New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis.Rhaines View Post
    Ano ano po ba fascinating features ng Sentra? How about its FC sir? Sabi kc sa thread, malakas daw uminom ng gas ung sentra eh. Mga ilang kms po per liter city driving? Actually kino consider ko rn ung sentra kc nga mas mura. Walang 300k may setra na ko. Ay kaya lng base model lng ata ng sentra ung less than 300. Hmmmmm.

So sirs, basically low mileage ang pinaka titingnan ko? Possible ba na ung car eh nasa 30k palang odo khit 5 years na? Di kaya tampered pag gnun? May nkita kc akong gnun sir eh. Thanks much!
    Most fuel efficient variant, I believe, is the 1.6L M/T. 1.3L is said to be underpowered so it takes more effort to move the car. Yung mga A/T variants din siguro may konting kalakasan sa gas as compared to the M/T. In the end it all boils down to how you drive. Some people get much higher FC numbers as compared to others who have the same car since they probably do not drive in peak traffic hours, feather the throttle, shift early, observe proper maintenance, etc... You can get 1.6L units for less than 300k naman siguro, it all depends on the year model. 1.6L N16 Sentra's are produced starting 2002-2010 if I remember correctly.

Low mileage is one factor. Check the overall condition of the car. Have a test drive in varying road conditions, get a feel of the car in high speeds and when going through road ruts. There should be no other sounds besides the engine and the tires. Check for signs of Ondoy like rust underneath the carpets and door hinges, malfunctioning electronics, damp smell from the upholstery, etc. 30tkms in 5 years is very much possible. From 2000-2003 our 1997 Accord logged only 15tkms. From 2003-2011 our 2002 Trooper logged only 53tkms.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Wow galing. Dami nio tlgang alam mga masters. Maraming salamat talaga. Tama kau sirs sa mga sinabi nio. Sana mrami rn akong alam s tsikot. Lol. May nakausap ako kahapon sabi skn mahal daw pyesa ng sentra. Tsaka in 5 years, naglalabasan na raw mga sakit ng auto. Lahat dw ng klase? Ano ano po kaya ung mga posibleng mging probs ng honda city, toyota vios, and sentra after 5 years? Sir gti, 2007 model po kc dpat eh. 5 years old at most dpat ung age ng auto pra maapprove s pakotse ng compny. Aun. Thanks masters.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Wow galing. Dami nio tlgang alam mga masters. Maraming salamat talaga. Tama kau sirs sa mga sinabi nio. Sana mrami rn akong alam s tsikot. Lol. May nakausap ako kahapon sabi skn mahal daw pyesa ng sentra. Tsaka in 5 years, naglalabasan na raw mga sakit ng auto. Lahat dw ng klase? Ano ano po kaya ung mga posibleng mging probs ng honda city, toyota vios, and sentra after 5 years? Sir gti, 2007 model po kc dpat eh. 5 years old at most dpat ung age ng auto pra maapprove s pakotse ng compny. Aun. Thanks masters.
    Hindi yan... Its just a matter of finding the right place to procure parts. Kung sa casa ka lagi kumukuha syempre naman mahal. Kung mahal ang parts ng Sentra paano pa kaya yung mga Honda? Five years lumalabas ang problems? All the depends on how you maintain the car. A well maintained car, kahit notorious lemon pa yan, will give you many years of reliable service. For problems both big and small in the Sentra and Vios, the best people to answer your question would be the cab drivers. They are in the car for the whole day, alam na alam nila ang mga problema niyan. Dun sa City, ang alam ko lang na problema is the CVT. There have been many known failures already...

Nissan Sentra MT - 07 | Cars for sale NCR | AyosDito.ph
    Nissan Sentra MT - 07 | Cars for sale NCR | AyosDito.ph
    Nissan Sentra MT - 09 | Cars for sale NCR | AyosDito.ph eto kung napakagaling mo tumawad and/or if you are willing to add a bit

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    hindi naman, again..nasa nagmamaintain lang yan, kung poorly maintain inside the 3 years or 5 years warranty, maglalabasan talaga yun mga sakit niyan on the 6th year or before on the 5th year and so on.. yung 2003 Vios ng relative ko, she one of the first vios owner in the metro, 9 years na Vios niya kasabayan pa or matanda lang ng two years yung Revo namin, it was still in a tip-top condition, that 9 years old vios run just like it was bought yesterday ;)it only clocks 117,+++kms. alagang-alaga kasi, casa-maintain, AFAIK, walang naging matindi problema, maliban lang sa pagpapalit nila ng rear shocks, nung 2008, kasi matagtag na habang tumatagal, saka replace battery, tires at air filter, brake pads and repair kit for clutch mechanism.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Question:

Are GSi Lynx's technically ok?

I mean, they come in cheap. For 250k you could already get hold an 05 unit.

I know Fords tend to have low resale values, but are there any issues tied with the Lynx which makes it a no-no to be a first/alternative vehicle?

Scratch off the Lynx RS, I know it's one good vehicle. But what about the lower variants such as GSi's and LSi's ? Are they any good?

Pampagulo lang. And I myself is wondering kung ok nga yung Lynx. Pansin ko kasi, people hardly recommend them.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Question:

Are GSi Lynx's technically ok?

I mean, they come in cheap. For 250k you could already get hold an 05 unit.

I know Fords tend to have low resale values, but are there any issues tied with the Lynx which makes it a no-no to be a first/alternative vehicle?

Scratch off the Lynx RS, I know it's one good vehicle. But what about the lower variants such as GSi's and LSi's ? Are they any good?

Pampagulo lang. And I myself is wondering kung ok nga yung Lynx. Pansin ko kasi, people hardly recommend them.
    bro, yan ba yun RS look na rin? yung A/T raw kasi e me balibalitang medyo di kagandahan ang fuel economy, at saka mahal daw ang spare parts, according sa mga mekanikong nakakwentuhan ko sa talyer minsan.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Sir FC ng 1.3 sentra and 1.6 sentra? Wala po ba kaung figure in kpl? Sama nio n rn sir ung 1.3 vios and 1.5 vios pati city 1.3 and 1.5 pacencia na sirs ahh? Noob pa ko s tsikot eh. D p nga ko masyado mrunong. Hehehe. San ba sit mganda mag aral ng driving? Tsaka magakano? Salamat po ulit. Thanks lalo kay master gti.

Nga pala sirs, pag casa mahal parts. Ibg sbhin ba kapag sa labas ng casa mas mura, orig pa ba un o class a lang kung baga? Alam ko kc sa nissan lng tlga gling ung orig.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    *zap : Yup. The RS look.

Paano naman kaya sa MT. Kamusta naman yung Ford Lynx GSi MT ?

Overall kasi, it looks ok. Fuel injected, 118(iirc) bhp, 16V, power everything ...

Yung parts naman, meron naman Mazford sa Banawe.

I was just thinking baka may certain flaw ito, like the Pizza lancers -- yung suspension sirain.

Kamusta naman yung power, aircon, overall comfort and reliability

Ganun. Haha. Curious lang. Pareng Niky ... Hehe.

Diba. It's relatively cheap. And definitely looks better than the N16 Sentra (subjective po)

---

*Memphis.Raines

You don't need to enroll yourself in a driving school to learn how to drive. Ask a relative who knows, to accompany and teach you. Do this everyday, or whenever you're free. Practice on straights first, then tackle turns. I would recommend you to this on a place where cars do not pass regularly, since you might panic if ever they beep at you. After that, try tackling the "real world". Not necessarily EDSA or other congested place. But a place where cars and PUVs regularly pass. Duon mo masusubukan yung instinct at tantsa mo. After that, go to a more difficult place. Then EDSA. Finally, tackle the expressway to release your urge to do a spirited driving.

Original parts need not come from CASA itself. They can come from outside, beware of fakes though. Buy from a trusted shop. Nisparts in Banawe offer a good number of OEM/ORIG Nissan parts.
    Last edited by renzo_d10; March 15th, 2012 at 09:05 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Mahirap magka exact Figures ng FC kasi totally dependent iyan sa driving style and kung saan bumabiyahe.

Kapag lagi kang naka highway, malamang matataas lagi yung FC na ibibigay sa yo.

Pure city / mixed city/highway is going to be different.

Kung parts yung usapan, depende na yun sa shop. Yung mga ibang shop, original talaga yung binebenta. Yung iba, class A / replacement. Pero kung kilala / matino naman yung shop, maliit lang yung chance na iloloko ka sa parts.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    I tried na rn magdrive. Hirap po ako sa bitin. Ung paakyat tpos traffice like sa elevated u turn sa c5. Tpos hirap dn ako magpark. Haaayyy pero i know na kng papano paandarn ung auto. Hahaha. I think may guts na ko sa lugar na mrmi auto since nagmomotor me. Lagi c5 daan ko. And nver ako nkaramdam ng kaba. Ewan lng pag auto na dala ko. Hahaaha. Thanks sir sa advice. Dagdagan mo pa sir. Heheheheh.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
[Help!] What is the best USED car, Php 350,000 (Model 2007)?