New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    ang alam kong semi-auto eh yung mga riple .. hehe ..

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by the_wildthing
    Ano yung semi automatic?
    eto yata yung baril na hindi mo na kailangang ikasa after every putok.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    what happens kung nagkamali ka na apakan yung clutch sa 1st or 2nd gear using a semi automatic vehicle??

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    what clutch??

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict
    Trust me, the 4-speed Automatics with Manual over-ride in the Mazda 2.0 and Ford Focus 2.0 shift as slow as molasses. Imagine yourself wanting to overtake a car at about 80kph. You move the lever over to switch to manual mode and 'downshift' while pressing the gas at the same time. Instead of it choosing the gear quickly, it waits and waits (about 2 seconds and thats like an ETERNITY when you want to overtake) before downshifting. Instead of fun its frustrating as hell. 2 seconds delay can mean the difference between a successful overtaking manuever or an aborted attempt.

well not entirely true, 2 secs is a long time, more about 0.5 sec or less for my 3 but not ALWAYS instantaneous, ive noticed this depends on the fuel im using whether shell, caltex or petron

with the 3, you can overtake most cars naman by just using the auto mode
    within 60 to 120kph, sayang nga lang if the 3 was coupled with the city's instantaneous shifting...

but is the city's M mode shifting flawless? i mean sa 3 sometimes kagat agad sometimes may lag (probably also depends on the slope of the road) but i can attest that fuel quality affects this one

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by gwapito69
    semi automatic yung kalahati automatic pero pagdating mo sa 3rd gear tatapak ka na sa clutch para magshift.
    BravoExo sabi kasi (from the quote) aapakan ang clutch pagdating ng 3rd gear, kaya nagtatanong ako kung anong mangyayari pag naapakan mo yung clutch sa unang kalahati w/c i assumed 1st or second gear. sensya na ha di pa ako nakakapag-drive ng semi A/T eh hehehehe
    Last edited by jim; January 30th, 2006 at 05:48 PM.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Feeling ko nga yung delay na sinasabi nila na 2 secs. is because of the shifting at the wrong RPM range.... kasi, since I use the activematic 100% of the time, I know now when and where to down and upshift ideally for the situation, be it to overtake, to hillclimb, or to turn a curve agressively or not... very instantaneous na siya... just like if I had a clutch I would need to step on, remove from one gear and shift it to the next... kaso sa mazda3... I can do all that with my pinkie. (Sa focus, dehins, mababali daliri mo doon, kamao talaga kailangan doon.)

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jim
    BravoExo sabi kasi (from the quote) aapakan ang clutch pagdating ng 3rd gear, kaya nagtatanong ako kung anong mangyayari pag naapakan mo yung clutch sa unang kalahati w/c i assumed 1st or second gear. sensya na ha di pa ako nakakapag-drive ng semi A/T eh hehehehe
    I believe mali nga yun. When you say semi A/T eh, AT talaga siya, with some hint of manual transmission... not the other way around. Unless mali din ako

9. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by junpoltech
    If you were to buy a new car w/ a semi-automatic transmission, w/in the 500k-1M bracket, what car would you choose? (considering also economy, style)

Mitsubishi Lancer 1.6 (GLS & MX) & 1.8 (MX Limited)
    Honda City/Jazz CVT (DSi and VTEC)
    Mazda3 (S,V,R)
    Ford Focus (1.8 & 2.0 Sport)

I would choose the Focus 2.0 Sport.

Any other opinions out there??
    I'm curious, among the 3 hatches (Jazz, Mazda3, Focus), sino may pinakamalaki and useful cargo space? Yung Jazz pinakamaliit but parang ok yung boot shape. Sa Focus, since sloping down yung rear, parang di ganun ka laki.

What do you think guys?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Jazz has the biggest space, supposedly, with the seats down, pero mas malaki yata yung boot opening ng Mazda3. The Focus hatch didn't impress me with its space when I looked at it, pero I guess it's okay. I'd judge it as Mazda>Focus>Jazz (with the seats still in their upright position), bu Jazz>Mazda&Focus with the seats folded.

Take note, though, that the Focus and Mazda are much wider than the Jazz.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Getting a new car w/ Semi-automatic transmission.