New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    i end up with 2013 Fiesta Hatchback Sport+ ung dual transmission issue sa 2011 na lang pala yun..

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by bayen View Post
    interesting choices. here are my thoughts on these selection

Honda Civic - the current civic for me just lost its sporty look. the FD (previous civic body code) looks sportier for me. the current one looks more refined. Although the interior is packed with all the toys you want.

Fiesta - not the same category as the Civic. Its very fun to drive though. 1.6L engine for that small body. i tried test driving this thing and you can easily throw it around. Tried it inside a parking lot and I just did rounds and rounds and it accelerated quickly and responded fast. Very nimble, almost as good as the mazda 2. suspension is a little on the stiff side but not uncomfortable. The double cluth (power shift) though have been reported to have some problems, based on what i've read from other forums.

Ford Focus - the new one is packed with all the technology you can get your hands on. I'm just not digging the petrol engine. The old TDCI 2.0 engine was already tried and tested. i just wish they used that instead.

I agree with the previous post from page 1, the elantra is really a steal for its price.
    Allow me to share a thing or two about FoFo (Ford Focus). I'm already using a 2009 Focus 1.8L MT Sedan. Even I drove it between 120kph to 160kph (at normal pace), I can end up between 9.4km/l to 10.4km/l (city driving, the 120 to 160 is NLEX, Skyway; I frequently use it from Meyc to Alabang via the dreaded EDSA).

Fords now are (gone are those days) fuel efficient. My 09 FoFo has a WRC-built. If you remove the front and rear bumpers, there's still bars, not your radiator. It's like a ladder-type built for cars. As for banking (during curves), I can easily drive it pass the Cruzes, Civics, Elantras, and even Subarus. Nice ride on bankings.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    to the TS:
    If you are a relax driver, cruising type, sometimes aggresive, I suggest Civic.
    BTW, suspension of the Civic is not too good, medyo matagtag/matigas sya ng kunti, (or its just me).

If you like superb handling, manueverability, a little of speed, good ride and suspension, I can suggest go with the fiesta.
    You will surely love driving it.
    BTW, the Powershift love high RPM

4. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo728 View Post
    Allow me to share a thing or two about FoFo (Ford Focus). I'm already using a 2009 Focus 1.8L MT Sedan. Even I drove it between 120kph to 160kph (at normal pace), I can end up between 9.4km/l to 10.4km/l (city driving, the 120 to 160 is NLEX, Skyway; I frequently use it from Meyc to Alabang via the dreaded EDSA).

Fords now are (gone are those days) fuel efficient. My 09 FoFo has a WRC-built. If you remove the front and rear bumpers, there's still bars, not your radiator. It's like a ladder-type built for cars. As for banking (during curves), I can easily drive it pass the Cruzes, Civics, Elantras, and even Subarus. Nice ride on bankings.
    ---
    +1
    Ford Focus body is Homogeneous ultra high-strength boron steel, same technology used by Audi, Bimmer & Benz.
    Kaya medyo mabigat, pinto palang ang kapal at iba ang sound pag sinara mo.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Honda Civic 1.8S AT vs Fiesta Hatchback 1.6L Sport+ PowerShift