New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    corolla for me. mas malaki at mas tahimik. meron kami sx8, maingay sa loob. nung nahiram ko civic fd ng pinsan ko e ini-expect ko na tahimik sa loob e hindi pa rin, ang lakas ng tire noise.

may mga balita din na papalitan na ang engine ng altis ng 2.0 na dual vvti.

Quote Originally Posted by cablespy View Post
    compact vs mid-size sedan? I think it's better to compare city vs vios or altis vs civic.

Altis for me. It's a higher category than a city.
    It should've been subcompact vs compact sedans.

If I'd compare it to the gen 2 vios, the city wins for me in the looks and interior department. But we all have to wait until the city hits the city streets.

Corolla vs Civic? I prefer again Civic's modern interior.

However depende rin kasi sa buyer's reasons for having a car. My vote still goes to toyota because of honda's upkeep costs. (For buyers like me who looks at bnew cars as keepers)

3. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    if its between the city and altis then for sure get the altis
    but if its between a civic and an altis then its another matter.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    as the civic is going to have a minor facelift (daw) by mid 2009. I am back on topic now sa city vs altis.
    may confirmation na ba if the altis is gonna have the engine change as rumor has it they are doing away with the 1.6L engine and have 1.8 and 2.0. Does that mean prices will also go up also?

Seems underpowered ang corolla 1.6L engine * 109ps, the city 1.3 will have 100ps. I am looking at M/T of either the altis 1.6G or the city 1.3S.

With the classification of compact vs subcompact sedans, can't find the info in the spec sheet but how much liter or whatever unit am I gaining? I know subcompacts are being designed to have roomier interiors and with just 10-20cm difference in length you can't really gain/lose much.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by HondaBoy™ View Post
    Guys which would you choose between the two, the soon to be release City or the current Altis. Thanks
    Between the two, I'm quite partial towards the new 1.5L City as I'm considering getting a low cost, low maintenance car next year.

City's interior finish seems quite upscale (from the pics) and all the important features I need (e.g. A/T, decent power + fuel economy, spacious + many compartments, dual airbags + ABS/EBD, alarm, etc) are already included for under 800k.

While the bigger A/T Altis is also nice and will probably cost just around 100k more, I don't see a good enough reason in getting one since space on the City will probably be good enough to fit 4-5 people.

I'll just use the money saved for fuel.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    Between the two, I'm quite partial towards the new 1.5L City as I'm considering getting a low cost, low maintenance car next year.

City's interior finish seems quite upscale (from the pics) and all the important features I need (e.g. A/T, decent power + fuel economy, spacious + many compartments, dual airbags + ABS/EBD, alarm, etc) are already included for under 800k.

While the bigger A/T Altis is also nice and will probably cost just around 100k more, I don't see a good enough reason in getting one since space on the City will probably be good enough to fit 4-5 people.

I'll just use the money saved for fuel.
    agree with the features and initial cost savings with city. but PM-wise assuming casa pareho and to follow the manual's sched, talo ka sa honda, alam nating lahat yun. toyota pa rin lumalabas na mas mura. if you plan to sell the car within 3yrs, ok siguro yung honda kasi you get to save on expenses up front. long term though, mukhang mas makakamura ka sa toyota pa rin.

but yes, this is not apples to apples so fuel consumption, comfort, other factors aren't considered as well.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by a9828 View Post
    agree with the features and initial cost savings with city. but PM-wise assuming casa pareho and to follow the manual's sched, talo ka sa honda, alam nating lahat yun. toyota pa rin lumalabas na mas mura. if you plan to sell the car within 3yrs, ok siguro yung honda kasi you get to save on expenses up front. long term though, mukhang mas makakamura ka sa toyota pa rin.

but yes, this is not apples to apples so fuel consumption, comfort, other factors aren't considered as well.
    I see, actually I never really compared casa maintenance cost even in my other cars before so I have no idea. Anyways, since both are compacts and Japanese, I'm assuming running cost for either should be fine.

I just hope City seating position won't be too low or sporty like the Civic. Civic is nice but I just find the seating position and hard seats very uncomfortable

8. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    the gas tank on the 09 city is still under the front seats so seating position would probably be higher than the normal sedans like the current city.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post

I just hope City seating position won't be too low or sporty like the Civic. Civic is nice but I just find the seating position and hard seats very uncomfortable

9. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Atlast the new City 09 is here

10. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Hmm...now when I think of it, Altis 1.6 M/T (after discounts) and City 1.3 A/T are practically priced the same

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Honda City '09 or Corolla Altis '09