New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by eljo3025 View Post
    If you're not too keen about features and stuff. Also, if the power of the Hi-Ace is enough for you, why not try the Grand Starex TCI GLS AT (10 seater) for 1.423M. To save money on your purchase price. It's the cheapest A/T van in the country.
    Or if you can want a CRDi VGT A?T 12-Seater Starex CVX with camera for 1.499M

http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/vi...+engine+vs+tci

IMO overpriced yung Hiace for that engine. Mabuti na yung GS and if money is not an issue nga, Alphard.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Tagal na pala neto, nakakuha na ba si TS?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    hi guys! just wanted to ask which is cheaper to maintain? the super grandia or grand starex VGT? thanks!

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    Tagal na pala neto, nakakuha na ba si TS?
    Getting the 10 seater VGT A/T from HARI official channel.

Di talaga namin nagustuhan yung Hiace e.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Ah nag GLS A/T CRDI ka nalang na Grand Starex?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Yeah. I felt the Hiace was underpowered especially since we wanted to get an A/T this time.

Tsaka driving an M/T van is quite cumbersome lalo kapag hindi driver yung magddrive.

Did not consider the TCI Starex due to bad experiences by my friend with the TCI (previous gen starex though. But we'd like to have GOOD experiences ONLY with our first korean car hehe)

Spacewise, the Starex over the Hiace.

Plus, Hubcaps on a 1.7m hiace A/T. Grabe iba na yan. Alloys nalang kahit panget pa (GS, looking at you).

We were also able to get discounts from hyundai that brought the price difference to over 80k in favor of the Starex.

Di na natuloy yung ibang options due to the lack of space.

Given everything aside from the toyota badge, not sure what would have convinced us (me) to get the hiace over the starex hehehe.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    IMO overpriced yung Hiace for that engine.
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    Yeah. I felt the Hiace was underpowered especially since we wanted to get an A/T this time.

Given everything aside from the toyota badge, not sure what would have convinced us (me) to get the hiace over the starex hehehe.
    Isipin mo Innova engine for a heavier body na Hiace.

Hmm okay naman Toyota kaso medyo boring ang design ng exterior, especially the interior compared sa competitors.

Kung maganda naman exterior at interior ng Toyota sobrang mahal naman. LC, Prado, Previa and Alphard.

If I were to buy a Toyota though, the Corolla Altis 1.6G A/T or Camry 2.4G A/T are my favorites.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    If I were to buy a Toyota though, the Corolla Altis 1.6G A/T or Camry 2.4G A/T are my favorites.
    Slightly OT na pero at around the same price, the base Sonata model beckons

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Base na base, Camry 2.4G

Diba walang immobilizer yun at walang leather seats?

Parang hindi midsize sedan. Haha

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Base na base, Camry 2.4G

Diba walang immobilizer yun at walang leather seats?

Parang hindi midsize sedan. Haha
    Basta kasi sa akin, basta hindi yung foam mismo yung inuupuan ko okay na. Tapos kahit once na-carjack-an na kami, di pa rin namin ma-appreciate ang immobilizer as an added cost. Weird.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Grand Starex vs Hi Ace vs Previa/Alphard