New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    good day tsikoteers!

ako poy nandito para humingi ng inyong ekspertong opinyon.

the choices are: MS 2.5 (MT) and Fort 2.5 (MT).
    ive been driving since i was 18, at lahat po manual drinadrive ko kaya nakahiya man sabihin hindi po ako marunong at never pa nakapagdrive ng AT tranny.
    at kung bakit MT din po ang choices ay sa kadahilanang once a month pumupunta kami sa family house namin at ang daan ay ganito:

([SIZE=2]google image pero ganito din yung daan e[/SIZE])

ngayon eto po dapat kong iconsider:

durability - dahil nga minsan rough road ang daan
    suspension - yun po sanang matibay at yakang yaka ang rough road namin.
    FC -?
    driving comfort -?
    and
    maintenance -?

any input is very much appreciated guys.

or any other suggestion?

: by the way if there's an existing thread comparing these two please post it here, wala po kasi ako mahanap e. salamat ulit.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Iyong montero eh VGT ba? Hmmm.

Anyways, I'd go with the Fort. Looks > Power pa din ako ...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    tama yan. M/T
    hwag kang kukuha ng Montero A/T.......

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Montero 2.5 MT is better than the Fort 2.5 in every way. At least until the facelifted Fort with new engines gets here.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    *RENZOD10 - VGT na rin ba yung 4x2MT ng MS? sorry noob here.
    *CHUA - TAMA
    *NIKY - kelan ba dadating yung new FORT? iba na rin ba engine at hindi na d4-d? may nasilip kasi akong thread dito na d4-d problem e pero diko pa tapos basahin. haha!

salamat guys.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Di ko rin alam, eh ... Teka, check ko ....

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Okay, di pa pala siya VGT.

Anyways, Fortuner pa rin ako.

8. Join Date
    May 2011
    Medjo masagwa yung itsura ng cambio ng MT Fort. Kasing haba ng sa jeep. But if you choose to get the Fort, i guess it would not matter.

Never driven Montero off-road but I am assuming wala naman pinagkaiba. Overall, overwhelming ang advantage ng Montero in terms of features, power and performance but personally, I went the other way because I never felt I needed all of them. The 2.5 gives you sufficient power from 0 - 120 . After that, it probably takes the same time to get to 150. Pero any of the two, in my opinion, delikado na sa 150. Baka mag tip over pag nakasagasa ng bato. I am also not a fan of too much technology in a car. Dadami pa ang pagawain. Kaya nga mas gusto ko pa manual AC kaysa climate control. What I wish I had though was the GPS/DVD HU. Bibilin ko na lang I guess.

Of course, both are not perfect. Pareho silang may stalling issues. Masmatagtag ang Fort. etc.

What I appreciate about this SUV is its good insulation. May pagka delikado sa simula in some sense kasi tahimik sa loob. You would not even hear the wind against the windshield at high speed. At Neutral, hindi mo masyado dinig yung engine. And unlike some diesel SUVs, you do not feel the vibration of the engine at standstill. This is true even for old Forts. And this is something you will appreciate pag long driving. Yung tagtag naman ng Fort is sa small uneven bumps. On all Express Ways with the exception of Star Toll, very steady naman.

9. Join Date
    May 2011
    And one more thing, try asking a Fort 2005 owner kung may pinalitan na sila sa suspension. Unless nag upgrade sila, a big percent would probably say na wala pa silang pinalitan. One reason pala why I got this car. Taking the D4D issue out of the equation, matibay. Better yet, try driving a 2005 CRV, XTrail and Fort and compare responsiveness, kalampag or anything wear and tear would bring about.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    For MT, Montero has the 2.5 GLX 4x2 and 2.5 GLS 4x4, both of which ar enon-VGT. The Montero VGTs are all AT. with the terrain you are traversing, I recommend the 4x4 variant, especially when it gets slippery during the rainy season.

Between the MS and Fort, I'd select the MS for now as it is has higher power and torque than the Fort, and looks newer too since the Fort is like a circa 2005 vehicle (in fairness... my X-trail also looks like a circa 2005 vehicle, so there hehehe!).

And... you don't need to apologize for never having driven an AT. Being able to drive an MT is loads better than being able to drive only an AT. Switching from MT to AT is much, much easier than coming from AT then switching to MT.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Fortuner 2.5 MT or Montero 2.5 MT