New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    I still love the looks of the Fortuner pero Montero Sport is better parin in terms of performance and features, yeah features.

I'd also suggest you to get the GLS 4X4 M/T. That variant is around 1.5M pero sulit naman pang-off road at farm. It's better to have the 4X4 feature even you don't need it much than not to have it when you really need it. Ganyang variant yung kinuha namin noon, ok siya pang-harabas.

2. Join Date
    May 2011
    damn. kudos to everyone for an objective and un-fanboy review of these two cars. unless of course somebody goes and screams 'third world' which is by the way an outdated connotation. fact is montero outclasses fotuner in many aspects. but as you can see in may car comparison threads, these 2 cars get the most attention. sales figures and proliferation of these cars on the road are a testament to its popularity. we could say that while there are better cars on paper, people patronize the montero and the fortuner because of perception. and perception is an underrated criteria for buying. for most buyers this overrides technical advantages of one car over the other. you can charge it to ignorance or lack of access to this kind of media where even the slightest of flaws are exposed, or they simply dont care whether one car out performs or exceeds the features of another. pero fact is these 2 are still the most marketable.

to the TS, my point is, you will never go wrong with either. personally, i have bought many items in my life that i regret buying. but this one, despite what i read, i still find hard to regret. not because it cost 1.something mil but because i really cant feel any regret. you have the correct choices in this price range and category. good luck, pare.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by gundam View Post
    get the montero m/t or...

if you like fortuner, get the one above with vnt/vgt.

i assume tapos ka na sa innova[diesel] vs fort m/t.
    the reason i don't like fort 2.5m/t is that it share the engine with innova [smaller brother] and in highway traffic the innova will kick your butt. kainis kasi kung iisipin mo mas mahal yung fortuner 2.5 m/t na binili mo tapos lusotan ka lang ng mga innova. haha.
    naka VGT narin ba ang fortuner facelifted?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by s1ngk1t View Post
    very helpful review, thanks NIKY.
    if you dont mind me asking, kulumnista kaba sa car magazine?
    para naman makabasa pako ng magaganda mong review.
    more power to you sir.
    Bigbigcar.com, Ride and Drive magazine... Contribute editorials here and there elsewhere, but not often.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by turboride View Post
    damn. kudos to everyone for an objective and un-fanboy review of these two cars. unless of course somebody goes and screams 'third world' which is by the way an outdated connotation. fact is montero outclasses fotuner in many aspects. but as you can see in may car comparison threads, these 2 cars get the most attention. sales figures and proliferation of these cars on the road are a testament to its popularity. we could say that while there are better cars on paper, people patronize the montero and the fortuner because of perception. and perception is an underrated criteria for buying. for most buyers this overrides technical advantages of one car over the other. you can charge it to ignorance or lack of access to this kind of media where even the slightest of flaws are exposed, or they simply dont care whether one car out performs or exceeds the features of another. pero fact is these 2 are still the most marketable.

to the TS, my point is, you will never go wrong with either. personally, i have bought many items in my life that i regret buying. but this one, despite what i read, i still find hard to regret. not because it cost 1.something mil but because i really cant feel any regret. you have the correct choices in this price range and category. good luck, pare.
    yun ang maganda sir, hindi yung pataasan ng ihi at hindi naman nakakatulong yung ganun sa mga nandito na gusto magpatulong diba?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Bigbigcar.com, Ride and Drive magazine... Contribute editorials here and there elsewhere, but not often.
    thanks for sharing sir NIKY

7. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Let's start this again since may VNT na yung 2.5 Fort.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Fortuner 2.5G vs Montero Sport GLX-V?

Hmm. The Montero has the better engine, is cheaper, has more interior space (esp. the 3rd row), a more interesting interior. Add to that the hideous tail lights of the Fortuner, and it seems like a one-sided affair.

However, the upgraded engine of the Fortuner might be better on the road than it is on paper, effectively narrowing the gap between it and the MS. Also, now that they're both dime a dozen on the road, the Fortuner simply looks more appealing.

Pretty close call, but maybe I'd go with the Fortuner.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Fortuner 2.5 MT or Montero 2.5 MT