New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by slamtaz View Post
    for the experts here, pls correct me if i'm wrong but in that case why not go for the more powerful & a tad more expensive yet very sporty 2.3 mazda 6, you'll be getting a midsize sedan & not a compact.
    I'll just be tempted to transplant it's engine into my 3.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    buy the 1.8l. i have one and i am very satisfied with it...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ok na sa akin yung 1.8 pero kung gusto mo pa more power and more frills sa interior, mag 2.0 ka

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    hi huys.. bago ko d2 sa tsikot.. any way, tanong ko lang, anu ba advantages ng 1.8S variant sa 1.8V bukod sa mags tsaka seat cover? tingin nio ba justified yung 67K more para sa 1.8S A/T over 1.8V A/T?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by payps21 View Post
    hi huys.. bago ko d2 sa tsikot.. any way, tanong ko lang, anu ba advantages ng 1.8S variant sa 1.8V bukod sa mags tsaka seat cover? tingin nio ba justified yung 67K more para sa 1.8S A/T over 1.8V A/T?
    Walang safety features (like ABS and airbags) ang 1.8V. Imho, 67K is more than "justified" pag safety ang pag-uusapan. Although I'm of the opinion na dapat standard na ang safety features for any automobile dito sa 'Pinas even for the lowest/barest variant.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rj_tim View Post
    Walang safety features (like ABS and airbags) ang 1.8V. Imho, 67K is more than "justified" pag safety ang pag-uusapan. Although I'm of the opinion na dapat standard na ang safety features for any automobile dito sa 'Pinas even for the lowest/barest variant.

ahh.. ok.. noted. thanks very much. hindi kasi nakalagay sa website nila eh.. (http://www.hondamakati.com.ph/)
    i agree justified nga yun.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by slamtaz View Post
    for the experts here, pls correct me if i'm wrong but in that case why not go for the more powerful & a tad more expensive yet very sporty 2.3 mazda 6, you'll be getting a midsize sedan & not a compact.
    Medyo OT: but would you still consider the civic a compact car even though its dimension are almost similar to some midsize sedans?

8. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    If your very concerned sa gas consumption get the 1.8s. Sobrang sulit ito. If your a speed feak I dont think the 2.0 available here locally will make you smile from ear to ear. I wonder bakit hindi parehas yung K20 release nila sa asia at sa states. The US version gets the 197hp rated K20. But pag yung 197hp K20 ang available sa atin then its definetly a no brainer choice. The 2.0 civic

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Actually, for speed freaks, even the 1.8 MT is sufficient. Medyo impressed kami ng pinsan ko sa acceleration niya from a standing start. He owns an SiR and I own an RS. He was impressed at the linear power (more torque than the SiR) and I was impressed at the top-end pull (a little cleaner than the stock RS).

In terms of sportiness, the one big issue with the 1.8 is the softer and looser "feel" of the steering and suspension compared to the 2.0.

But they both feel dog slow in A/T form... mas maganda talaga ang hatak pag MT... especially with the delay in the electronic throttle on the A/T models.
    Last edited by niky; April 13th, 2007 at 06:06 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    The FD Civic has the same wheelbase as the previous-generation Camry.

But I don't think it's midsize because the windshield is so raked it reduces the available space inside. And I have experienced the shift shock too. Surprising. The interior plastics in my opinion of the 1.8S are a tad better than the Mazda3 1.6V but the plastic is softer and shows scratches easily.

What surprised me about both the FD 1.8S and MZ3 1.6V is that the roof headliner is some paper-y material. Not as rough as on a Vios 1.3 E but paper-y nonetheless! quite a shock compared to cloth. If you like your pillowy interiors I think the 2.0L Civic will make you happier.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Honda Civic 2006 [1.8] or Honda Civic 2006 [2.0]