value and could potentially add damage to the car if not properly installed.

I have a cousin who asked if i'm interested in having my stock rims painted into Gun Metal color. Have any of you guys tried this? Is this okay lang or pangit din tingnan ? i haven't seen stock wheels being painted yet.
    Generally I'm not a fan of painting stock wheels. Lalo sa mga people who KNOW those are stock wheels (myself included), magmumukhang baduy. Lalo kung hindi naman sporty yung rim design to begin with. Ever seen a set of painted Civic 1.8V stock rims? Yung 15" na mukhang flower? Ugly :/

Wanna give it a shot and still be on the safe side? Buy a set of OEM wheels & tires for more or less 10K on the secondhand market. Mura lang usually mga yan. Yan yung ipapintura mo for <5k.

If it sucks, resell for somewhere in between.
    Last edited by mda; February 29th, 2012 at 08:39 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I like working on cars but don't go overboard with the mods.

And as with any mod, always consider the consequences. And always think how it will affect servicing or repairing the vehicle.

EXAMPLE:
    Nagpalagay ako ng rear backing sensors. But I made sure that there is enough slack in the wire so the bumper can be put on the ground (e.g. during repairs) without detaching the sensors. The wire is zip tied at the back of the bumper out of sight but can easily be released.

Other shops will hide the wire up inside the trunk or rear quarter panel and zip tie it there. Should the bumper need to be removed, its either you cut the wire or you open up the quarter panel to release the ties. Which can easily double your working time when working on the vehicle.

You get my point. Whatever mod you put, don't make life harder for your mechanic or electrician who will do work on the vehicle in the future.

Gun Metal? It's a purely cosmetic mod. And when you hit the curb or sidewalk, lalabas an original na color ng alloy wheel mo. Unlike the OEM alloy wheel, when you strike a curb, minsan nagagasgas ang face pero hindi halata kasi same color pa din.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I really like working on cars and modifying them, but there's a certain scope that I'd limit myself to.

Whenever I deal with something electrical, I make sure that I have it done at a shop that's reputable. Though sometimes costly, at least I get to have a peace of mind.

Whenever I deal with aesthetics, I make sure that the installer knows what he is doing. Oftentimes, nanghuhula yung mga installer kung paano nila ibabalik yung ganito or ganyan. Halata naman eh, for an instance yung headlight ko hindi ma-figure out nung installer kung paano ibabalik. Result? Nababadtrip ako sakanila. Why? Pinipilit nila eh. What if may masirang clip duon.

I have seen several stock mags painted to a color that's other than its stock shade. And I promise, ALL OF THEM ARE FUGLY. So don't bother messing up with your wheels. Just buy an aftermarket set when you can.

Dressing up your vehicle is a fun "adventure" trust me. You just need patience, and a lot of moolah of course because the itch to do this and that will be inevitable.

Forbid yourself from stepping on the "ricey" stage though. Maganda na ang Jazz in its stock form, when dressed up cleanly mas gaganda. Pero minsan, maraming mas binaboy lang kotse nila.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mas maganda ang stock looking kapag nagka-edad na ang sasakyan. Kapag super modded minsan bumabaduy.

Some people even spend cash trying to bring Land Cruisers (the 80 and 100 series) back to stock look after previous owners have gone overboard with mods. Usually, nag-iiwan na lang ng mild lift and other subtle mods.

I guess its the same for the Jazz. Just look at the 10 to 15 year old Hondas on the road today. The stock looking ones are usually the better looking of the bunch. Para kasing kakalabas lang ng casa.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Mas maganda ang stock looking kapag nagka-edad na ang sasakyan. Kapag super modded minsan bumabaduy.

Some people even spend cash trying to bring Land Cruisers (the 80 and 100 series) back to stock look after previous owners have gone overboard with mods. Usually, nag-iiwan na lang ng mild lift and other subtle mods.

I guess its the same for the Jazz. Just look at the 10 to 15 year old Hondas on the road today. The stock looking ones are usually the better looking of the bunch. Para kasing kakalabas lang ng casa.
    Ganun naman eh. But the stock version of my Corolla doesn't look appealing at all, so I keep it the way it is right now -- aftermarket rims, a subtle drop etc. So I guess it depends on the car.

But then, I would have to agree. Some old cars were obviously overdone. And it's fugly. People just need to know how to make a car look neat. You wouldn't spend money doing those as much as spending it on fugly ass spoilers, oversized rims and lame bodykits.

I really like the stock look of the LC80 landcruiser - just like what you have doc. :-) especially your LED tails. Well, maybe not entirely stock. At least close to it.

No offense but, with how bumpers of the current Jazz stand right now. It's begging for a new set of good-looking aftermarket rims. Unlike the pre-MMC units, the 1.5V is just pure perfection. ***y lines matching its stock rims.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    how about if we customize/modify the stock head unit and sound system? like setting up an expensive sound system, LCD, etc. does help with the resale value of the car?

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Again, as the others have stated before, you don't pimp out your car hoping to increase its resale value. Even if you put purely tasteful mods, it still won't rack up the price of your car (if it even will) to the point that it offsets the cost of the mod.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Honda Jazz Stock vs. Customized