New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    hallo!

i'm a noobie on cars and i read somewhere on motioncars.com that the city is just the jazz without the hatchbody. is jazz really much better than the city? (the ratings there seem to convince me that the jazz is the better choice).

is legroom really an issue with jazz if i'm just 5'2"? are the rear seats too uncomfy? my priorities are economy then comfort and style.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Jazz or even the City are just economy cars so comfort level would be just around the bare minimum. We have a Honda City and I would say the rear seats are NOT comfortable for trips lasting more than 15 minutes although rear legroom is generous.

The best way to find out about ANY car would be to walk into one of their showrooms and sit in one. Don't be shy because you will be spending hard earned money buying one of their cars, let them do their work.

Between the two (Jazz & City), I would suggest the Jazz because its basically the same car with the added benefit of a more flexible interior (fold the rear seats flat and you can carry twice more cargo than a mid-sized sedan) and better exterior looks.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    The Jazz is definitely the better choice, as it has more space, and looks WAY better than the City. It's quite a bit more expensive though, but I'll never choose the City even if it's only about the City's ugly ass styling.

Legroom is not an issue at all with the Jazz. I'm 5'10" and sit in the back quite comfortably. It's surprisingly roomy for it's size. As for comfort, the ride's somewhat rubbish even among its class(very harsh) thanks to the cheap suspension, but to me that's okay considering what the rest of the car is.

Economy's wonderful. My dad gets >15km/L on our Jazz without even trying. Style's subjective, but I like the Jazz a lot, it's very cute.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    the Jazz is expensive. i think the City looks good naman na. plus the bonus of a trunk is very practical. i like the City Premier edition. go check that limited edition variant.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Jazz for me.

It looks much better and there is flexibility for transporting stuff because the seats can be folded.

The downside is that it's more expensive.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    jazz din ako between the two.
    engine and specifics wise, i think, pareho lang ito eh. but during last weekend, i had the chance to look closely at the Jazz exhibit sa alabang town center and these are what i like:

a) form factor
    b) the head space (heck...bigger than my lancer pizza - o malaki lang talaga ako)
    c) the fold down seats
    d) the comfortable seats
    e) the trunk, even though its a hatch, seems big enough...bigger if you fold down the seats.

even though i have not had the chance to drive one, mukhang mas easier to drive sya including parking.

now i am thinking of getting one as a replacement to my lancer by june this year.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Jazz for me. I have one and I have never regretted choosing it over the City over a year ago.

You can load up the Jazz a lot more than you can ever imagine over the City. So, you got the looks, the economy and the practicality of a subcompact car...

When we moved to our new place over a year ago, I was able to load it with 3 21-inch TVs, 1 14-inch TV, a couple of stereos (of course with 2 speakers each), and a whole lot more with still a lot of room to spare and with much less effort, and with a passenger on the front seat.... (You definitely can't do this with a City..... )

:beam:

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Sometimes you also have to consider other features and functions of the car. If you have things or belongings you always bring in your car that needs to be kept away from the eyes of burglars, I think you need the trunk of the city since you can keep it inside and couldnt be seen from outside, ex. a laptop computer. There are cases that thieves break the windshield to gain access or open your car if parked in unguarded place. Another thing is if you want to install a subwoofer. IMO I think its better hidden.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    There's already a hatch compartment cover for the Jazz. It hides any items in the hatch area (but only if the rear seats are upright, not folded) and, as a bonus, it makes the total air volume the aircon needs to cool smaller. It's a very practical accessory.

Between the two, it's a tough choice. I prefer the Jazz, but the City actually has more useable cargo space if you're carrying four to five people because of that huge 500 liter trunk.

The only thing I dislike about either car is that the seat cushions are actually too low. They're set that way to give you good legroom, but some long-legged people may find it uncomfortable on the knees.

The ride is stiff and brittle and the steering is still too light (but it's firmer in newer Jazzes I've driven), but in this segment, the Jazz is still one of the most fun cars around. The City is a little less fun because of the extra weight back there, but it's not a bad car.

Priorities lang yun.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Thanks very much to all who replied!

Yup i'm rooting for the jazz.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Honda City or Jazz?