1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    the brio reminds me of the infamous ford pinto

pero gusto ko iyong green color nila. ang lamig sa mata

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

the brio reminds me of the infamous ford pinto

pero gusto ko iyong green color nila. ang lamig sa mata
    ..is this the car that looks like it got rear-ended, even before it got rear-ended?
    sumasabog daw yan kapag nabangga, sabi ni brother ralph... never got to prove it, 'though. but his words were swallowed hook, line and sinker back then.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by myas110 View Post
    kung sasagutin ko ang tanong mo, wala pa...single pa ako...:D

pero kung yung tanong mo is related sa thread na ito, it's for my lady friend, and gagamitin niya mainly sa work, and occasional family trips.
    related naman kasi kung may pamilya ka na wag ng subcompact

3. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Syuryuken View Post
    related naman kasi kung may pamilya ka na wag ng subcompact
    I agree with that. I can buy an MPV naman.

pero yung friend ko, she will use it almost purely for work. and with limited budget since she will pay the car from her own pocket.
    Last edited by myas110; September 7th, 2015 at 09:18 AM.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    I agree with that. I can buy an MPV naman.

pero yung friend ko, she will use it almost purely for work. and with limited budget since she will pay the car from her own pocket.
    Might I suggest you simply purchase a fairly new repossessed car from the bank? A 2012 to 2013 supermini with automatic transmission like a Hyundai i10 would be under 300K Php. Just ensure that the car was surrendered voluntarily and has a complete service history. If you're lucky, you can get a keeper that's low mileage. Most importantly, double check the car for signs of mechanical damage or flood. Should be fairly easy to spot if you have a good eye, nose and sensitive ass for detail. However, cash buyers get priority over those who will take a loan since the purpose of selling these repo cars is to liquidate them. Just meet the minimum bid on the cars you've chosen and if you're lucky you'll save a ton of money.

But if new car, still the new Celerio CVT or Mirage GLX CVT as a second choice. The Wigo isn't as fuel efficient which is also an important criteria for a daily driver.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Kestana View Post
    Might I suggest you simply purchase a fairly new repossessed car from the bank? A 2012 to 2013 supermini with automatic transmission like a Hyundai i10 would be under 300K Php. Just ensure that the car was surrendered voluntarily and has a complete service history. If you're lucky, you can get a keeper that's low mileage. Most importantly, double check the car for signs of mechanical damage or flood. Should be fairly easy to spot if you have a good eye, nose and sensitive ass for detail. However, cash buyers get priority over those who will take a loan since the purpose of selling these repo cars is to liquidate them. Just meet the minimum bid on the cars you've chosen and if you're lucky you'll save a ton of money.

But if new car, still the new Celerio CVT or Mirage GLX CVT as a second choice. The Wigo isn't as fuel efficient which is also an important criteria for a daily driver.
    saan bang bank ang may abundant repo cars sa depot nila and where are they located?

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    saan bang bank ang may abundant repo cars sa depot nila and where are they located?
    PSBank napakarami

PSBank napakarami

7. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    PSBank - Pasig, along C5, beside Red Ribbon and Wilcon
    East West Bank - Sanford compound, West Service Road, SLEX, beside Robinson's condo and old Astra Zeneca
    UCPB - Oyster Plaza warehouse, Sucat, near Airport Mall
    BPI - forgot the place, but it's somewhere in Buendia in Makati
    Maybank - Ugong, Pasig, just look up their address

Go to Carmudi. Most banks post their cars for sale there.

As for the best selection, PSBank has the most to choose from and they're open on Saturdays. Other banks usually have their warehouse closed on Saturdays. The only thing I hate about PSBank is that they're turned it into a store and you'll need to get a number and choose three cars you want to check thoroughly while you wait for your turn. You can take a look at all the cars in the warehouse in person, but you can only start and thoroughly inspect three (3) cars. If you want to inspect another set of cars, you'll have to queue again by getting another number. The reason they do this is because a lot of people buy at the PSBank repo warehouse. If you have cash, sulit siya. I almost managed to get a 2014 Vios 1.3J na under 20K mileage for under 350K Php. PSBank even details the car for you once it's bought, which is why you'll see workers detailing many cars at once when you enter their compound.

Parang business na rin nila. Hard to blame them since a lot of people get drawn to "low downpayment" schemes and eventually are unable to pay the hefty monthly. Kukunin at kukunin ng bank yung car even if you've paid 90% of the amount so far. They take your car and you get nothing. Once the bank takes the car, the loaner will have a 1 or 2 month redemption period to pay them, otherwise it will be for sale na. If you see cars at the bank warehouse without a price yet, it probably means: 1) it's still up for redemption by the loaner, or 2) it hasn't been appraised and priced yet.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    What is the typical condition of a repo car? In the US kasi most homeowners trash their house before being repossessed by the bank. Iniisip ko it might be the same with cars here. Imagine if alam mo na marerepossess yung kotse mo at di mo mababayaran. Hirap kasi makita sa inspection at start ng engine if nilaspag eh bago ma-repo

9. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by RandMcnally View Post
    What is the typical condition of a repo car? In the US kasi most homeowners trash their house before being repossessed by the bank. Iniisip ko it might be the same with cars here. Imagine if alam mo na marerepossess yung kotse mo at di mo mababayaran. Hirap kasi makita sa inspection at start ng engine if nilaspag eh bago ma-repo
    That's why you need very good eyes (for physical assessment), ears (for unusual noises), nose (for smelling the interior for mud residue left by flooding, etc.) and butt (for feeling any mechanical damage which will affect the ride). There's always the risk of the previous owner sabotaging the car, that's why you need to be on the look out for it. Most repo cars are high mileage (over 10 to 20K km in a year), but sometimes may mga iba na hindi talaga nagagamit yung car nila. Basically fresh, low mileage cars.

Most used car dealers actually get their cars from banks and they usually buy it in lots so it's even cheaper. Then naglalagay sila ng malaking patong when they sell it. Good detailing can make a relatively new car (<5 years old) look almost new.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Kestana View Post
    PSBank - Pasig, along C5, beside Red Ribbon and Wilcon
    East West Bank - Sanford compound, West Service Road, SLEX, beside Robinson's condo and old Astra Zeneca
    UCPB - Oyster Plaza warehouse, Sucat, near Airport Mall
    BPI - forgot the place, but it's somewhere in Buendia in Makati
    Maybank - Ugong, Pasig, just look up their address

Go to Carmudi. Most banks post their cars for sale there.

As for the best selection, PSBank has the most to choose from and they're open on Saturdays. Other banks usually have their warehouse closed on Saturdays. The only thing I hate about PSBank is that they're turned it into a store and you'll need to get a number and choose three cars you want to check thoroughly while you wait for your turn. You can take a look at all the cars in the warehouse in person, but you can only start and thoroughly inspect three (3) cars. If you want to inspect another set of cars, you'll have to queue again by getting another number. The reason they do this is because a lot of people buy at the PSBank repo warehouse. If you have cash, sulit siya. I almost managed to get a 2014 Vios 1.3J na under 20K mileage for under 350K Php. PSBank even details the car for you once it's bought, which is why you'll see workers detailing many cars at once when you enter their compound.

Parang business na rin nila. Hard to blame them since a lot of people get drawn to "low downpayment" schemes and eventually are unable to pay the hefty monthly. Kukunin at kukunin ng bank yung car even if you've paid 90% of the amount so far. They take your car and you get nothing. Once the bank takes the car, the loaner will have a 1 or 2 month redemption period to pay them, otherwise it will be for sale na. If you see cars at the bank warehouse without a price yet, it probably means: 1) it's still up for redemption by the loaner, or 2) it hasn't been appraised and priced yet.
    para namang SM yan... max of 3 or 4 clothes items per fitting session..

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast