New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mqavila View Post
    Is the suspension really better now? I wouldn't want third row passengers throwing up over my leather seats.
    Depends kung mataas tolerance nila sa tagtag, sir.

It's better, yes, pero nandiyan pa rin.

If ever naman may sakay yun 3rd row, magkakaron ng occupants yung first and second. So because of the weight, somehow mareduce pa yun tagtag making it much more tolerable dun sa mga nasa likod.

Wag lang siguro yun tipong isa driver then yun passenger na nagiisa nasa 3rd row :-)

Sent from my 3210 using Tapatalk HD Premium

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Family car/fuel economy/easier maintenance- Innova
    High clearance/better on off-road/Looks (dating)/prestige- fortuner

Ride comfort halos pareho

3. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Is the suspension really better now? I wouldn't want third row passengers throwing up over my leather seats.
    Comfort IMO is subjective. It think it depends on your current ride. How comfortable is your current ride compared to Fort?

Another thing to be concerned of, is the 3rd row space. The last time we checked this car (couple of months back), para masikip. And we are not even tall.

Suggest you bring your family to a Toyota dealer, let them sit on the third row of both vehicles and ask them what they think

Good luck TS

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Fortuner is a better choice. specially if your the one driving the unit, plus the resale value is a little bit better than the Innova.
    but for almost the same price as the fortuner G vvti you could get a Montero sport gls non-vgt diesel which will give better fuel consumption and a better ride comfort.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    had both.

if you have money for gas, its the Fortuner. if you want to sacrifice looks and looking at an all around practicality, its the Innova.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Im a big fan of fort.. though I also drive Innova E... depende nalang sa lakad kung ano dapat gamitin. pero laging tipid talaga sa Gas ng innova..

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Better than previous. Not yet at Montero Sport level (which is also still somewhat bumpy for someone coming from a car) but puwede na.

-

The Innova, I also find stiff... but newer "Sport" variants come with wider, lower-profile Yokohama A-Drive tires rather than the A-Specs, and those have a much softer ride than the truck-ish old tires.

Note: There are no car tires that will fit the Fort. The stock Dueler HTs suck arse, but if you upgrade to Dueler HLs, that might also increase ride comfort a little more.

-

I'd go for the 2.5 rather than the gasser, though.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I wish I could afford the diesel variant of the Fort but that's an additional P120,000 more. My budget can only reach for the Fort gas variant at the most...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Fort vvti user here for almost 5 yrs now, gas consumption is 7kpl mixed, 7.4 actually on MID, no breakdowns, just follow pms, no worry on dirty fuel, no EGR cleaning, no vibration, very quiet (useful when you go home late wife wouldn't notice you, hehe), very smooth to drive, smoke smells fine not like diesel smells awful especially during warming up smoke might get into your living room coming from garage, and its fast enough.

Is the 8kpl computed in gas? Then if you choose diesel they will compute it in diesel if its so, choose gas.

Re tagtag for me NO its not, maybe I got use to it or because I'm an offroader... hehe

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow3616931 View Post
    Is the 8kpl computed in gas? Then if you choose diesel they will compute it in diesel if its so, choose gas.

It's computed at 8km/l whether gas or diesel so diesel wins every time. However, my maintenance allowance remains constant as well, whether gas or diesel so if diesel upkeep is more expensive, it kinda evens out in the end. That's ASSUMING diesel upkeep is greater then gas upkeep. Is it?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast