New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    yup, eto gusto ko..lalo na may plan ako i-pang "van-for-hire"

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    BTW... sa ibang bansa starex and grandia and most of our local vans are categorized as MINI-BUS. i think
    Yep. In other markets, if a vehicle can seat 12 persons, it is already called a coach aka bus.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by cocoy View Post
    why isnt toyota bringing this jumbo version of the hi ace here? tambak yan sa thailand.. used for tourist shuttle,,,, in australia they also use it and they even hook up a trailer to carry the lugguge so that the van itself just carries the passengers....trust me this van is huge..........
    +1. a friend of mine who vacationed in thailand prior to the Super Grandia's launch here was a bit optimistic about getting the Jumbo Grandia when he got back. he was eventually disappointed that it's not being offered by Toyota Phils.

hmmm... if it can haul the passengers and a trailer in australia, that's got to be quite a potent engine. i wonder which of the ff engines it has:
    - Diesel 3.0L - 80kW = 107 hp; 286 Nm
    - Petrol 2.7L - 111kW = 149 hp; 241 Nm

The diesel is Common Rail Direct Ignition Turbo and the petrol is VVTi.
    The

(http://hiace.toyota.com.au/toyota/ve...61_762,00.html)

That's still a bit more powerful than the local 2.5L 102 hp; 260 Nm we have here. But not in the Starex 2.5L 145 hp; 360 Nm range.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Get the Starex AT.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Napapansin ko nga na maraming Super Grandia sa daan. Magkano kaya presyo ng Super Grandia?

according to toyota quezon avenue, (kanina galing ako dun) 6mo.-1year "daw" ang waiting period ng hiace..just like noong nangyari sa fortuner noon...and NO DEALER COMMITMENTS DAW, UNA-UNAHAN..sa pagkakaintindi ko, di guaranteed na paid in full ka, mauuna ka.

kaya ginawa ko, direcho sa diamond motors QA at nag query ng 26-seater na rosa(ngek, no connect), dahil sure ang 3-months waiting period,e....

anywayz, kung gusto mo na agad ng magamit, starex, ka.. jumbo model kunin mo kung mahit sa 10 sakay mo....di pa cramped at 145PS pa ang 2.5L CRDI nila as compared to the 102ps na D4D.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    according to toyota quezon avenue, (kanina galing ako dun) 6mo.-1year "daw" ang waiting period ng hiace..just like noong nangyari sa fortuner noon...and NO DEALER COMMITMENTS DAW, UNA-UNAHAN..sa pagkakaintindi ko, di guaranteed na paid in full ka, mauuna ka.

kaya ginawa ko, direcho sa diamond motors QA at nag query ng 26-seater na rosa(ngek, no connect), dahil sure ang 3-months waiting period,e....

anywayz, kung gusto mo na agad ng magamit, starex, ka.. jumbo model kunin mo kung mahit sa 10 sakay mo....di pa cramped at 145PS pa ang 2.5L CRDI nila as compared to the 102ps na D4D.

Grabe totoo yun na 6mons sir? tagal nun ha? siguro pag nagpalagay ka sa kanila ng mga accesories at financing ka mas mapapabilis unit mo regarding starex nman try nyo po muna silipin yung GRX at Jumbo. personally parang masikip kc yung jumbo. lalu na if isasandal ung upuan sa harap mo.

much skinny ang seats ng jumbo kaysa sa grx, lalo na sa club versions.

mukhang totoo, ewan ko, baka sa quezon ave lang....palakasan system...

9. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    May nagpost dati na ang allocation ng Hiace Super Grandia per dealer is only 1 or 2 units a month kaya siguro ganun yung pila. I have only seen 1 Super Grandia on the road since its launch. Plus, ang mahal niya at P1.8M+.
    Last edited by isketi; January 30th, 2007 at 11:03 PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yeah, mahal ang Super Grandia at matagal ang delivery. Wish they at least put a more powerful engine in it to make up for the A/T.

On a sidelight, I was taking our Starex CRDi GRX A/T for a drive on the Skyway this morning. Was going about a leisurely 80-100 when a fully-loaded Commuter used as a shuttle passed me, I suppose going at around 120. With the way shuttle drivers drive, meaning flat out, and with a manual tranny, that D-4D is silently potent enough if you want it to be, and if you drive it to get to that speed. I don't know how much more juice it still had going for it though, and I can only speculate how that same D-4D would be performing on a partially/fully-loaded Grandia M/T or Super Grandia A/T. I also tried stretching the CRDi's legs on the same piece of road. Those 145 horses are addictive. ;)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Help: GL Grandia/ Super Grandia/ New Starex Crdi