New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    How about Chevrolet Trax instead of EcoSport

2. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    Although they share exactly the same engine, you don't get the same FC as the Accent CRDI. The heftier body, body shape & bigger tires all contribute for a poorer FC.
    i agree, altho with the great FC of that engine, panalo pa rin and worthy trade-off with the enormous space and utility. Kahit minus 2-3Km/L ayos pa rin e. But then again depende na kay OP yan.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Aero13 View Post
    Its beyond my budget eh

4. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by airwaves View Post
    Based on the previous posts here, Practicality = Hyundai Accent diesel, but what about maintenance costs? reliability? cheap to maintain din ba ang hyundai accent?
    Yun nga eh matipid nga sa gas at mura diesel bawi naman sa maintenance. Pag kinompyut ko roughly 100k lang ang savings ko in 4 to 5 years compared sa gas engine. Baka kainin lang ng maintenance yan.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by airwaves View Post
    Based on the previous posts here, Practicality = Hyundai Accent diesel, but what about maintenance costs? reliability? cheap to maintain din ba ang hyundai accent?
    Regular maintenance of the Accent doesn't cost much more than other similarly priced cars. You only pay more for oil (6L vs 4L) but an extra 2 liters of diesel oil is just around Php 1k, which you only have to spend every 5,000 km. The monthly fuel savings you get definitely outweighs that.

Reliability-wise, there aren't any major issues that plague the Accent. Many claim that the Accent's CRDi engine will be difficult to maintain because the injectors are expensive to replace, but if you get feedback from actual owners, very few (if at all) have had to replace expensive engine components (injectors, turbo, etc) over the course of their car ownership.

Quote Originally Posted by Aero13 View Post
    Personally, I don't like the Trax's styling, looks more like an awkward hatchback (like the Suzuki SX4) rather than a subcompact CUV (like the Juke and Ecosport). Of course, this is entirely subjective.

Objectively though, the Trax will definitely suffer from poor resale value and parts availability. I have 2 friends with Chevy Cruzes, both having difficulty selling their units despite both being in good condition.

Quote Originally Posted by unmarked View Post
    i agree, altho with the great FC of that engine, panalo pa rin and worthy trade-off with the enormous space and utility. Kahit minus 2-3Km/L ayos pa rin e. But then again depende na kay OP yan.
    The Soul's looks are polarizing though. Personally, its looks are a dealbreaker for me, but some people might like the quirky vibe. The discrepancy in sales between the Accent CRDi and the Soul shows that most people aren't too fond of the latter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    The Ford Escape 1.6 SE is now heavily discounted * 1.099M.

On second thought, maybe it's available for financing only and not cash purchase. Still cheap if through financing at about 1% annual rate.
    Last edited by Walter; July 29th, 2016 at 08:18 AM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    The Ford Escape 1.6 SE is now heavily discounted * 1.099M.

On second thought, maybe it's available for financing only and not cash purchase. Still cheap if through financing at about 1% annual rate.
    Ford Makati offered me the Escape 1.6 SE Ecoboost at 0 DP (as in no cashout for the usual 20% DP financing scheme).

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Ford Makati offered me the Escape 1.6 SE Ecoboost at 0 DP (as in no cashout for the usual 20% DP financing scheme).
    in the automotive industry, nothing is free, po.
    so i wonder, how did the seller spread the downpayment, so's the buyer will feel he got a bargain?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    in the automotive industry, nothing is free, po.
    so i wonder, how did the seller spread the downpayment, so's the buyer will feel he got a bargain?
    Yep nothing is free but you need to do the figures to give you an idea which offers the best value.

I calculated the total amount of amortization plus the 0 DP over the SRP and the interest is less than 4% annually (5 years = 19% total interest). Not bad as most banks offer around 5-6% annual interest for a car loan of 5 years with 20% DP. Plus you get free 1st year insurance which is around 35k for a vehicle worth 1.5M.

My wife is just not too impressed with the Escape. She even preferred more the Xtrail 4x2 which feels more premium inside and bigger than the Escape.

At the end of it all, we went on to get what we always wanted in the first place - the Forester.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Yep nothing is free but you need to do the figures to give you an idea which offers the best value.

I calculated the total amount of amortization plus the 0 DP over the SRP and the interest is less than 4% annually (5 years = 19% total interest). Not bad as most banks offer around 5-6% annual interest for a car loan of 5 years with 20% DP. Plus you get free 1st year insurance which is around 35k for a vehicle worth 1.5M.

My wife is just not too impressed with the Escape. She even preferred more the Xtrail 4x2 which feels more premium inside and bigger than the Escape.

At the end of it all, we went on to get what we always wanted in the first place - the Forester.
    hah!
    sa haba haba ng prusesyon...

and i think all buyers should first do their maths. they should not be blinded by zero this and zero that, and instead look for the hidden figures.
    i always make it a game of sorts, to myself, "ok, so they removed this amount.. where did they hide it?"
    and i remember the adage, "the bigger the down payment, the smaller the headache afterward".

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast