New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I`d get the Honda City or a 1.6E Altis or even a 1.8V Civic.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    i have a honda jazz 1.5 and it has an alarm. A shock sensor can be added for an extra 3k. But it does have an alarm for forced entries as stock.

The jazz also has power folding side mirrors and rear disk breaks.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    I had the same dilemma once.... i picked the Jazz over the City because the Jazz can haul more bulky items like baby strollers, chairs, and huge boxes.

The entry level Jazz got dual airbags

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    After reading a gazillion articles about fuel efficient + good looking cars criteria, I have settled down with this 2 models. I'm planning to get the 1.5 version (top), financing options

So could you help me out? any pluses or minuses for the 2 mentioned?

Saka baka may alam kayong magandang dealership?

TIA

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    If I don't need the cargo space definitely City ako mas mura eh...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by raybrig View Post
    After reading a gazillion articles about fuel efficient + good looking cars criteria, I have settled down with this 2 models. I'm planning to get the 1.5 version (top), financing options

So could you help me out? any pluses or minuses for the 2 mentioned?

I prefer the Honda Jazz.

For me, the interior and exterior looks better. The hatchback makes the Jazz for flexible in whatever cargo you want to stuff into the car. Extra large stuff that will not fit into a standard car will easily slip into the rear cargo area of the Jazz. The fold-flat rear seats doubles the cargo area.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I prefer the Honda Jazz.

For me, the interior and exterior looks better. The hatchback makes the Jazz for flexible in whatever cargo you want to stuff into the car. Extra large stuff that will not fit into a standard car will easily slip into the rear cargo area of the Jazz. The fold-flat rear seats doubles the cargo area.
    Myself included.

Though admittedly I'm not a Honda guy, the current generation Jazz 1.5L appealed a lot to me when it first came out in '08. Honda got the design right, well at least to me it looked better than on the GD. And those 16" wheels filled up the wheelwells nicely. Plus it did not lose the flexibility and space of the cabin. Minivan space with sub-compact proportions.

What I couldn't justify, however, was the price of admission, especially when compared to a Vios when Toyota slashed Vios prices. Somehow I felt the sedan provided a bit more formal feel compared to the hatch's all-around aura.

Between the Jazz and the City, definitely the Jazz. On looks alone tapos na ang boksing, add the functionality of the interior pa.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    kung ikaw ay bata pa at walang pamilya, go for the jazz
    kung family car ang purpose, city ang mas ok, mas comfy ang ride, may trunk ka pa.

the jazz can haul alot of things, even huge things kung wala kang pasahero sa likod. di yata ito nababanggit nung mga nagsasabing marami kang maikakarga sa jazz eh.

sa city kasi dahil may trunk ka, at ang laki laki ng trunk ng city, kahit punuin mo yon ng gamit eh wala namang epekto sa space ng mga pasahero lalo na yung nasa likod. maluwag din ang space, very comfy para sa 3 adults sa likod.

also consider nga pala yung fuel lid ng jazz na umaangat pag binukasan nang nakalock yung mga pinto, di ko alam kung di pa naresolve ang issue na ito.

FC of my 1.3S MT City:
    City: 15km / L
    Hi-way: 23km / L (avg 60 - 70km/Hr, 4 adult passengers)
    Hi-way: 18-19km / L (avg 80 - 100km/Hr, 4 adult passengers)

just sharing my opinion.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Buhayin ko lang ito.

I love the Jazz and would swear by it, being a former owner. Pero a bit of dilemma lang ako.

We went to Honda Pasig yesterday and we looked at the new model. We also had the chance to look at the new City. Pogi rin naman ang City and way comfortable sya specially sa likod. Being ULT seats ang Jazz, parang bench type na lang ang chairs nya while the City is plush and comfortable. There are other small difference i've noticed. One is the steering wheel controls for the audio. City has it while Jazz wala. Maganda mga material ng seats ng City kaysa Jazz but that's subjective. Didn't noticed kung power side mirrors ang Jazz though pero yun City yes. Plus, medyo bland ang color selection ng Jazz kaysa City. Well they're both bland pero mas maraming choices lang ang City. Plus of course the price being cheaper ang City kaysa Jazz.

I know the selling point of the Jazz is the space, but since I have a SUV already, I probably won't be utilizing it much.

So, would it still be wise na bumili ng City? Wala bang problems ito in the long run? Or feature wise ba sila lamang ang Jazz or City?

Your opinions, please. Thanks. BTW, i'm only comparing yun top of the line of each model.
    Last edited by Mguy; February 3rd, 2013 at 10:37 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Mguy View Post
    Buhayin ko lang ito.

I love the Jazz and would swear by it, being a former owner. Pero a bit of dilemma lang ako.

We went to Honda Pasig yesterday and we looked at the new model. We also had the chance to look at the new City. Pogi rin naman ang City and way comfortable sya specially sa likod. Being ULT seats ang Jazz, parang bench type na lang ang chairs nya while the City is plush and comfortable. There are other small difference i've noticed. One is the steering wheel controls for the audio. City has it while Jazz wala. Maganda mga material ng seats ng City kaysa Jazz but that's subjective. Didn't noticed kung power side mirrors ang Jazz though pero yun City yes. Plus, medyo bland ang color selection ng Jazz kaysa City. Well they're both bland pero mas maraming choices lang ang City. Plus of course the price being cheaper ang City kaysa Jazz.

I know the selling point of the Jazz is the space, but since I have a SUV already, I probably won't be utilizing it much.

So, would it still be wise na bumili ng City? Wala bang problems ito in the long run? Or feature wise ba sila lamang ang Jazz or City?

Your opinions, please. Thanks. BTW, i'm only comparing yun top of the line of each model.
    maybe you dont need space kasi nga may suv na. pero maganda pa rin na handa ka. maganda exterior ng top of the line ng jazz. pati exterior (for me)

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
Honda CITY VS Honda Jazz [MERGED]