New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by secx View Post
    Sige i search ko po muna itong alto 1.0 no idea ako sa looks nito baka nakakahiyang i-drive. I'll check Mirage too... Pero sa Picanto 1.2 parang hindi napo kaya ng budget.
    :hysterical:
    At least it looks better than before.

If you can still afford the Celerio, then that would be my best bet. Next would be a tie between the Spark and the EON.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Ano po ba kaibahan ng 2011 vs 2012 na Spark?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    i know nothing about the spark except for it was originally called the Daewoo Matiz..

Daewoo matiz - Google Search

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Here are some of my opinions based on the selection:

i10 - This is very close with my Getz. Space wise it is ok, plus factor for me was the elevated shifter (MT)which makes it comfortable to use during stop and go traffic. The thing is, I don't like the current models (compared to the earlier 1.2s) since it is barebones and the black bumpers are not nice.

Celerio - I barely remember riding this car as it was years ago. I like the exterior looks and they say FC is also good. However the 2 front power windows for the MT version is a bit of a let down. Plus some do say that the 3 cylinder motor can be quite annoying during high speeds and uphill.

Eon - I love the price point of this car, really. I was captivated by the bright color BLUE display at MIAS when I first saw the car. Being a big guy who loves tiny cars, this is the smallest I've tried to squeeze myself into (haven't tried the Suzuki Alto din kasi). The driving position for me is not as good, hence, if I were to buy, this would be last in my list. Sayang, ang laki ko kasi eh, LOL.

Spark - This car's exterior looks is striking. I love the now you see me now you don't passenger door handles, but the back side of the car is a style a mom / creator could only love. Interior wise, I like the driving position plus the standard safety features such as Driver airbags and ABS (if I recall correctly). No problems for me squeezing in this baby. The instrument panel is cool but would take some getting used to.

Picanto - The exterior looks of this hatch is a true revolution from the old shell it had. I like it period. The 1.0 MT version seemed lacking when I viewed it personally since it was stripped with a whole lot of features. But the 1.2 MT version hits the spot. The addition of DRL, LED taillights, driver airbag, abs(if I recall correctly), very nice designed mag wheels seems to be a good upgrade from the bare 1.0 version. However if you are budget conscious and don't mind barebones, the 1.0 is not that bad since all of the upgrades you can get outside naman.

Hope this helps, all of the opinions are based from actual inspection in showrooms and car shows. I have not driven any of the cars. I bet after trimming down the choices base on price, specs and preferrence you can go on and start test driving. That would be the deal breaker / maker. :D

5. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Average pms ng FD 4-5K, mahal nga yun if 4.8K eh mas maliit makina.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Picanto, Spark and i10 really are the best in terms of space, but for regular sized guys, the Celerio, Alto and Eon are not bad.

The i10 has the most combined interior and cargo space of the lot. The Spark has a nice cabin, but the trunk is tiny.

The Spark rides better than the Picanto and the pre-facelift i10. Not quite sure about the post-facelift one, but it should be similar. Don't quite know how it compares to the new Eon. The upside to the stiffness is the i10 and Picanto feel quite steady at highway speeds... though the i10 has better steering.

The Suzuki 1.0 is incredibly economical. Better than the 1.0s in the competitors I've tested. If economy is the only measure you care about, the Celerio is probably your best bet (at least it looks more modern than the Alto). And stay away from automatic transmissions. Mated to engines this small, they can really suck away fuel efficiency.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    *malcoxx thanks for the opinions in helping me decide for my 1st car. Over price na po talaga ang Picanto 1.2 kaya baka mas pipiliin ko ang Spark based sa opinion mo.

*Gecko Guy ano po yung FD?

*niky Sorry po baguhan lang po ako sa mga kotse if you won't mind ano po ang pre at post facelift? Ok din po sana ang Celerio pero nalaman ko 3yrs lang pala warranty ng mga Suzuki nadisappoint naman ako dun. Tama po economy car ang hanap ko plus the looks na hindi nakakahiyang idrive at low maintenance cost. I heard about i10 maintenance is so expensive umaabot daw ng 14k per annum. Matunog po sakin ang EON at Spark pero nasasagwaan ako sa black bumpered EON. Hindi ko rin sigurado kung i-aahon ako sa lucban netong EON. Tingin nyo po?

8. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by secx View Post
    *niky Sorry po baguhan lang po ako sa mga kotse if you won't mind ano po ang pre at post facelift? Ok din po sana ang Celerio pero nalaman ko 3yrs lang pala warranty ng mga Suzuki nadisappoint naman ako dun. Tama po economy car ang hanap ko plus the looks na hindi nakakahiyang idrive at low maintenance cost. I heard about i10 maintenance is so expensive umaabot daw ng 14k per annum. Matunog po sakin ang EON at Spark pero nasasagwaan ako sa black bumpered EON. Hindi ko rin sigurado kung i-aahon ako sa lucban netong EON. Tingin nyo po?
    Pre facelift, yung bagong ma facelift ang isang sasakyan. Let me say an example, 2007-2009 Toyota Vioses are prefacelifted models before 2010. 2010 models and up are post facelift

9. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by myk384 View Post
    Pre facelift, yung bagong ma facelift ang isang sasakyan. Let me say an example, 2007-2009 Toyota Vioses are prefacelifted models before 2010. 2010 models and up are post facelift
    thanks a lot po

10. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    *secx: FD is the 8th generation Honda Civic...meron na ngayon 9th gen...FB naman sya.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Help me choose BNEW 2012 model ( EON / Spark / Picanto / Celerio / i10 )