New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Hey Guys,

I just got my first car last Aug. She's a Honda Jazz GE MMC. And I have an itch to dress her up. I get conflicting views on whether to keep it stock or customize it. So the question here is:

Which has higher resale value in the future, Stock or Customized?

Which offers more satisfaction over time.

So far I've only added Modulo Spoiler Wings and leatherette seat covers.

2. Join Date
    May 2010
    16" ROTA wheels.

Believe it or not, a bone stock one commands a better resale value, especially with its factory original paint intact.

Take it from a 2nd hand car junkie like me.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    stock=higher resale

palit ka na lang mags tapos tago mo yun stock mags mo

To add:

As per my experience: More mods=more maintenance headaches.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kompressor View Post
    Believe it or not, a bone stock one commands a better resale value, especially with its factory original paint intact.

Take it from a 2nd hand car junkie like me.
    I agree here.

If ever there are any aftermarket accessories that would entice me to a car (but not necessarily pay more), it would be if its a rare OEM parts or accessories from a foreign market or limited run model (i.e. EUDM parts).

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Bone stock or original OEM accessories would be better.

Ayoko rin kasi sobrang magara. After a while baka magsawa ako haha

8. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Thanks guys! I appreciate your opinions. Sometimes nakatempt talaga kc when you see other Jazz na pimped up talaga. but I guess tama nga c MDA baka magsawa tapos palit na naman haha

I guess keeping it stock is a practical and simple way. I still think maganda na sya overall already.

Questions, how bout interior add-ons? Kc like the Shift Knob is just plastic as well as the arm side rests. parang cheapo tingnan actually unlike the new Honda City na with gun metal accents ung loob nya kaya maganda and class yung feeling. I drive everyday and parang nalulungkot ako wen I see the plastics =S kuripot talaga to c honda.

You think enhancing a bit the interior would add more value on resale? I just kinda don't want to spend so much and not get anything back in the far future.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It will not icrease resale value. And if hindi maganda install (hacked p the door panels, dash or trunk) can even lower your values a bit.

The point is you will never recoup what you have spent (especially if you factor in the time you spent). The best it can do is help you sell faster.

Renzo, im not really a fan of LED tails but the old ones were tired and getting new ones is $$$. Pwede na din, at least hindi altezza? Hehe

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    If you want to accessorize your car, make it subtle. For the exterior, you can add door visors, an OEM rear spoiler if you do not have one, OEM fogs if yours does not have it, 3000k yellow bulbs for the foglamps and 4300k plasma xenon bulbs for the headlamps, aftermarket rims and perhaps a bigger, better looking chrome exhaust tip should you prefer it. For the interior there's not much that can be done aside from the seat covers and perhaps a better sound system. For the mechanicals you can consider installing an aftermarket air filter and a piggyback ECU. That's perhaps the best you can do.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Honda Jazz Stock vs. Customized