New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Hello guys, I am here to seek help for my lady friend who is planning to buy a subcompact cars na nasa price ceiling at 500k (and after discounts.) Pwede naman siguro umabot ng up to 600k if there is none available. Her company might shoulder the car purchase partly.

I said to her na A/T na ang kunin para madali yung pagda-drive niya from home to office (Manila to BGC). Pero OK din sa kanya sa M/T since sa manual siya natuto sa driving school.

heto ang reco ko sa kanya:

Mirage GLX
    Wigo G or E
    New Celerio (may discount na ba sila kapag bago?)
    anything else?

But, sabi din niya sa akin na inirereconsider din niya bumili ng second hand. Tapos after one year, ibebenta na niya to buy a new one. OK lang ba kumuha ng second hand cars sa bank? (yung mga repossessed ones)

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Mirage GLX na lang. It's small, practical, CVT.

Don't get the Celery (unless you hate your friend). Di yan makapasa abroad sa crash test kasi nag-c-collapse yung brake pedal during a crash. LOL.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Mirage GLX na lang. It's small, practical, CVT.

Don't get the Celery (unless you hate your friend). Di yan makapasa abroad sa crash test kasi nag-c-collapse yung brake pedal during a crash. LOL.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by myas110 View Post
    Hello guys, I am here to seek help for my lady friend who is planning to buy a subcompact cars na nasa price ceiling at 500k (and after discounts.) Pwede naman siguro umabot ng up to 600k if there is none available. Her company might shoulder the car purchase partly.

I said to her na A/T na ang kunin para madali yung pagda-drive niya from home to office (Manila to BGC). Pero OK din sa kanya sa M/T since sa manual siya natuto sa driving school.

heto ang reco ko sa kanya:

Mirage GLX
    Wigo G or E
    New Celerio (may discount na ba sila kapag bago?)
    anything else?

But, sabi din niya sa akin na inirereconsider din niya bumili ng second hand. Tapos after one year, ibebenta na niya to buy a new one. OK lang ba kumuha ng second hand cars sa bank? (yung mga repossessed ones)

Thanks!
    Mirage G4 GLX CVT (around 560K Php after discounts)
    Celerio CVT (528K after discount; currently on 20K Php discount as part of their introductory offer)

The Wigo isn't as cheap as it used to be. Other than the Toyota badge (it's actually a rebadged Daihatsu, fyi), it's not a good option because it reeks of cheapness and it's relatively not fuel efficient.

The Mirage G4 (sedan version of the Mirage) is very spacious. Interior is almost as spacious as a Vios or City. As for the Celerio, it's even more fuel efficient than the Mirage hatch CVT variant and slightly more spacious too. Personally I'd get the Mirage G4 due to the space/price ratio. Hard to beat really.

Dark horse option: Hyundai Grand i10. It's almost 600K Php for the cheapest automatic variant, but it's a fair bit classier than the Mirage and Celerio in terms of ride quality, space, materials, NVH, etc. It's clearly the upscale option. No ABS on the cheaper variant though and I can't comment on its fuel efficiency. Lastly, beware of Hyundai's casa maintenance. Very expensive from experience. If you want cheap casa maintenance get a Kia or Toyota.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I beg to differ, Hyundai i10 can't possibly be classier than Mirage G4 because it's a supercompact (overpriced) while the latter is subcompact (class higher).

5. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Mirage glx or new celerio.
    Or if you want a little sportier, but not exactly fc fruendly, then piccanto.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    I beg to differ, Hyundai i10 can't possibly be classier than Mirage G4 because it's a supercompact (overpriced) while the latter is subcompact (class higher).
    Drive one and you'll see what I mean. Size isn't everything. The Grand i10 is clearly the more posh vehicle. The NVH levels alone on the Grand i10 is noticeably better.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Kestana View Post
    Drive one and you'll see what I mean. Size isn't everything. The Grand i10 is clearly the more posh vehicle. The NVH levels alone on the Grand i10 is noticeably better.
    Even topgear agrees: http://www.topgear.com.ph/drives/rev...and-i10-1-2-at

Although hyundai after sales really sucks. How about the picanto?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    My dad's best friend (who is car saavy) loves his mirage. He was even convincing me to get one!

9. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Mirage hatchback GLX. Just make sure to get the latest version so it'll already have 14" alloy wheels, power windows sa rear, and abs.

GLS to get other nice-to-haves like GPS, rear spoiler, fog lamps, side mirror-mounted turn signals, etc.

10. Join Date
    May 2014
    AFAIK, Mirage, Wigo, Celerio, Eon, i10, etc. belongs to minicar segment while Accent, Vios, City, Rio, etc. belongs to subcompact cars. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyway, BTT, I would pick Grand i10 then Mirage, Wigo.

Grand i10 for looks and much classier feel. Mirage for practicality and Wigo because its T-badge.

Just my 2 cents

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast