New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    congrats! i wonder what happens to the civic? ibebenta to some other poor soul with the same gimmick?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Mukhang so far e Vios ang right choice. Pero I forgot to mention din yung mileage ng 2 cars. Mazda has a mileage of 32t km, and Toyota Vios 52t km. I have yet to verify if these mileages are real. Pero if totoo, Vios pa rin ba ang dapat na piliin ko?

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by anansiboy View Post
    Mukhang so far e Vios ang right choice. Pero I forgot to mention din yung mileage ng 2 cars. Mazda has a mileage of 32t km, and Toyota Vios 52t km. I have yet to verify if these mileages are real. Pero if totoo, Vios pa rin ba ang dapat na piliin ko?
    sa akin lang sir ah. parang sobrang baba nung mazda 3. 32k km for 7 years, 4.5k per year? tingin ko pinalitan na rin e. yung vios kapanipaniwala naman

4. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    sa akin lang sir ah. parang sobrang baba nung mazda 3. 32k km for 7 years, 4.5k per year? tingin ko pinalitan na rin e. yung vios kapanipaniwala naman
    I agree. Even if we say the mazda's mileage is true, i'd prefer the vios. I think the former would depreciate faster. I also think the mazda consumes more gas and has an anemic engine, unless it is a 2.0.

On the other hand, the mazda is mas maporma.

But still, check mabuti both cars and test drive it. Check if it was flooded and if there is a possibility to check the records sa casa where the car was bought, parang yung ginawa mo sa civic but do it first before getting the car instead of doing it after. Good luck sir!

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Even with those mileages,- I'd get the Vios over the Mazda,- mas bago ng 2 years....

17.3K:type:

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    glad to know there was a resolution on your complaint, sir. hindi naman pala totally useless ang dti

ako din i'd choose the vios. in the future i think it'll give you less headache in terms of durability and availability of spare parts.

good luck!

7. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Maybe that is why some 2nd hand car dealers would offer free transfer of ownership, para hindi masilip yung history at records nung car.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Why take either cars? Kung ako sa iyo, refund kukunin ko. Try ko muna sana paglaban ung 4months depreciation, pero kung ayaw or ndi pwede talaga, it's still better to get the money minus depreciation than getting another car from them. Madami kalokohan sila pwede gawin sa replacement car mo to make you regret the purchase and cost you more in the long run. Kunin ko nlng pera ko and ask here for a reputable second hand seller at sa kanya ako bibili.

And IMO, they have already shown they are untrustworthy, they admit defeat ng ganyan lng. Kung ako ung may ari and I know I did my due diligence on the car before ko binenta, Lalaban ako, papakita ko lht ng documents ko na nagpapatunay na wlang kalokohang nangyari sa kotse na binili mo (basically nacheck ko lahat ng husto, tama lahat ng documents ng nagbenta sakin ng kotse, etc, I'm sure dealer's have their ways to know kung tampered or ndi ung kotse), hindi ung sige na panalo ka na. If I'm not mistaken, what he did is basically a Nolo Contende.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    I bought a 2nd-hand Honda Civic 2004 model last July 3 at a car shop (I'm not gonna name names here). The salesperson told me that the previous owner only used the car going to work and that it was mostly family-driven. The registered mileage at the time I bought the car was around 64k. By the way, I bought this car for 330k.

When I went today to Honda Service Center to have the car checked, I was surprised to know that the car was last serviced on 2008 and that its mileage at that time was already at 120k+. So that means by the time that the car was sold to the car shop (I assume that it was sold to them this year, as this shop is relatively new), the mileage must be almost 200k. The person handling the service of the car informed me that it was previously owned by a company (surprise, surprise). I was shocked and extremely dumbfounded when I learned about this. I was obviously being conned.

I chatted with the salesperson about this and she informed me that they also did not know about it and it was the first time that they experienced something like this. I asked them if they are going to do anything about it and informed them that I will definitely file a complaint against them. Isn't it their job to do a background check of the car? Would it be too hard for them to verify if the mileage is correct?

Do you know of any governing body to which I can raise this issue? This really pisses me off. I was so happy to finally have a much better car (I used to have a Nissan Sunny and then a Toyota Corolla 1992 model). But imagine my reaction when I found out about this.

Hope to hear from you guys.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    happened din to me way back...
    i bought a 2000 lancer which had around 64k odometer reading.... pagdating nung odometer sa 100k, biglang naging 238k...
    kaya pala pinasakit ang ulo ko nun....

anyway, you can report to DTI.... i have inside connections. just let me know if you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by rossph View Post
    Just to share. I sold my 2002 Altis to a car dealer based in Central Luzon last 2010. I sold it at 188T kms. When I saw it in one of the internet ads I was surprised to see it being sold with "only" 64T kms. That is why I never believed mileage whenever I check on those used car dealers. So I believe the car dealer is the one who had your car's mileage rigged. My suggestion to the TS just ask for additional rebates from the car dealer during your mediation.
    Quote Originally Posted by rac98 View Post
    Congratulations! Buti naman at natauhan yang dealer na yan. I'd choose thr vios over the mazda if i were you. But like what the others mentioned, check the car thoroughly.

Pansin ko lang rin, like what the others posted, bakit kaya usually 64k ang nakalagay sa odo if it was tampered?
    Bakit nga ba usually 64K sa odo? gear type kaya or yung digital na? may makakapag explain kaya nito?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Mga Sirs, I have an update na about my case.

I filed a complaint to DTI and I was given the dates of the mediation. At the schedule first mediation, the car dealer didn't show up. Representative from DTI then told me that they would inform the dealer to appear on the second mediation. They still didn't, but I was able to talk to their president after the DTI rep contacted the dealer's office on that day of the second mediation.

The dealer said that we could have talked about this and that I should not have brought this case to the DTI. I told him that they did not give me any choice since they did not cooperate the first time I called them and informed them about the mileage issue.
    So anyway, after much deliberation at their end, they gave me 2 options: full refund minus the depreciation for the 4 months I was using the car OR they can swap my Civic with either Mazda 3 2005, 1.6 A/T or Toyota Vios 2007 1.5G A/T. I think the second option is much feasible for me so that I wouldn't really lose that much money (I will not have to shell out any cash even if these 2 are more expensive than the Civic), plus I'm getting a newer car compared to the one I got.
    The question now is, which do you think should I take? Mazda 3 2005 1.6 A/T or Toyota Vios 2007 1.5G A/T?

Thanks for the help, guys!
    Kudos to you sir. Standing up for what is right. Hindi mo talaga dapat lunukin na lang na niloko ka nila. You should not give in sa proposal nila. Ikaw dapat maglatag ng mga icocomply nila. You should demand full refund with interest pa nga dapat, had you put that 330k sa bank, it should've earned you some amount as well. Ikaw na-agrabyado kaya dapat ikaw magdemand.

Quote Originally Posted by drphph View Post
    Why take either cars? Kung ako sa iyo, refund kukunin ko. Try ko muna sana paglaban ung 4months depreciation, pero kung ayaw or ndi pwede talaga, it's still better to get the money minus depreciation than getting another car from them. Madami kalokohan sila pwede gawin sa replacement car mo to make you regret the purchase and cost you more in the long run. Kunin ko nlng pera ko and ask here for a reputable second hand seller at sa kanya ako bibili.

And IMO, they have already shown they are untrustworthy, they admit defeat ng ganyan lng. Kung ako ung may ari and I know I did my due diligence on the car before ko binenta, Lalaban ako, papakita ko lht ng documents ko na nagpapatunay na wlang kalokohang nangyari sa kotse na binili mo (basically nacheck ko lahat ng husto, tama lahat ng documents ng nagbenta sakin ng kotse, etc, I'm sure dealer's have their ways to know kung tampered or ndi ung kotse), hindi ung sige na panalo ka na. If I'm not mistaken, what he did is basically a Nolo Contende.
    I'm with this guy. Sinuka mo na yung pinakain nila syong panis, may iseserve silang "pangat"... kakainin mo pa rin ba?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast