New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Yung Mazda 3 ko 5 years na this december. Kailangan mo lang bumwelo kapag mag oovertake ka pero sa highway lumalaban (Maximum speed I attained was 160 kph) naman sa iba. Just recently changed the fuel from shell unleaded to petron xcs gas consumption went down (or up?) from 7.5 km/l to 9.0 km/l. Regarding the looks mas gusto ko pa din tignan kesa altis and civic. Except for the usual pms ang napalitan palang eh brake pads sa likod tsaka shocks sa harap.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jimnyeatworld View Post
    depende yan talaga sa pagkatao mo, r u platonic?
    [SIZE="4"]REMINDER: do not post messages in SMS/TXT shortcut format.

Read the RULES.

Ignorance is NOT an excuse.

Repeated offenses will lead to banning.
    [/SIZE]

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Chito View Post
    Yung Mazda 3 ko 5 years na this december. Kailangan mo lang bumwelo kapag mag oovertake ka pero sa highway lumalaban (Maximum speed I attained was 160 kph) naman sa iba. Just recently changed the fuel from shell unleaded to petron xcs gas consumption went down (or up?) from 7.5 km/l to 9.0 km/l. Regarding the looks mas gusto ko pa din tignan kesa altis and civic. Except for the usual pms ang napalitan palang eh brake pads sa likod tsaka shocks sa harap.
    +1 on this. sa looks kahit yung mga 2005 models hindi pa rin pahuhuli sa sa mga bagong modelo ng Altis atbp. pati yung pinsan ng MZ3 yung Focus, hindi pa rin pahuhuli sa design.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I'd definitely pick engine reliability over looks. The engine directly affects how you feel about your car. The exterior is for others to look only. You don't spend hours staring at your car, do you? Nor do you sit outside the car. For me, engine performance and reliability comes first, followed by a safe and sturdy body structure, then a nice looking and comfortable interior, after which comes external looks.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Well, if you choose looks, over reliability, you'll have plenty of time appreciating the beauty of the car

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    why pick one when you can now have both? nowadays, cars are good looking with a great engine under their hoods. so i'd go for both, or at least the best combi i can afford.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    no matter what we want in terms of looks... or even performance... it will always be a compromise... i have yet to see a car buyer na na-meet ang requirements niya sa oto in all aspects 100%... nor have i seen anyone who will overlook everything relating to reliability just because of the looks, or overlook the car's form and only focus on the makina...

actually, more than engine reliability and looks, functionality and utility ang unang tinitignan ng ibang car buyers... gaya ko... hehe

when i and my wife bought our first brand new car, we first asked what our requirements are... nung may list na kami ng mga kotse na nakameet ng requirements namin, bago lang kami tumingin sa looks, after the looks, vinavalidate namin sa budget kung kaya namin... kung hindi naman kaya, go to the next car in the list...

other people's ways maybe different though...

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Ah yes, cars like the Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2ReVGT comes to mind. Mind boggling performance with the potential to easily unlock even more, great fuel economy to go with the excellent performance, comfortable ride with sharp handling, and the extra benefits of higher ground clearance and bigger space and seating capacity. Along with reasonable pricing, what else can one ask for?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Aanhin mo ang looks kung hindi tumatakbo or puro tirik ang kotse mo ? :hysterical:

So engine reliability for me.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Ah yes, cars like the Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2ReVGT comes to mind. Mind boggling performance with the potential to easily unlock even more, great fuel economy to go with the excellent performance, comfortable ride with sharp handling, and the extra benefits of higher ground clearance and bigger space and seating capacity. Along with reasonable pricing, what else can one ask for?
    a santa fe that you can drive ANYWHERE!!!! hehehehehe...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Good Looks or Engine Reliabilty?