New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    I'm in the market of buying a second hand vehicle but reading the threads posted here only made my mind so confused. Will any of the Gurus here help me make that decision? Which is better performance wise, a van (liteace, vanette, mazda e2000) or an AUV (FX, Hi-lander)? I will be using it around at short distances within Metro Manila half-loaded and probably once every three months out of town full-load. We're eight in the family. I don't need a fast one but surely need a vehicle that can climb.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    You mentioned family..i'd always go for an AUV. You'll have more protection on a frontal collision security-wise.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Really need to make a decision, bago ko magastos pera ko sa ibang bagay. Thanks in advance.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    how much is your budget?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Highlander seems more apt given your daily routines however it poses a problem when you go out of town since 8 full-grown people definitely won't fit in an AUV comfortably, let along the luggage.

A Vanette/E2000 is a gas guzzler, the Lite Ace is underpowered and an L300/Hyundai H100 may be a bit big for you in the daily grind.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    If that's the case Sir, pwede na ba ang Tamaraw FX GL 1.8 gas? or I need a Hi-lander to climb up to Baguio? mas expensive nga lang.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    My budget would be in the tune of P200th Sir.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    sa FX/Revo pwede pa 8 pax kung di malalaki at mura mga parts. Xwind masikip at matalbog.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by chiekot View Post
    If that's the case Sir, pwede na ba ang Tamaraw FX GL 1.8 gas? or I need a Hi-lander to climb up to Baguio? mas expensive nga lang.
    Mahina sa akyatan at arangkadahan ang Tamawar FX na gas e. Matakaw din sa gas.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    climbing power you say? baka mas maigi diesel po kunin nyo

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Van or AUVs?