New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    Lc200 . By far. I own one and its a hell of a car. First and second rows are really spacious. Diesel is torquey. Tall ride. Macho stance. And its got a lot of presence. This one will last a long time. Its built like a tank. And resale value is very high.

I find it easy to drive and i actually can compare it to my ford explorer. While the explorer has more toys it gets its ass whooped by the lc200 on fuel consumption. The lc200 feels quicker in regular city driving because of that big v8 torque. For partial throttle occasions and driving, the LC200 pwns.

You dont buy these cars for speed thats for sure. Theyre built for effortless cruising. A relaxing drive. A stately drive.

The grey market LC200s are fully loaded and thats what i got. Nice mags, android ten inch head unit, monitors, etc.

Im actually hoping to buy another one soon but the VXTD version

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    That's true. I guess the LC200 isn't for me, but it serves its purpose well for others. I used the LC in twisty roads in Bicol where it really doesn't shine, and I guess that left a bad taste in my mouth. In hindsight though, it's a really great car if you use it for what it's intended to do - cruise the land.

The 4x4 system is superb. Went through a bit of rockies and shallow water and you wouldn't feel a thing from the inside, despite the huge 20" rims. The torquey engine isn't gonna give you great 0-100 times (I think around 10s from my rough estimate), but it will never feel lacking (even if you fill the car with cargo and 7 people). It's more locomotive than rocket ship - it just keeps on going and going.

The heft takes some getting used to when you're in narrow roads. I already find my Ranger a hassle to maneuver but this is a whole new level of large. Not that it's undriveable, but it's noticeably more difficult than with a smaller Fortuner/Montero, and even moreso when compared to sedans/CUVs. Haven't driven anything else of this size but I would assume that all full-size SUVs suffer from this inconvenience as well.

One thing I didn't like about the grey market version is the head unit. Sure it's so high tech that you can even install Viber, but it's so slow and clunky. A simpler, straighforward touch screen HU would be better IMO - something where you can easily access the radio and bluetooth pairing, which are arguably the most used HU features today.

Overall, I think anyone buying an LC should be sure that he wants a land yacht. It has its pros and cons, and it's a completely different drive compared to a similarly priced European compact SUV. If I had the money I would get a BMW X3 20d, not because the LC200 isn't a nice car, but I enjoyed driving the bimmer more since I want something more agile and youthful.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Two questions:

1. How much is the X3 and the X5 compared to the LC200? I'm not-updated on the pricing of the newer models kasi but those models I saw at MIAS sure caught my eye.

2. How much are the avg. resale value of older Land Cruisers like the LC80 and 100?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    entry level x3 is around 3.6M and entry level x5 around 6.5M. i have both lc200 grey market and explorer, honestly i'll choose the explorer over the lc any day. the lc feels more powerful but run it side by side and the lc gets left behind. plus the explorer has a more comfortable ride and handles much much better. the only advantage of the lc is the off-road capability, fc and it's size besides that the explorer is better in my opinion.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    entry level x3 is around 3.6M and entry level x5 around 6.5M. i have both lc200 grey market and explorer, honestly i'll choose the explorer over the lc any day. the lc feels more powerful but run it side by side and the lc gets left behind. plus the explorer has a more comfortable ride and handles much much better. the only advantage of the lc is the off-road capability, fc and it's size besides that the explorer is better in my opinion.
    Exterior wise the LC is bigger, what about interior space? Explorer seems bigger inside

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by glntVR View Post
    Exterior wise the LC is bigger, what about interior space? Explorer seems bigger inside
    lc is still bigger on the inside but it has it's positives and negatives against the explorer.

front row i'd say the lc is bigger. second row the lc is also bigger but if you're only going to seat 2 people on the second row the explorer would be more comfortable since it has more legroom but if 3 people will seat the lc will be a better choice since it's wider. 3rd row they're about the same. luggage space the lc wins hands down, but the seats on the explorer is more comfortable. although the explorer feels smaller on the inside i also feel much safer since the explorer has thicker interior which probably will be harder to damage incase of an accident compared to the lc.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    Sir you mentioned you have lc200 grey market, where does it have a warranty? Sorry for OT

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    LC200 din ako between the 3 choices ni TS.

Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    That's true. I guess the LC200 isn't for me, but it serves its purpose well for others. I used the LC in twisty roads in Bicol where it really doesn't shine, and I guess that left a bad taste in my mouth. In hindsight though, it's a really great car if you use it for what it's intended to do - cruise the land.

The 4x4 system is superb. Went through a bit of rockies and shallow water and you wouldn't feel a thing from the inside, despite the huge 20" rims. The torquey engine isn't gonna give you great 0-100 times (I think around 10s from my rough estimate), but it will never feel lacking (even if you fill the car with cargo and 7 people). It's more locomotive than rocket ship - it just keeps on going and going.

The heft takes some getting used to when you're in narrow roads. I already find my Ranger a hassle to maneuver but this is a whole new level of large. Not that it's undriveable, but it's noticeably more difficult than with a smaller Fortuner/Montero, and even moreso when compared to sedans/CUVs. Haven't driven anything else of this size but I would assume that all full-size SUVs suffer from this inconvenience as well.

One thing I didn't like about the grey market version is the head unit. Sure it's so high tech that you can even install Viber, but it's so slow and clunky. A simpler, straighforward touch screen HU would be better IMO - something where you can easily access the radio and bluetooth pairing, which are arguably the most used HU features today.

Overall, I think anyone buying an LC should be sure that he wants a land yacht. It has its pros and cons, and it's a completely different drive compared to a similarly priced European compact SUV. If I had the money I would get a BMW X3 20d, not because the LC200 isn't a nice car, but I enjoyed driving the bimmer more since I want something more agile and youthful.
    +100 on that.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    For something around 7M, how about a Range Rover or Audi Q7? For less than 5M, you can get the VW version of the Audi Q7, the VW Touareg TDI. I guess the only 4x4 full size SUV for less than 4M is the Ford Expedition EL.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    Two questions:

2. How much are the avg. resale value of older Land Cruisers like the LC80 and 100?
    I see some 20 year old LC 80 still in the millions(or close to it) as long as its well kept and not those converted units from Subic and Cagayan.

Browsing Sulit, the local version LC80 (96-97 Diesel) is still selling for around P1-1.4 million. The ones that come from Subic typically sells for half or less than the local counterparts.
    Last edited by ronw123w124; October 15th, 2014 at 11:29 AM.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    For something around 7M, how about a Range Rover or Audi Q7? For less than 5M, you can get the VW version of the Audi Q7, the VW Touareg TDI.
    Or Porsches' "sporty spice" ........ the Cayenne .........

+1

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Full size SUV