New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Very tempting pero baka yung malas ng owner mapunta sayo Seriously my Mom's good friend used to work for psbank pero we did not push through na lang. May matatanda din hindi tumitira sa repo property. They rent it out lang.
    Last edited by _Cathy_; September 9th, 2015 at 01:04 AM.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Kestana View Post
    That's why you need very good eyes (for physical assessment), ears (for unusual noises), nose (for smelling the interior for mud residue left by flooding, etc.) and butt (for feeling any mechanical damage which will affect the ride). There's always the risk of the previous owner sabotaging the car, that's why you need to be on the look out for it. Most repo cars are high mileage (over 10 to 20K km in a year), but sometimes may mga iba na hindi talaga nagagamit yung car nila. Basically fresh, low mileage cars.

Most used car dealers actually get their cars from banks and they usually buy it in lots so it's even cheaper. Then naglalagay sila ng malaking patong when they sell it. Good detailing can make a relatively new car (<5 years old) look almost new.
    how true is it, that the really good cars have already been snapped up by the bank personnel? ...that what they do sell to us is the dregs of automotive repossession...?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Very tempting pero baka yung malas ng owner mapunta sayo Seriously my Mom's good friend used to work for psbank pero we did not push through na lang. May matatanda din hindi tumitira sa repo property. They rent it out lang.
    hindi naman lagi..
    not all repossession is because of lack of financial ability to sustain the installments..
    sometimes, ayaw na lang nilang ituloy.. for a variety of non-financial reasons..

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    how true is it, that the really good cars have already been snapped up by the bank personnel? ...that what they do sell to us is the dregs of automotive repossession...?
    I think there is some truth. My mom's good friend would inform her friends about good deals muna.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    I think there is some truth. My mom's good friend would inform her friends about good deals muna.
    hija... put me in the loop... please...
    heh heh.

hija... put me in the loop... please...
    heh heh.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    OT: Unfortunately she retired na.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Kestana View Post
    That's why you need very good eyes (for physical assessment), ears (for unusual noises), nose (for smelling the interior for mud residue left by flooding, etc.) and butt (for feeling any mechanical damage which will affect the ride). There's always the risk of the previous owner sabotaging the car, that's why you need to be on the look out for it. Most repo cars are high mileage (over 10 to 20K km in a year), but sometimes may mga iba na hindi talaga nagagamit yung car nila. Basically fresh, low mileage cars.

Most used car dealers actually get their cars from banks and they usually buy it in lots so it's even cheaper. Then naglalagay sila ng malaking patong when they sell it. Good detailing can make a relatively new car (<5 years old) look almost new.
    Ahhh i thought you can only start it but not drive it. If you can drive it, then you can at least feel if nilaspag

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I'd suggest she look for a relatively new Avanza in the repo lot. If she's mostly alone or has just a few passengers, I suppose the 1.3L will suffice. Better visibility due to high ride height, increased ground clearance and wading depth and the extra seats for emergencies are practical considerations.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    planning to buy pa naman sana 2015 celerio..

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by deloelse View Post
    after tonight's experience... i am seriously re-thinking my choices...
    avanza...?

Quote Originally Posted by deloelse View Post
    after tonight's experience... i am seriously re-thinking my choices...
    avanza...?

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast