[SIZE=3]good day... [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]i'm planning to buy a toyota fortuner... . [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]any suggestions?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]which is a good buy the 2.5d4d or 2.7vvt-i?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]pros and cons please?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]TIA[/SIZE]

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    bro, get the 2.7 vvti its the best bang for your buck SUV in the market today! for just 1.3M you'll get spacious interior, powerful yet efficient engine, and rock hard reliablity! plus you'll still have money left for upgrades and enhancements!

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Orido View Post
    bro, get the 2.7 vvti its the best bang for your buck SUV in the market today! for just 1.3M you'll get spacious interior, powerful yet efficient engine, and rock hard reliablity! plus you'll still have money left for upgrades and enhancements!
    thanks bro.
    how about the suspension? Is it really stiff?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    2.5D4D

cons:

nakawin, maiinit sa mata, mahirap iwanan kasama driver

2.7VVTi

cons:

nadadamay sa popularity ng D4D

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    So far, there's been no mechanical update, so, yes, the suspension is still really stiff.

From the front, the ride is stiff but still tolerable. In the back, it gets worse. because you're closer to the rear end and sitting higher up inside the vehicle. It's bearable in the city if you lower the tire pressures, but it gets pretty shaky on the highway or in the provinces.

Budget an additional 40k pesos to buy the aftermarket springs for the Fortuner, they help a lot. Other solutions include buying aftermarket shocks, filling the tires with nitrogen and/or getting more road-biased (softer-sidewalled) tires.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the 2.5 d4d is not a good match for the fortuner... mabagal masyado for me. a bit tolerable if city driving ka lang.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    between the Gs, 2.7 gas din ako. compensated na yan sa P60K difference.

or go for the 3.0 V

8. Join Date
    May 2007
    2.5 d4d mabagal na matag tag pa! u have to change the rear shocks pa! sa gas nalang ako kahit na matagtag mas mabils naman

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    2.7 VVTi for me. Almost as powerful as the the 3.0 D-4D, but much cheaper.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    On paper, the 2.7 vvti * 160 HP is 3HP short of the 3.0 D-4D's 163 HP. It is quick if you really dont care about saving gas, since it is optimized to run quickly at very high rpms.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Fortuner 2.5D4D & 2.7VVTi: Pros and Cons