New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    changed mind si mrs. gusto nya ngayon ford focus na 2.0 hatchback or maghintay sa upcoming civic

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLOWMAN
    changed mind si mrs. gusto nya ngayon ford focus na 2.0 hatchback or maghintay sa upcoming civic
    Its hard making a comparision of a vehicle that hasnt been released yet. Its best to wait for the new 2006 Civic to be released and test drive first but just to be sure or safe, make a reservation inorder to avoid suffering the peril of people like me who did not anticipate the hopeless shortage with the Fortuner. ( Almost one year waiting and no sign of hope yet.)

One more thing, its not advisable to buy a new vehicle after its immediate release since there might be "bugs" (sometimes serious) that might crop up. Usually people who buy the vehicles in the first year of release, are the ones who "informally" test the vehicle for the manufacturer. The "bugs" or any improvements works its way up to the "updated" or facelifted version of the vehicle that the manufacturer releases after three or so years.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    i recommend the jazz.easy handling, very responsive, impressive manouverability, very spacious and extremely functional
    not to mention the "steermatic controls" and fuel frugality
    btw it was driven to bagiuo fairly recently and there were no complaints w/ re to its stability and acceleration

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Yup, just made the reservation for the 8th gen civic a while ago. i chose the 1.8 rather than the 2.0. Sabi kase ng agent mas maganda yung 1.8 sa handling and stability. nasalestalk ako kaya yun ang pinili ko. I'll keep you posted when i get to have the unit on april 3

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Yup, just made the reservation for the 8th gen civic a while ago. i chose the 1.8 rather than the 2.0. Sabi kase ng agent mas maganda yung 1.8 sa handling and stability. nasalestalk ako kaya yun ang pinili ko. I'll keep you posted when i get to have the unit on april 3
    Magkano ang down mo? And come April 3, guaranteed ka na ba ng isang unit?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by number001
    Magkano ang down mo? And come April 3, guaranteed ka na ba ng isang unit?

Php5000 lang. Yup, guaranteed na DAW ako na magkaunit. Panigurado lang din naman yung dinown ko, para kung sure na kukunin ko na, atleast may reservation na ako. If not, i can always refund it naman.....

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ayaw ko yung Honda civic '06. Looks small and not really that worth it to get excited about, IMO. parang replica ng city na longer version...END OF THREAD NA SIGURO. We myt be settling to Fortuner vvti 4x2 variant.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    ayaw ko yung Honda civic '06. Looks small and not really that worth it to get excited about, IMO. parang replica ng city na longer version...END OF THREAD NA SIGURO. We myt be settling to Fortuner vvti 4x2 variant.
    The Fortuner is a very good choice. Just dont get discouraged initially by the wait or those dealer "robbery" schemes.

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by number001
    The Fortuner is a very good choice. Just dont get discouraged initially by the wait or those dealer "robbery" schemes.
    haba pa ba nang pila hanggang ngayon ?

tuloy pa din pala racket ng Buwitre kung ganon

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BoEinG_747
    haba pa ba nang pila hanggang ngayon ?

tuloy pa din pala racket ng Buwitre kung ganon
    The line is still as long as it is...at least thats what they make you think anyway.

The "racket" is still going strong in some dealers. Even the Toyota-owned are sprouting more horns now, now that they have joined the ranks of other scrupulous dealers by offering the "required" add-ons.

I will write something more extensive regarding the current state of the Fortuner waiting line by next week in the proper thread.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Honda Civic? Honda Jazz Or Toyota Innova?