New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Too late to buy a car ... new tax will be implemented come Jan ... you have less than 2 weeks to buy a new car ...

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Is this accurate? Isn't the CRV manufactured within ASEAN as well?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by theblob View Post
    Is this accurate? Isn't the CRV manufactured within ASEAN as well?
    the shift in manufacturing plant of mazda (from non-asean japan to asean malaysia), would result (daw) in reduced manufacturing cost and tax.
    even if the new excise tax is added to its new cost, the final market price would still be less than its current price.
    Last edited by dr. d; December 21st, 2017 at 09:55 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by yecherchong View Post
    What do mean by the last statement? Quite late already?

Sent from my Pixel using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    I think he means if you were to buy a vehicle now chances are it would be delivered by next year already hence subjected na to the new excise tax rules.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    I think he means if you were to buy a vehicle now chances are it would be delivered by next year already hence subjected na to the new excise tax rules.
    If you are able to invoice the purchase at a date before 2018, then you should be alright.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Not sure about the latest CX-5 but had a previous gen 2013 top spec 2.5L AWD before and had a few complaints. One thing you have to watch out for is the overall quality whether it has improved.

For example, previous CX-5 seemed to have a very thin layer of paint, some internal switches weren't illuminated so cabin felt quite dark at night, and plastic panels were on the cheaper side. Plus it was using a more expensive AGM battery for the start/stop system which I just turned off as it was more intrusive than helpful with our traffic situation. Rear seats seemed lacking in thigh room as well.

I was attracted by it's numerous features vs its rivals for a lower price back then. But I guess you do get what you pay for. Don't get me wrong as it was an ok overall and Youjin service is a nice bonus. I really think that Berjaya is doing a great job managing Mazda in our country.

Sold it just before the 3yr warranty expired.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567