New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If you don't need the extra ground clearance, go for the more car-like Grandis.

Fortuner 2.7G
    Max hp: 160 PS * 5,200 rpm
    Max Torque: 241 Nm * 3,800 rpm
    Transmission: 4-speed A/T with ECT
    Curb weight: 1735 kg (3817 lb)

Grandis 2.4 MIVEC
    Max hp: 165 PS * 6,000 rpm
    Max Torque: 217 Nm * 4,000 rpm
    Transmission: 4-speed A/T INVECS-II with Sportronic
    Curb weight: 1625 kg (3575 lb)

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    salamat so much for replying everybody!!! medyo nahirapan na naman kami pumili ng wife ko yesterday took a test drive at toyota manila bay.... dun lang kami nag test sa compound nila... di namin nafeel kung matagtag talaga fort kasi bagal lang ng takbo namin. anyone here nakapag set up ng grandis? like as in yung nakaporma with bigger rims & tires, audio-video system? meron kasi ako nakita last year sa malaysia na naka set up... ganda e! bukas naka-schedule naman kami for test drive ng grandis hopefully next week makapagdecide na kami.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Karayaan yun... you should be able to test-drive on the road, as that's where you'll be doing most of your driving. Other manufacturers will let you do so. The fact that most Toyota dealers won't let you test drive the Fort very far means they know about the "tagtag" problem.

Heck, even Isuzu Alabang will let you take their vehicles out on the road... although I heard they "finessed" the rear leaf springs of their D-Max tester...

Hyundai Binan let me take the vehicle five or six kilometers out on provincial roads simply because they were confident in the vehicle's abilities.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Choosing between the two for me [SIZE="5"]FORTUNER[/SIZE] na Better looks and Macho effect kaya ito na gusto ng Wife ko finally

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    When I first saw the Grandis back in 2004, I really liked the vehicle based on appearance alone. I proceeded to inspect the interiors. The dash is quite massive (the same feeling as a FD Civic), which could make manuevering in tight spots awkward and difficult. Somebody once commented to me that a black Grandis looks like a hearse from afar.

Re: third row seating space.

I think that the Fortuner is better in this aspect. I think this is one of the strength of Toyota IMV (Fortuner and Innova).

I tried the one on the Grandis. Floor is quite high so the seating is as uncomfortable as that in the third row of a 2nd Gen. CRV.

6. Join Date
    May 2004
    Grandis, kung walang 7 seater na Outie ay malamang ito ang nabili ko.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    engr. bong,

I recently purchased a Grandis last May at the discounted price, inclusive of insurance. Before I purchased the Grandis, I test drove a Fortuner, Innova and Starex. Ultimately, my final selection boiled down to the Innova and the Grandis. I test drove the Fortuner, and I found the ride bumpy and the 3rd row seats cramped and difficult to set up. The Fortuner also has one aircon vent at the back. I was initially attracted by the Fortuner because of its looks, but looks can be deceiving. I was looking for a family van and since my wife would drive it most of the time, the Fortuner was not a good choice. The high ride height, the single aircon vent at the back, the bumpy ride, the difficult 3rd row seats (a la Innova) are features that turned us off. I have heard of quite a number of people selling their Fortuners after a year. Ultimately, our selection was decided by what we needed (not what I think I wanted!) and the features offered by the vehicle. The Grandis is a good fit for us. The Previa and Town&Country were ok too but are very expensive.

I like the comfortable ride of the Grandis, easy stow-away 3rd row seats, and leather upholstery. It's also fast! I like the sporty shape of the van too. Most of all, I like it because it drives like a car. Driver visibility is good with no blind spots. The van I replaced is a Carnival.

Some improvements though:
    The Grandis' stereo head could have been better. I wish it had a double width stereo head with an iPOD port and disc changer (just like the Civic). There were other features I wish it had too like a separate central lock button, speed sensing door locks and electronically adjustable seats. I also wish the driver's window had a switch that could automatically bring up the window, a basic requirement Mitsu missed out on(one click to lower the window but not to bring it back up). Just in case you wonder why I look for these features, I drive a Cefiro.

Gasoline consumption is approx. 6 Kms/liter city driving. I use 93 Octane, unleaded. Ground clearance is ok and we have not scraped the bottom but you do have to be a little careful because of the overhang.

Overall, it's a good ride, my wife likes it and my three kids all fit fine.
    I hope this helps.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ecport
    There were other features I wish it had too like a separate central lock button, speed sensing door locks and electronically adjustable seats. I also wish the driver's window had a switch that could automatically bring up the window, a basic requirement Mitsu missed out on(one click to lower the window but not to bring it back up). Just in case you wonder why I look for these features, I drive a Cefiro.
    I think all Mitsu vehicles doesn't have a one-touch power window roll up button, only one-touch down. The speed sensing door locks can be had by installing an after market alarm that have this feature.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I go for the grandis, It really handles very well, downside for me is its in gas models only. But there is the fuzion and strada (i love. hehe). The 4X2 is a bit lame. If you're buying fortuner, go for the 3.0D4D a/t (white please).

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    salamat uli for the inputs guys! keep them coming....

di kami natuloy sa test drive namin sa citimotors e. wala pa daw available na unit

i'm just thinking... hanap kaya ako ng mga buy & sell cars na merong unit na fortuner & grandis tapos ask ko kung pwede ko sila i-test drive. para sa isang klase ng road ko lang sila ma-test. pwede kaya yun? may alam ba kayo kung saan pwede? thanks uli

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
fortuner 2.7G or Grandis?