New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    You did an excellent research. Test drive na lng imo.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    toyota innova in a heart beat. honda brv is small and cramped compared to the innova. and if you can stretch the budget go for the everest trend. space, comfort, high ride, safety.

tatagal kaya yang cvt pag7 ang sakay mo lagi? reliable ang honda but the reliable honda you knew most probably had a conventional a/t.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    ako din innova na lang, most people don't realize that the suspension of the innova is CUV - like. it's like buying a honda crv or cx5 na diesel tapos mas mura pa. and syempre toyota low maintenance.

why buy those CUV na existing na biglang bagsak presyo 3 years from now, kakaawa yun mga nagme-meyari ng mga CRV or Forester or CX5, ang bentahan kagad unit nila 500K or lower sa used market. eh etong Innova 3 years from now, aagawan yan sa 700K kasi diesel

4. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    toyota innova in a heart beat. honda brv is small and cramped compared to the innova. and if you can stretch the budget go for the everest trend. space, comfort, high ride, safety.

tatagal kaya yang cvt pag7 ang sakay mo lagi? reliable ang honda but the reliable honda you knew most probably had a conventional a/t.
    Malaki kaya difference ng maintenance ng Everest sa Innova?

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jaggerx3 View Post
    Malaki kaya difference ng maintenance ng Everest sa Innova?

sa everest thread nasa P9k for every 10k km/6months ang 2.2 model. nagpapamahal lang yung air filter kasi palit kahit 3k km lang tinakbo. tago mo lahat ng air filter sa 3 years na casa maintenance then use it for the succeeding years.
    no idea of innova pm. every 5k or 10k km ba?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    sa everest thread nasa P9k for every 10k km/6months ang 2.2 model. nagpapamahal lang yung air filter kasi palit kahit 3k km lang tinakbo. tago mo lahat ng air filter sa 3 years na casa maintenance then use it for the succeeding years.
    no idea of innova pm. every 5k or 10k km ba?
    Kahit 3k pa lang palit na? Why.
    Considering getting one. And cosindering your advice about the eve

7. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Brv - okay ito if hirap si misis or ikaw sa malaking sasakyan. Mas maliit kasi at madali overall ipark, singit, etc.

Innova - If road trip kayo every weekend at mga tipong buong pamilya or barkada kasama, ito kunin ko.

SUV - Balance ng porma, tibay and seating capacity. Everest, ito ang pinaka safe na oto sa lahat ng nilatag mo na choices. Just search ASEAN ANCAP test for raw data. Driver electronic aids + 6 airbags. - parang 4x4 lang yan. Mas gugustuhin mo na alam mo meron ka kahit di mo kailangan kaysa naman wala ka pag kinailangan mo na. ;p

Sa maintenance di na nagkakalayo lahat yan. As mentioned, ung consumo ng brv since gas is ma offset din sa tipid ng crudo at tibay ng suspension ng ppv.

Toyota Fortuner Jumping in Off Road Competition - YouTube

8. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    I was in your position a few weeks ago. Initially, was considering the usual options for a family vehicle ie. fortuner, montero, everest, mux etc. All of those models would cost 1.35-1.5m

Good thing i saw the BRV. I also had the initial assumption that it would be underpowered, until i test drove and was impressed with engine performance. The 1.5 engine always had enough power even with 3 adults and cabin space was even more impressive.

The P989k price was the deciding factor, i easily saved P400k, which will be used for fuel for the next 6-8 yrs. So i decided on the 1.5S and brought it up to tagaytay with 4 adults and a few bags. Power is more than sufficient and cabin space is very good and well thought out.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Just some rough computations since everyone throws around the phrase "mababawi mo rin yung extra for the SUV because it's diesel".

Assumptions:
    BRV city FC: 8 km/L
    PPV city FC: 9 km/L
    Diesel cost: P32/L
    Gas cost: P45/L
    Annual distance travelled: 15,000 km

BRV annual fuel cost: 84k
    PPV annual fuel cost: 53k
    Difference: 31k/yr

Price difference between BRV and mid-range PPV: approx. 450k. So, 450k divided by 31k per year?

It will take roughly 15 years to offset the price difference between a BRV and a mid-range PPV.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by vincem View Post
    I was in your position a few weeks ago. Initially, was considering the usual options for a family vehicle ie. fortuner, montero, everest, mux etc. All of those models would cost 1.35-1.5m

Good thing i saw the BRV. I also had the initial assumption that it would be underpowered, until i test drove and was impressed with engine performance. The 1.5 engine always had enough power even with 3 adults and cabin space was even more impressive.

The P989k price was the deciding factor, i easily saved P400k, which will be used for fuel for the next 6-8 yrs. So i decided on the 1.5S and brought it up to tagaytay with 4 adults and a few bags. Power is more than sufficient and cabin space is very good and well thought out.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    how tall are you sir?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Honda BR-V vs entry-level mid-sized SUV (Everest/Fortuner/Montero/etc)