Maximum Torque (JIS): kg.m/rpm 18.9 / 2,000

WEIGHT & DIMENSIONS
    Gross Vehicle Weight (kg): 2,180
    Overall Length (mm): 4,475
    Overall Width (mm): 1,680
    Overall Height (mm): 1,839
    Wheelbase (mm): 2,680

CHASSIS
    Suspension - Front : Independent Double Wishbone & Torsion Bar Springs with Stabilizer Bar
    Rear : Flex Ride Suspension System; Semi-Elliptical Leaf Spring
    Tire & Wheel Size: 205/65 R15
    Finish: Silver Finish Alloy

EXTERIOR
    Radiator Grille: 6-Hole Design
    Front Bumper: Upper Portion Body Color
    Bumper Overrider: Without
    Side View Mirror Color: Black
    Rear Combination Lamp: Multi Reflector; Bulb Type
    Rear Spare Tire Cover: Without
    Rear Spoiler with Center Chrome Garnish: Without

INTERIOR
    Seats - Driver / Passenger Pilot Seat; Reclining & Sliding / Bench Type; Reclining
    2nd Row: Bench Type / Folding
    3rd Row: Side Facing and Folding
    Material: Gray Sport Jersey / Vinyl Combination
    Handbrake Handle: Pull and Twist
    Entertainment System: Audio Function Single In-Dash CD / Tuner / MP3
    No. of Speakers: Four
    Video System: Without

COMFORT & CONVENIENCE
    Power Features - Remote Keyless Entry: Without
    Power Door Lock: With
    Power Windows: With
    Power Side Mirror: Without

SAFETY & SECURITY
    Alarm System: Without
    Back-up Sensors: Without

No word on incentives, though.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; November 28th, 2006 at 03:50 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMO.

Spending P800-900K on a new vehicle with an aging platform and engine (84hp anyone?) isn't my idea of it being a good value of money. A second hand Pajero Fieldmaster is more to my taste for that kind of money.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Well... no big loss if there's no keyless on the base Crosswind... the stock keyless system sucks as an alarm (ours works only after every other oil change... and has stopped working since mid-year).

At least the XT has decent sized tires, not those horrendous off-road balloons the XUV has (no offense, Doc! Just think they're useless on such a basic 4x2).

I'd say the choice between Crosswind and Adventure should really be up to your friend. I personally prefer the Crosswind because I have experience with it, and though I've had the exhaust fixed twice under warranty (they finally learned, though... flexpipe went in during second fix), I've had no radiator or other problems. But the ride takes some getting used to. Can't comment on the current XT, but I'm sure the current XUV will ride just as badly.

I guess the best bet is to have your friend try both out and see what he prefers driving.

The Carens? Did somebody say Carens? Where? Where?!? Nah... it's too small in the third row to impinge on AUV territory, and it'll be expensive. I'm still waiting, though.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    IMO.

Spending P800-900K on a new vehicle with an aging platform and engine (84hp anyone?) isn't my idea of it being a good value of money. A second hand Pajero Fieldmaster is more to my taste for that kind of money.
    Bwahaha... what's wrong with 84hp?

Seriously, though, if not for the statistical possibility (what, 1 in every 5,000?) of D4D problems, I'd go for the Innova... definitely a better platform. The E variant, if this is the mid-level one, comes, at least, with power windows and mirrors. That's all you really need, IMHO... fancy leather seats and other stuff are easy to get on the aftermarket. Nice car to drive, though it has a bit of turbo-lag for a CRDi (even in MT form), it's a damn sight more powerful than either of its two dinosauroid competitors.

But, hey, I understand... simple ruggedness counts sometimes... that's why it's so hard for us to decide on whether or not to sell the Crosswind.

5. FrankDrebin Guest
    Sa Isuzu, tipid ang friend mo sa maintenance kasi 4 liters of oil lang, mura lang ang mga filters (Php100.00 to Php 300.00 lang ang air, fuel at oil filters unlike sa Mitsus Php650.00 na ang fuel filters), walang timing belt, more sturdier suspension than the Mitsus, etc., fuel efficient

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Belt ba ang Mitsu? Medyo astig nga na timing gear yung sa Isuzu... gives you a lot less to think about in terms of long term maintenance.

7. FrankDrebin Guest
    niky, dalawa pa nga eh. :D

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Power windows na ba ang Innova E? Wala din kasing mention dun sa website. J, E, G, V ang indicated na models. Alin ang mid dito? Wala kasing gitna, eh. :lol:

The XT is decently equipped for the price also (around Php815k??? as per an old pricelist here). Pwede ko naman siya samahan to get the anti-theft system. Power mirrors would've been nice since different drivers take turns in driving the vehicle. XL ba ang base model ng Crosswind range?

Sorry hindi pwede ang second hand. Yan din ang unang suggestion ko (it would've opened up a whole new world of possiblities). Kaya lang brand new ang kino-consider at this time.

Ang hirap na pala maghanap ng mga 'ol reliables ngayon. hehehe. Sana may Nissan Tsuru at Maruti Baleno din sa Pilipinas. Yung fanbelts ng Crosswind AFAIK ay redundant, meaning if one breaks, there is another one left. Ganyan din sa Pajero. Pero sa Adventure at pick ups, single belt na lang ang kaya ng pulley.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Crosswind pa rin

Yung bayaw ko nga na mekaniko ng Mitsu for 15 years na wala pa ring tiwala sa Adventure mas prefer pa rin nya ang Isuzu Hilander/Crosswind.
    Last edited by Syuryuken; November 28th, 2006 at 06:15 PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    The XT is decently equipped for the price also (around Php815k??? as per an old pricelist here). Pwede ko naman siya samahan to get the anti-theft system. Power mirrors would've been nice since different drivers take turns in driving the vehicle. XL ba ang base model ng Crosswind range?
    nagtaas na (naman) ng presyo yung xt alam ko, from what I read on the newspapers. 840k na yata XT, can't recall, basta hindi na 815k. iniba na yata yung front grills and wheels/mags, basically... exterior looks nag-iba. nakita ko na sample. cute upgrade is the rear camera that allows you to see anything via LCD cam pag nagbabacking ka pero wat-d-heck..di ka naman magbabacking all the time. medyo mahirap yung choice between the crosswind XT and adventure GLS. ako rin kasi I would like the power windows, and the rear wipers a big help pag rainy season, features that you won't find on the xt.

durability-wise, I guess preho lang ang 4d56 and 4ja1, yun nga lang, mas maingay crosswind talga in the long run. na-solb na yata yung muffler and radiator issues ng crosswind with the new releases. lamang lang ang crosswind xt and xl, and maybe xuv sa fuel efficiency- but the xuv is over your budget. kung sa ride comfort... ano ba typical load ng friend mo? kung madalas loaded... maginhawa suspension ng crosswind pag fully loaded, matagtag kung solo flight ka.
    better kung mag test drive friend mo. kung ako lang...depends on what features, incentives or freebies the sales agent will give me :D

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
HELP: Another AUV Comparo