New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you have no plans to go off road (or even muddy areas), go for the 4x2 versions... Why pay so much more for something you'll never use...

I'd guess that the resale value of the CRV would be better. I don't really like the cheap plastic interior of the Escape, though... But it's more "macho" to look at than the AUV-like stance of the CRV...

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    I like the crv, they way they last.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby View Post
    Hello mga bossing,

At this time po ba may nakakaalam or may tip na kayo kung kailan lalabas ang ALL NEW 2.3L FORD ESCAPE ? Alam na po natin na na-introduce na ito sa Taiwan and Australia. So ibig sabihin po ba niyan ay hindi na advisable bumili ng Escape ngayon dahil nga sandali lang at luma na kaagad ? I'm planning to buy one and kaya kong maghintay for 2 to 3 months, palagay ninyo nandito na all new model sa ganyang time frame?

Thanks, mga bossing

Hi,

Yup, hintay ka na lang, and I think at that time frame lalabas na ang new Escape, at according sa post sa other site, may nakakita na ng new Escape sa Ford Alabang, so malamang malapit na ito irelease....

Luke

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by LucasVN View Post
    Hi,

Yup, hintay ka na lang, and I think at that time frame lalabas na ang new Escape, at according sa post sa other site, may nakakita na ng new Escape sa Ford Alabang, so malamang malapit na ito irelease....

Luke
    Mr. Luke, thanks a lot sa feedback mo. So malamang nga na ilabas na all new very soon kung ganyan na may nakakita na ng unit. Sige po hintay ko na lang ang bago kasi nga parang luma na korte and technology ng existing escape model. sana floor mounted na shifting lever ng bago, ayaw ko talaga ng sa steering wheel column naka-mount. kung kamukha ng sa australian and taiwan models ang ilalabas dito ay solve na ako, maganda.

Sana naman ay may magpost pa dito ng development or additional sightings ng new model.

Thanks again.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Hi,

As per the guy who sighted the new Escape, yes, floor mounted na sya, If I remember it right, maganda daw interior, head light is same with 06 but smoked na.. I think same with the australian, taiwan/japan released models din ang ilalabas dito...

Regards,
    Luke

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    If we are to talk about the 2007 new designs for both entry level SUV, go for the CRV. I saw the photos of the new escape. Looks like a Forester, but boring. The only market that I see for the 07 Escape is the bunch who insist to be different even if their choice is not necessarily the wisest. All new CRV may look weird at some stances, but it can get away with it. It bears the Honda badge after all. Well-thought interior and space. Even more spacious bec rear wheels are pushed to the corners. Its platform is based on the high end Acura rdx and a 2.4L engine to boot. Its true match is the 3rdgen rav

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    My cousin bought an Escape last 2003 and when they were in the expressway, it suddenly died down on them. Ford said that it has a factory defect and it was replaced.

My brother in the states strongly urged my cousin not to buy the Escape because there had been several recalls of the said mini SUV back then.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Actually, though the design isn't cutting edge, it's a little better than the "super-Civic" looks of the current CRV, and definitely not as "Ssangyong" as the up-coming CRV that they have in the US now.

The Escape is not the most practical of CUVs, but it rides and handles much better than the CRV. Recalls? At least they didn't have Escapes catching fire like a certain Honda used to do...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    may sumabog na ford expedition sa friend ko. pero pinalitan din nman.
    grabe, ulitin ko lang, SUMABOG lols

but my choice still goes to escape. mas masarap sumakay. at hindi masyadong kalat sa kalsada. :-)

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I was referring to the fact that a number of 2.4 liter CRVs in the US caught on fire because of faulty oil filter designs.

Or, we could talk about delaminating windshields on old Civics (US) that would suddenly crack... or... maybe about local Civics with faulty gas tank straps that could give way (thankfully, they issued a recall for this)...

Expedition? Hehe... it really is a piece of ****. I have four uncles who own them... ghastly difficult vehicles to maintain... but nice and comfortable... a car you could only own if you didn't care about spending $$$ on maintenance. The Escape is Mazda based, so, though it's not problem-free (what Mazda is?), it's not as bad as Ford's US-designed products.

Not that the Escape is perfect... the "melting tail-light" issue is a really bad one... and the tip-over issue is a relevant one... but that's on US-spec tires... our local tires might not be grippy enough to cause that. Tip-over on the CRV? Hehe... the local CRV's tires are so slippery that you'll end up off the road way before it starts to tip over...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Honda CRV vs Ford Escape