New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Go for gas variant na lang ng fort, mahal maintenance ng Diesel from maintaining diesel 08 sta fe and 09 Montero sport.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mqavila View Post
    It's computed at 8km/l whether gas or diesel so diesel wins every time. However, my maintenance allowance remains constant as well, whether gas or diesel so if diesel upkeep is more expensive, it kinda evens out in the end. That's ASSUMING diesel upkeep is greater then gas upkeep. Is it?
    In the first 100,000kms to 150,000kms, the diesel upkeep is pretty much the same unless you run into problems with your fuel system. Change oil, change filters, and you don't have any spark plugs to replace in a diesel.

There's a thread somewhere here on overall maintenance, where some owners posted their average cost per km (FC + PMS); I don't know if anyone posted a D4d versus VVTi comparo though.

Re. the D4d maintenance, we have several in the garage (Hiace and a few Innovas) and they're still pretty straightforward. I'd believe the maintenance costs of Mitsu and Hyundai are more expensive than Toyota based on what i've been reading and encountering (at least with our Hyundai Tucson versus our Toyota CASA serviced cars; wala na kaming Mitsu right now). We had one Innova which had the D4d problems but it was just eventually sold and replaced with another Innova diesel. If there's one thing i don't like much about the D4d Innova is that it feels quite slow/sluggish due to it's gearing (most likely) when i drive it on the highway. I feel that our Hiace Grandia and the Fortuner 2.5 D of my sister has better power delivery.
    Last edited by vinj; April 23rd, 2013 at 09:26 AM.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Incidentally, can anyone confirm if the 2013 Fortuner VVTi variant comes with a touchscreen head unit and how much it would cost to activate the GPS? On the other hand, how much would it cost to upgrade the Innova's head unit to a touchscreen GPS head unit?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^Nagpa-quote kami for the office earlier this year and the touchscreen wasn't available on the VVTi variant. We ended up with two Monty Sport units.

On a side note, I used the Monty to Pampanga yesterday and i could not help but notice that the A/C was kinda on the weak side.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Is the Fortuner G VVti AT a 4x4 variant?

If it is ... dun ako.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    Is the Fortuner G VVti AT a 4x4 variant?

If it is ... dun ako.
    The VVTi is a 2.7 4x2. The 4x4 only comes in the 3.0L variant

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    The VVTi is a 2.7 4x2. The 4x4 only comes in the 3.0L variant
    Primo, is the 3.0L gas or diesel? I wonder what the 2015 Fortuner looks like .... hehe

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    ^Nagpa-quote kami for the office earlier this year and the touchscreen wasn't available on the VVTi variant. We ended up with two Monty Sport units.

On a side note, I used the Monty to Pampanga yesterday and i could not help but notice that the A/C was kinda on the weak side.
    napansin ko lang sa MS, hindi comfy yung 2nd row seat

Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    Primo, is the 3.0L gas or diesel? I wonder what the 2015 Fortuner looks like .... hehe
    diesel

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^Diesel pards.

Toyota told us the new Innova would be out in 2014. One thing i hope is they also up the engines and transmissions on the new Fort.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mqavila View Post
    Incidentally, can anyone confirm if the 2013 Fortuner VVTi variant comes with a touchscreen head unit and how much it would cost to activate the GPS? On the other hand, how much would it cost to upgrade the Innova's head unit to a touchscreen GPS head unit?

china brand touchscreen 2din HU GPS unit cost around 12k.