New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    accdg sa otis...

altis S have skirts, sporty grilz, leather seats, spoiler, abs, single airbag wala lang sya ung autoclimate...

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by radiskull0415 View Post
    i also have the same dilemna pero cross out ko na civic kasi parang mahal tpos wala nman masyado accessories..

ok ba ung altis S? ano mas ok? G or S?
    The Altis 1.6S has drum rear brakes, driver-side airbag, cheesy-looking mags and body kit.

The 1.6G is better than the 1.6S.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Hello! I hope some people can still reply. Am comparing a Civic 1.8S and an Altis 1.8G. Both are A/T. Current prices are PHP 990K for the Altis and
    PHP 884K for the Civic.

Advantages for the 1.8G Altis:
    Catalytic converter, not sure if Civic has this
    Climate Control for A/C, manual for Civic
    Leather trim vs. fabric trim for Civic
    Power Seats for the Driver, not sure for the Civic
    Slightly more powerful engine at 145HP vs 140HP for the Civic

Advantages for the Civic:
    Lower price at 884K
    Bigger 205/55/16 tires vs 195/60/15 for the Altis
    6 disc CD Shuttle
    Sportier and more updated style

Both have disc brakes (front and back), both have ABS

Anybody care to comment on fuel efficiency, ride, handling, maintenance, warranty claims or dealer service? Thanks!

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    *hunkymarc:

The Civic 1.8V has no airbags or ABS.

But the Civic 1.8S has dual airbags, ABS and EBD. The only thing it doesn't have compared to the Toyota 1.8G is the auto-climate control, CD-Changer (which you can buy afterwards... or just buy an iPod with the money you have left-over...) and parking sensors (which you don't always need in cars this small).... and it's over 100,000 pesos cheaper than the Toyota 1.8.
    Ford Focus 2.0 hatchback

The car that Marcus Gronholm won this year's WRC in. and which won Ford the manufacturer's championship.

Actually a spiffed-up extremely modded version.

Sure it's 1.025M but you get an electric seat, electric tilt and slide moonroof, hatchback functionality (carry lots of cargo!) electric folding mirrors, etc. Plus Ford is giving quite a number of discounts and freebies.

The same could be said for the Mazda3 2.0R, 1.049M but they're giving a 100K discount and various other goodies. You get HID's with levelizers (so it's legal even in the US), the electric moonroof, etc. Also with lots of goodies.

Going lower, the Mazda3 1.6V has everything the Civic 1.8V has (except the nice engine...) and it has digital climate control. At 889K less 100K discount.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    For near 1M prices, i think you're better of with compact utility vehicles like Hyundai Tucson.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Went to Honda Pasig and looked at the Civic 1.8S. Cabin has lots of leg room.
    The rep quoted PHP 40K for leather seats. A catalytic converter daw is part of the exhaust system. Fuel consumption daw is 9-11 Kms/liter. Original fog lamps sets you back an additional PHP 14K. The boot looked small though. Am not sure if the Altis 1.8G has fog lamps built-in with its PHP 990K price tag. Price wise including leather seats and fog lamps, the Civic 1.8S still comes out cheaper than the Altis 1.8G by more than 50K. This does not include the additional PHP 10K discount.
    Overall, mukhang better deal ang Civic. Honda Pasig even has a 24hour check in facility for service.

The 2007 CR-V looked really nice but with a 2-3 month waiting time for the A/T variant.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The 1.8 does have a cat... just not sure if it has two, but it likely does, as it's part of the standard mechanical package, even on the 140 hp US version.

Fuel consumption has been confirmed to be pretty good both here and abroad. The pathetic results on one of the initial fuel economy runs was from using standard automatic variants in city traffic (the Civic AT is a traditional AT, not a CVT like the City uses).

The Altis 1.8G, as far as I know, has fog lamps and back up and front fender sensors.

Just make sure, if and when you buy, that you check the paint and trim thoroughly. If you're not satisfied with the paint, or find any flimsy or loose trim (or sticking windows), save yourself the hassle of fixing it and tell them you won't accept that particular unit. Better waiting an extra few days rather than having to go back and forth to fix minor niggles.

Oh, check the electricals and suspension, too. There's no word of electrical problems, but it pays to be careful.

And don't accept free tint. Buy yourself the good stuff (3M) and have it installed outside.

Congrats if you go ahead and buy... exciting mag car-shopping ngayon!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    What month ba usually release ng 2007 model (yung 07 ang engine)?

I am planning to give my self a bday gift 3 monthd from now by buying a 2007 1.8S Civic. Medyo 5 years na din sa akin yung luma kung Civic.

Usually yung magagandang model comes out in the last 2 years (like 04 & 05 or 09 & 10, etc di ba) but I can't wait na to get a new one.

I think I will go for the black one. Just add an original fog lamps and some accesories (ano ba masuggest niyo? - dual exhaust pipe, trunk tray, etc)...

Guys, pwede ba bilhin (or swap yung sa 2.0 na mags pagkuha ng 1.8S then add lang?)...Baduy ba ang dating ng ganun or trying hard ? waht do you think?

Thanks a lot

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    parang mas nalalakasan ako sa hatak ng 1.8G altis kaysa sa 1.8S ng civic, dahil narin ba siguro na DOHC ang 1.8G Altis at SOHC ang 1.8S Civic?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Electronic Throttle programming yun, atsaka gear ratios. The 1.8 Civic AT feels sluggish from a full stop, but it's an absolute cracker at higher speeds. The 1.8 Corolla is torquier at low speeds, but doesn't have the top-end punch of the Civic.

Yung 1.8 Civic Manual is a better match for the electronic throttle (kahit mahaba din yung gears ng kaunti), and it's much much faster.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
HELP!!! 2006 Civic 1.8S/V or 2006 Altis 1.6G