New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    ...ok na sana hilux but under power 106 HP lang...Trekker loaded with power and looks but sobrang liit ang rear seat. price almost pareho.

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    Hilux G 4x2 siguro yung tinutukoy niyo. Test drive nyo na lang muna siguro. Iba pa rin yung mga sinasabi sa spec sheet compared to a real test drive. Pwede ko lang tanong, saan gagamitin yung pickup?

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Looking forward to this thread. I hope owners can contribute something here.

2KD-FTV (Hi)
    Maximum Output (Ps/rpm) 102 / 3,600
    Maximum Torque (Nm/rpm) 260 / 1,600 ~ 2,400

1KD-FTV
    Maximum Output (Ps/rpm) 160/3400
    Maximum Torque (Nm/rpm) 343/1400-3200

You must be referring to the G variant 4x2? That is the one with 102 (ps).

In terms of passenger comfort (esp. the rear), the Hilux wins. The driving position and dynamics of a Hilux makes it the closest among the two in getting car-like driving behavior.

I think it boils down to performance, cargo capacity, and towing. The Ranger can carry a max. of 1,163 kg. of payload, towing capacity of 3,000 kg.

No data on this for the Hilux. But really curious, what the Hilux can do.

Among the two, as a workhorse, I think the Ranger is the clear choice. If its more of a city and family vehicle, Hilux is a better choice.

Correct me if I'm wrong, the Hilux now is just a shadow of its former self (you know the one that Jeremy Clarkson failed to destroy in Top Gear). To me, the Ranger just seem tougher. Knock on its metal sheets and you'll feel its thicker the Hilux's. Plus Ranger trekker and up, comes with LSD, which even the Hilux 4x4 doesn't have.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by noobskie View Post
    Hilux G 4x2 siguro yung tinutukoy niyo. Test drive nyo na lang muna siguro. Iba pa rin yung mga sinasabi sa spec sheet compared to a real test drive. Pwede ko lang tanong, saan gagamitin yung pickup?
    Yup! mali ako 4x2 dapat..the pick up is intended as our all around vehicle for our cargo need sometimes...and for our service sa farm..no need for 4x4.

5. Join Date
    May 2009
    Ranger for me then, I'd prefer driving it if I was alone. Since pang service niyo, hindi problem yung 2nd row ng ranger na napakakipot.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Yes the Ford Ranger complete ang mga safety features and cheaper than the hilux 4x2.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    i own toyota hilux 2009 4x2 G all i can say is malakas, matulin and tahimik parang kotse.. if you need power and speed bibigyan ka.. + the steering buttons napakacomfortable..halos lahat.. =D

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    me i owned a 2007 ford everest 4x4,the everest and the ranger shared the same flatform and engine..except the weight they are different.. the ranger was very powerful that can exite your heart in every step in the pedal,joint with this its comfort is uncomparable to the other SUV around,what more to the ranger w\c is more lighter....

BOW down to the everest and the ranger..
    exceptional BUILD for THOUGH

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    for the 4x2 I would definitely choose the Hilux pag 4x4 considering its torque output I'd choose the Ranger.....

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    check mo yung ford trekker wildtruk asteg ng porma 1.080m

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Ford Trekker or Toyota Hilux G 4x4