New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Hi

Pag bumibili kayo ng car ano priority nyo?

Kasi dami magaganda kotse ngayon. Sa first year dami bibili pero after 5 years konti na lang sa kalsada. Case in point: Tucson first generation.

Car companies invest million dollars sa design pero di ba mas important ang makina?

Kasi bihira naman kotse reliable engine at maganda looks. Civic, Jazz, City and Lancer lang naiisip ko.

Toyota sayang nawala na quality sa engine. Jurassic na nga itsura puro problem pa sa makina.

Mazda 3 ok looks pero engine umuubo sa bagal.

Im excited sa new ford fiesta. I hope quality pa rin engine after 5 years. Para may kalaban na jazz para wala ng price increase na paborito gawin ng honda.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Batang Regla View Post
    Car companies invest million dollars sa design pero di ba mas important ang makina?
    do you mean their investment on the exterior design is more than for their engine?

i see the frustration on the mazda3 1.6L. speed is relative, but relative to other cars at the stoplight, you've noticed its shortcomings. you get a heavy car but tougher metal.

have a lot of gen1 tucsons broken down?

honda has established its brand and that gives it some quirks in pricing and other aspects

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Batang Regla View Post
    Hi

Pag bumibili kayo ng car ano priority nyo?

Kasi dami magaganda kotse ngayon. Sa first year dami bibili pero after 5 years konti na lang sa kalsada. Case in point: Tucson first generation.

Kasi bihira naman kotse reliable engine at maganda looks. Civic, Jazz, City and Lancer lang naiisip ko.

Toyota sayang nawala na quality sa engine. Jurassic na nga itsura puro problem pa sa makina.

Mazda 3 ok looks pero engine umuubo sa bagal.

Im excited sa new ford fiesta. I hope quality pa rin engine after 5 years. Para may kalaban na jazz para wala ng price increase na paborito gawin ng honda.
    Often times the problem is not the car manufacturer but the market where the car is sold in.

Example: Mazda3

The locally available Mazda3 comes in two variants, 1.6L and 2.0L, both automatic. In other countries, there are manual versions as well as a 2.3L turbo variant.

So definitely this car is not slow. It is just that our local market tends to prefer automatic and more fuel efficient cars over performance.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Our market demands small engines for fuel efficiency, and automatics for convenience. The two don't mix. The Mazda3 1.6 is not a gas-guzzling engine per se... but it's in a heavy car mated to an automatic transmission. Just ask owners of automatic-equipped Honda Jazzes and Hyundai i10s how that's going for them. I know guys with these cars who get excellent highway economy compared to older cars... but in traffic, weight and transmission play a big role in economy.

-

How do you define engine reliability? How do you say one engine is more reliable than others? How can you say a Hyundai's engine reliability is bad unless you do a survey of owners across all makes and get actual numbers as to how long their engines last and how good or bad reliability is?

Because I know people who have 150-200k on their Hyundais with no problem. (Hey... one guy here even had 300k on his Matrix... got a smoke belching problem... but only after the car got "Ondoy'd"). I also know people who have 200k on their Japanese cars with no problems.

Getting 200-300k kilometers out of any new engine is possible with the proper maintenance. Given that many people skip and forget proper maintenance after 100k kilometers, and that cars get sold before then, it's hard to pinpoint which cars are breaking down early due to negligence or due to design flaws.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    ^
    For me definition ng engine reliabilty kung makikita mo pa sa kalsada after bumenta ng madami sa first year.

Yung example ko mga cars ang price range 1.5 million below. Middle-class car.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    to me, price is number one. function is a close second. creature space is a near third. and how the car looks is a very far fourth.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    build quality and image kasi are what wins it for me... 3rd lang talaga cost kasi pag bibili ako kotse mapa 2nd hand man or b/n i see to it na may sosobra sa budget, mahirap din kasi yung pirming saktuhan lang or may utang pa.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    engine reliability over looks... saves you lots of hassle and repair time

9. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    build quality of engine syempre.

pero naiisip ko, nasa maintenance talaga iyan eh.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    depende yan talaga sa pagkatao mo, r u platonic?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Good Looks or Engine Reliabilty?