New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by scharnhorst View Post
    but of course, it's all about the torque!
    the XT has 224 bhp and 226 lb-ft of torque 0-100kmh 6.7 sec. while the tucson has 176bhp and 168 lb-ft of torque 0-100kmh 8.6 sec. so i'm sure the XT is still faster than the tucson...

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    the XT has 224 bhp and 226 lb-ft of torque 0-100kmh 6.7 sec. while the tucson has 176bhp and 168 lb-ft of torque 0-100kmh 8.6 sec. so i'm sure the XT is still faster than the tucson...
    the 2.0 liter R diesel (which should be in the tucson) produces 392 Nm or 289 lb-ft. of torque...

nevertheless, the older 2.0 diesel already has a 320 Nm / 236 lb-ft. of torque. * 1800~2500 rpm

so anyway you look at it... the tucson out rates the forester in terms of torque.

Gasoline ata yang tinitingnan mong specs.

well the XT will eventually have a higher top speed due to the peak horsepower. but in terms of useable and accessible torque? the CRDi on the Tucson wins

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    practicality - Tuc

fun and adrenaline rush - FXT

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    not really, forester still has an advantage when it comes to performance. yes just like EQAddict said the XT and the tucson might be just as fast as each other going in a straight line, but the forester's performance obviously doesn't focus alone in 0-100kph or 1/4 mile time, bring both on the twisties see who'll win. it doesn't mean because you can't have fun on the 4speed of the XT others also won't, it will depend on how you use it. also the off road capabilities of the XT is far better than the tucson, both are AWD yes, but are they the same? no. subaru's AWD is one of the best AWD system known, only audi can compare with it when it comes to it's AWD system. also most people who buys a subaru mod their car, and with the XT just put a turbo back exhaust, drop-in filter and a tune it will give even the STi a hard time. that's another advantage of the XT, it's engine potential when you mod it, the hp you can reach with just a couple of bolt-on parts are amazing. but others really don't care about that since they won't be modding their car.

i'm not saying that the forester is better or the tucson is better, both cars are different in their own ways. both have their disadvantages and advantages, it just depends on how you'll use a car and where.

like i said if you're planning to keep the car stock and looking for a practical car then get the tucson, if you wan't a fun car that you can do so much to it then get the XT.

to me XT=performance, safety and tucson=practicality, looks
    best of both worlds yan- Tuc is very comfy, tipid and is fast as well. i think one full tank is all you needed from Balintawak-Baguio-Balintawak, maybe even lesser. This is based from my experience with my 07 SF.

yes, modded FXT runs 95% that of an stock STI in terms of performance, specially in turns. Torque of the Tuc is higher but is peaky and short, you know what i mean. It's a diesel so dont expect it to reach beyond 4.5k rpm, unlike the FXT with can hit 6.5k-7k rpm- longer powerbond that starts from 2.5k rpm.

Im sure maganda ngiti mo sa alin man s 2.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Madalas ba sa expressways si OP?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    the 2.0 liter R diesel (which should be in the tucson) produces 392 Nm or 289 lb-ft. of torque...

nevertheless, the older 2.0 diesel already has a 320 Nm / 236 lb-ft. of torque. * 1800~2500 rpm

so anyway you look at it... the tucson out rates the forester in terms of torque.

Gasoline ata yang tinitingnan mong specs.

well the XT will eventually have a higher top speed due to the peak horsepower. but in terms of useable and accessible torque? the CRDi on the Tucson wins

the XT has a turbo engine, once it hits 2.8k rpm and the turbo starts boosting then the tucson will eat the XT's dust. don't forget that diesel engines has more torque than gas engines but the down side of diesel engine is it's torque is focused on low rpm's, not on high rpm. unlike the XT's turbo engine, it will keep boosting from 2.8k up to about 6.5k rpm, once you floor the gas on the XT talagang ibabaon ka sa upuan mo dahil sa boost ng turbo. so i'm sure the XT will still be faster than the tucson from 0-100 also, and the XT's performance isn't just on how fast it can reach 0-100, it can also go really fast on the twisties and it will do really good off road. meron na nga isang taga subaru club na, na conquer na ang mt.pinatubo with their XT and no problems at all. and i'm planning to go to pinatubo with my forester as well.

but just like i said, it depends on where and how you'll use the car. still XT=performance and tucson=practicality. and just like yuichi said, best of both worlds yan both, and no matter what you choose maganda ang ngiti mo.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    medyo O/T : why does the tucson CRDi only have 177 hp vs the new Sta Fe / Kia Sorento with 197 hp ? I thought they have the same engine (and that was where I was basing my comparisson)
    Tucson iX / iX35 2.0L CRDi R e-VGT
    Santa Fe / Sorento R 2.2L CRDi R e-VGT

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    hmmmm that changes things (the HP rating )
    hehehe. I was gonna correct you til you corrected yourself. Personally, I also have a Focus TDCi which is also a CRDI VGT Diesel in an even smaller car.

Malayo pa din performance sir especially compared to my 07 FXT which is rated at 6.1 secs on 0-100. Baka mostly city ang driving mo kaya nagrereklamo ka sa gas. (At lalo ka magre reklamo sa gas dahil sa *(%G ethanol). Hirap mag overtake sa humahataw na bus yung mga diesel kaya mas nakaka stress sa long drive. (It'll probably take a 3.+ liter CRDI VGT or Twin Turbo to match the FXT ... ah kaya pala karibal niya yung X5 hehehe. Pero sa laki naman ng torque nun malaki chance na sirain ang tranny)

Malaki din hinala ko na malaki din diperensya sa ride kasi the Forester stock tires are road-biased OFF ROADERS while the Kumhos on the Tucs are true road tires. So if the tires are matched maglalayo ulit ride comfort nila.

But the Tuc is DEFINITELY more practical especially for daily/city use. And the styling is more modern. (Although modern looks often age much faster) Eh ako mismo thankful sa Focus ko tuwing brownout eh ... lalo na ngayon na mauuso na ang ethanol. (Pero kung ako, I'd just take the cheaper Tuc and take it to banawe -- practical nga eh di ba?)

Pero pag long drive o pag pagod ako, thank God for the FXT.

In the end, balancing act talaga. Sabi nga nila, there's no such thing as a free lunch. Kaya I strongly recommended a test ride/drive na mabuti naman sinunod.

OT -- Grabe yata 2nd hand market for 07s like mine ah. The other day may tumatawad na naman eh wala namang for sale sign saka kahit sabihin ko na na Ondoy. That's the third freaking time. hehehe.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    the XT has a turbo engine, once it hits 2.8k rpm and the turbo starts boosting then the tucson will eat the XT's dust. don't forget that diesel engines has more torque than gas engines but the down side of diesel engine is it's torque is focused on low rpm's, not on high rpm. unlike the XT's turbo engine, it will keep boosting from 2.8k up to about 6.5k rpm, once you floor the gas on the XT talagang ibabaon ka sa upuan mo dahil sa boost ng turbo. so i'm sure the XT will still be faster than the tucson from 0-100 also, and the XT's performance isn't just on how fast it can reach 0-100, it can also go really fast on the twisties and it will do really good off road. meron na nga isang taga subaru club na, na conquer na ang mt.pinatubo with their XT and no problems at all. and i'm planning to go to pinatubo with my forester as well.

but just like i said, it depends on where and how you'll use the car. still XT=performance and tucson=practicality. and just like yuichi said, best of both worlds yan both, and no matter what you choose maganda ang ngiti mo.
    Of course the forester will be faster

I just mentioned that the crdi tucson does have far larger torque rating as opposed to the petrol figures that you posted. And accessible torque.

Thing is, once both cars are fully packed and loaded, the diesel tucson will have it better than the forester, as it will pull like a V8 truck without having to rev hard. Practicality in its essence.

*pup2: so pano pa kaming drivers with non-crdi, non-turbocharged, non-direct injection diesels sa overtaking? hahaha. grabe talaga.
    Last edited by scharnhorst; April 15th, 2010 at 08:44 PM.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Of course the forester will be faster

I just mentioned that the crdi tucson does have far larger torque rating as opposed to the petrol figures that you posted. And accessible torque.

Thing is, once both cars are fully packed and loaded, the diesel tucson will have it better than the forester, as it will pull like a V8 truck without having to rev hard. Practicality in its essence.

*pup2: so pano pa kaming drivers with non-crdi, non-turbocharged, non-direct injection diesels sa overtaking? hahaha. grabe talaga.

i doubt that, we can keep arguing about it but this isn't the thread for that. so let's just go back to topic.

question lang about tucson, ano ba ang mga disadvantage,problems or sakit nito? on the forester kasi isa pa lang naman ang problem ng new and old foresters, yon ay yung interior rattles, kahit bago pa sasakyan mo meron na. pero engine, electrical, suspension and everything else wala naman known na sakit. pero ako naman i don't mind the rattles on my forester kasi compared to other cars naman walang kwenta ang rattle nito. also siguro din kasi sanay na ko sa subaru rattle since i've owned 2 other subaru's before my forester.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
Forester 2.5xt or Tucson premium crdi