New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    I think in terms of operation and maintenance costs, the Innova would be at an advantage.

Size, loading capacity, ride comfort would go to the Grand Starex.

Got a few Q's:
    Will you always be ferrying the 6-7 family members? What's the composition of these 6-7 folks -- mainly adults? some kids? yayas? how about cargo? how else do you plan to use the vehicle?
    Hi sir IMm29
    we have 2 cars, 1 for my wife and for me. medyo masikip na kasi sa car. me, wife, 2yo son, 1 on the way, 1 yaya. sometimes weekend getaway with my parents. parang sa gamit pa lang, stroller etc puno na cargo space hehe. I want sana GS because of its size, saktong sakto din pag sundo or hatid sa airport, worry ko lang yung maintenance baka mahirapan lalo pa manganganak yung wife ko.

anybody can give output sa PMS ng GS TCI vs Innova G, example 1k, 5k, 10k PMS. kung konteng difference lang naman baka pwedeng lumusot sa budget hehe

one more we plan to use the car for 5-10 years, ano kya mas reliable sa ganitong katagal.

thanks!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    main advantage ng innova dito is fuel consumption. kung 7 pax max lang naman ok na siguro innova. mas sulit lang talaga grand starex dahil sa space nya.
    Last edited by lui; July 4th, 2012 at 05:18 PM. Reason: typo error

3. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by lui View Post
    main advantage ng innova dito is fuel consumption. kung 7 pax max lang naman ok na siguro innova. mas sulit lang talaga grand starex dahil sa space nya.
    eto talaga yung nakakalito eh yung space ng GS. hindi mo mabibili sa banawe yung space na yun hehe

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Masikip ang 3rd row ng Innova lalo when you are ferrying people taller than 5 feet.

Kapag bata, ok pa. Kapag matanda na, go do them a favor and get the GS.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If space is a requirement, GS hands down.

*moxymox,
    Since you have a day-to-day car, I suggest you get the GS. When the wife and I were starting out with just 1 baby, I used to drive the car in my avatar (a '02 Toyota Camry). Buti malapad, pwede yung child seat na hindi naman sobrang cramped yung nasa magkabilang gilid. So eventually, we used the Prado more when we'd visit the grandfolks. Then the kids became 2. So did the yayas. And the gear. So the 7 seater capacity of the Prado became 5 seater + trunk space.

In your case, since you bring the grandparents with you on getaways, in the Innova it'll be 2 adults in front, 3 adults ng 2nd row kandong ang 2 bata, and cargo space. Or at worse, it'll be 2 + 2 (with kids) + 1 yaya 3rd row. Luggage with the yaya in the 3rd row, and in the available space behind it. In the GS, I'm not sure if the TCi unit has the sliding or bolted last row, but you'll definitely have room for 9 adults AND cargo space. You and your dad can be in front, your wife, baby, elder kid and your mom in the 2nd row. And the yaya can enjoy the 3rd row. Hehehe!

And there's the airport angle pa pala....

In terms of maintenance, it's NOT a CRDi engine, so that's about 6 Liters of oil vs 8 L kung CRDi. Comparable to the Innova's i think.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Importante pala sayo yung space. Sobrang sakto lang ang Innova para sayo. Besides, the ride quality of the Innova is just so-so. 3rd row space is actually more cramped than the old Revo.

Kuha ka nalang ng Starex. Old school diesel means lower maintenance costs and lesser electronics to get worried with. You can install some light mods to improve power and fuel efficiency if you want.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Grand Starex TCI (M) or Toyota Innova G (M)