New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    go for the SUV. its big and up size, as a teen you can do all the stuff you want to do there without the need of going in to other place

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    mag toyota yaris ka na lang

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    i also have the same dilemna pero cross out ko na civic kasi parang mahal tpos wala nman masyado accessories..

ok ba ung altis S? ano mas ok? G or S?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    NIKY -
    But the Civic 1.8S has dual airbags, ABS and EBD. The only thing it doesn't have compared to the Toyota 1.8G is the auto-climate control, CD-Changer (which you can buy afterwards... or just buy an iPod with the money you have left-over...) and parking sensors (which you don't always need in cars this small).... and it's over 100,000 pesos cheaper than the Toyota 1.8.
    . . . the leather seats, driver's side power seats and the bird-poof proof paint! haha j/k.

radiskull -
    i also have the same dilemna pero cross out ko na civic kasi parang mahal tpos wala nman masyado accessories..

ok ba ung altis S? ano mas ok? G or S?
    baliktad yata! mas mahal yung Altis ng malaki. for the Altis S, 1.6 lang, no ABS, airbag, EBD yet almost the same price as the Civic 1.8 S.

between the Altis G and the S:

G has 1.8L engine, all leather, ABS, EBD, Airbags, pwer driver's seat, gate type shiter.

S - it's just an Altis J with body kits. the Corolla is mas mahal IMO (hehe though I own one, but I got it 3 years ago so that's a diff story)

5. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Wow, supportive yung thread na to, thanks for your comments and suggestion. Thanks guys for spending your time to help me out. I really appreciate it.

are these cars even in the same price range? alam ko po yung civic nasa high 700s to 800s, the Altis G is over 950 na.

– yung Altis na 1.8G malaki discount at least 50k or more, dami pa freebies.

But the Civic 1.8S has dual airbags, ABS and EBD. The only thing it doesn't have compared to the Toyota 1.8G is the auto-climate control, CD-Changer (which you can buy afterwards... or just buy an iPod with the money you have left-over...) and parking sensors (which you don't always need in cars this small).... and it's over 100,000 pesos cheaper than the Toyota 1.8.

Thanks, sobrang helpful eto. Yung site ng Honda Philippines, wala pang specs ng Civic.The sales agent in Honda never told me that those stuff where equipped sa 1.8S.wala ring display ng unit. Mukang bagong ahente lang.

As for the subcompact cars ( Vios, City, Jazz), hindi ko sila ganoon ka type. Mukang spaceship sa starwars yung Honda City, pakpak nalang kulang. Ang maganda lang sa City, it’s really roomy for a subcompact car. Yung Vios naman masikip (my friend drives a Vios 1.5G). Walang headroom (I’m 5’11),legroom yung backrow seat, pero matulin talaga para sa 1.5 (I drive an old 98 2.0 accord).

Anyway, I just need help with the decision making. Kasi most likely, mga 5 years ko eto magiging auto.

Exterior, boyishlook. sa interior, I guess I prefer a daddyish look(luxury).
    cheers

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    I suggest you wait a little bit more. the 2007's are just around the corner. Wait for the launch, schedule a test drive, then decide. Kung pangmatagalan ang hanap mo, I would be leaning more sa Toyota.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    If you can wait a bit longer, I suggest you wait for the all-new Altis. The current model is getting old, and I still can't get over with its relatively tall body. I've driven one like this and it felt solid. Ride is on the firm side but composed, unlike the previous Civic that's bouncy and unsettled.

I haven't tested the new Civic, but sitting on it, it's like driving a spaceship, with its digital speedometer. The dash is also very long, and I think its biggest flaw is the insanely drooping hood. You can never see the nose from the driver's seat, even if you stoop forward. Such design could possibly be an aerodynamic issue or a pedestrian safety concern, but it will take forever for you to do bumper-to-bumper with this thing.

Overall, I still might go for the Civic because it's certainly a more fun ride, but like I said, it's worth it to wait for the new Altis. At least you can have a better comparison and decide more properly, since your choices are one generation apart.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    hunkymarc,

It seems that you're more predisposed to compact cars, so let's limit the choices to those. You seem to have pegged the Altis 1.8G as your benchmark. The current model is in its final year, so at 990,000, it can't get any better than that. If you will nitpick what the Civic 1.8S lacks (in comparison), considering its price difference, then it seems you've already indicated your preference for the Toyota. Go get it.

Here's the list of the prices (with ABS/EBD only):

Honda Civic - my reco
    1.8S - 834,000 (5M/T), 864,000 (5A/T)
    2.0S - 932,000 (5M/T), 1,112,000 (5A/T)

Toyota Altis
    1.6S - 780,000 (5M/T), 816,000 (4A/T)
    1.6G - 854,000 (4A/T)
    1.8G - 990,000 (4A/T)

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Here are the specs of the Civic
    http://www.hondakal.com/civic_tech_specs.htm

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Get the Civic. Up to now we are satisfied with ours. Get the S variant for safety.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
HELP!!! 2006 Civic 1.8S/V or 2006 Altis 1.6G