New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My friend from college is considering purchasing a brand new, diesel, M/T AUV. His budget is around Php800-900k (sagad na ang Php900k)

He was initially contemplating between an Adventure and a Crosswind.

I voted for the Adventure GLS Sport for the following reasons:

*Simple engine (no CRDi, no ECU). He is a 'ride and forget' type of guy who only wants to do basic maintenance. He lives and Laguna and makes regular trips to Bicol. I guess I don't want him to be stranded in the middle of nowhere due to D4d woes or stuck with a huge repair bill for a complex engine after the warranty expires (the vehicle will be with them for at least 10 years). I am not ready to recommend any D4d engined vehicle to anyone as of this time. Baka ipahiya lang ako ng Toyota.
    *Simple underpinnings. Coils up front, leaves in the back.
    *SRP830k. But can be had with discounts up to Php45k and has lots of freebies.
    *All power features (steering, locks, windows, mirrors)
    *Rear washer wiper
    *Rear step bumper
    *Anti-theft system and foglamps are standard (he is not the type of person who will go to Banawe to have things installed)
    *More refined than the Isuzu. Rear doors are big and actually fully open (unlike the Crosswind's). Fold and tumble mechanism of 2nd row seats are more refined also (no need for those brass-knuckle-metal-things that Isuzu uses).
    *Common tire size. Smaller than the 'big' tires on some Crosswind models, pretty inexpensive to purchase.
    *Moulded door trim. Won't sag over time like pressed vinyl
    *Availability of third party parts and services.
    *No falling exhaust and cracking radiator stories so far.
    BONUS ITEMS: Wood trim, passenger grab bar, 6-speaker audio, center console (no more bench seat).

Considering the budget, what other alternatives that may be able to fill his requirements are available?

What model Crosswind can he get at his budget? Sorry the Isuzu website is down.
    What are the features of the Innova E? The Toyota website claims it costs Php907k.

Inputs welcome. Thank you.
    Last edited by OTEP; November 28th, 2006 at 02:15 PM.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    I'd say, excellent choice! (biased, hehehe)

How about yung Innova E/J or Crosswind XT? Down yung site ng Isuzu Philippines, hindi ko matignan yung specs. Puro D-4D nga pala ang mga diesel Innovas, tough if you wouldn't want to recommend such an engine.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hindi ko yata kaya ilagay ang pangalan ko sa D4d. Baka ako pa masisi kapag natigok. hehehe. 4d56 proven ko na. Highschool pa lang ako may 4d56 na dito sa bahay in one form or another.

Yung Innova E (SRP Php907k) yata parang napaka-bare pa din. Ayon sa website:
    -No auxiliary power outlet
    -No illuminated entry (hindi sumasabay ang interior lamps sa pinto?)
    -No vanity mirror? (have to confirm pa)
    -No door ajar/seatbelt warning
    -No keys left/lights off reminder
    -No third brake lamp
    -No child locks
    -No security system
    -Wala ding mention if it has power convenience features aside from PS
    Last edited by OTEP; November 28th, 2006 at 02:17 PM.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    with numerous upgrades it seems nag-uubos na lang sila.

masyado nang matagal ang body ng adventure. baka next

year wala na. i still consider the XT over it. biased ba?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by xto View Post
    with numerous upgrades it seems nag-uubos na lang sila.
    The specs OTEP enumerated have been standard on the (facelifted) GLS Sport variant ever since it was introduced two years ago. They're the same specs on my ride (same color as the picture, too).

Quote Originally Posted by xto
    masyado nang matagal ang body ng adventure.
    Since 1997 pa yata ito, that's ancient na. Dapat kasi dalhin na ang Zinger dito.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yeah, the adventure is my choice, too, for the budget. it's an older vehicle tho, but if your friend is ok with that, then adventure it is.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Oh, and as a testament to the Adventure's reputation of reliability, here's a post from a member of the Mitsubishi Adventure Club (MAC) regarding his experience:

just like to share with you that i used my wife's adventure to go to manila from davao last april. we used the eastern route, surigao, liloan, tacloban to allen then matnog, quezon, albay and finally lucena, batangas and the nice sprint through SLEX. the trip took 3 days and over 18000 pesos in gas,ferry and food/loding. road in latter half of the trip was very bad (after tacloban and before lucena)and i vowed never to take that route again. left the adventure with my friend for about 6 months in manila. finally, last nov.10, i decided to bring my wife's AUV home. this time, i took the western route, batangas to calipan then roxas mindoro, then katiclan, iloilo, bacolod dumaguete then finally, dapitan, ozamis and davao. the trip took 3 days but more relaxing due to 5 ferry rides and an average land trip of only about 2.5 hours. the longest land trip was from kolambogan, iligan, cagayan de oro and finally davao city which took 10 hours. cost is about 15,000. the so called nautical highway is a far better alternative route than the route we took last april. i'm happy to say too that my wife's adventure didn't break, didn't conk out in the middle of the road and it never even had a flat tire (emphasis supplied). fuel consumption was a high 13km/ltr to a poor 11.3km/ltr. last april, my best fuel mileage was 13km/ltr and the poorest mileage of 10km/ltr.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMO...

Now isn't a good time to buy a diesel AUV simply because most of the contenders are just too darn old.

The Innova is actually a good product, pity that am not 100% confident of their D4D engine though the VVTi variant looks safe. The refinement of the Innova's ride is a notch above the ancient underpinnings of the Adventure & Crosswind. Though I think that the Innova is overpriced by a bit as it is lacking a lot of features found in the other contenders.

Though watch out IF Kia sells here the Carens for under a million bucks!

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    If in case the Zinger won't be available in the country don't you think Mitsubishi might do it the Toyota way wherein their models Innova and Fortuner share the same platform as Hilux (and mitsubishi might use it's Strada Platform to the next Adventure and Montero Sport)? Just wondering...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Me and my pal have never been a fan of the 'newest' or the 'latest'. The Adventure's design may be old, but it's still a brand new unit fresh off the line. Not new-old-stock or ex-demo. He is looking for value for money, dependability, and ease of maintenance. Not cutting edge, and avantgarde.

The Adventure platform is of 1997 vintage. But so is my Pajero and no one's complaining. My rig is in better shape than some 3 year old cars I know.

How much does the Crosswind XT go for? Any current incentives? Is the equipment level at par with the Adventure GLS Sport? There's already an XUV (or was it XUVi?) in their compound. Sa isang aunt yata nila. Yun kasi pinangluwas niya ng Manila dati. Kaso parang overbudget na kapag ganung trim level.
    Last edited by OTEP; November 28th, 2006 at 03:33 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
HELP: Another AUV Comparo