New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Hilux 4x2 G is comparable to the Trekker. Both have their more expensive siblings looks and features except for the engine and transfer case.

The Hilux 4x2 G has more bells and whistles like auto climate control, optitron gauges, steering wheel audio controls, trip meter (mid), etc...

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    yeah but Hilux has a weak engine. 102hp vs the 143hp of Trekker naka LSD pa ang Ford.

Ang compromise talaga dito, Navara (144hp). Strong engine and slightly better crash test result. I'm pretty sure it'll pass the moose test too. You'll have to upgrade the diff to an LSD though kasi 4x4 lang ata ang meron. I like that Nissan went the extra mile and installed an actual LHD handbrake. Yung ibang brand kasi pinabayaan na lang na RHD ang handbrake nila for the PH models, tingin ko over time, you'll have an arm sprain dahil mali ang position.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    my avatar reflects my choice. 230,000 kilometers and still ticking!

but that's for the 3.0 liter monster.

If I had a budget of around 1 million, I'd get the 4x2 navara... would like to experience that six speed tranny. And since hindi naman talaga ako nag o-off road, I'd prefer the wider, low stance of the navara over the strada and ranger's high ground clearances - makes it less prone to turning turtle if crap happens.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Wow, 230K?? ayos ah. Nag-overhaul ka na sir?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Wow, 230K?? ayos ah. Nag-overhaul ka na sir?
    binuksan yung cylinder head lately para mag tanggal ng stuck up glow plugs... but still no complete overhaul

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    But i dare the ranger if it can outrun the 2.5G hilux.. parang mali nga ung sa spec sheet e 102hp lang pero i feel na its giving me a lot of Hp..

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin3000 View Post
    But i dare the ranger if it can outrun the 2.5G hilux.. parang mali nga ung sa spec sheet e 102hp lang pero i feel na its giving me a lot of Hp..
    it's the torque talking... 260 Nm of it. para kang may 2.6 liter na gasoline engine! thing is, the ranger has ALOT more. even in its 2.5 liter form. turbo intercooled, with around 340 Nm of torque.

The D4D on the 2.5 hilux doesn't have an intercooler. it's the same turbocharged engine with the innova.

The 2.5 D4d engine is quite adequate - our innova maxes out at around 160.

but...

Nilalampasan ng current generation of rangers ang speedo nila.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I decided to get the trekker over the hilux 2.5 G and 2.5 E... Beacuse

1. Automatic Transmission
    2. Limited Slip
    3. ABS
    4. Powerful Engine...Torque and HP
    5. Cheaper

9. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Isuzoom View Post
    I decided to get the trekker over the hilux 2.5 G and 2.5 E... Beacuse

1. Automatic Transmission
    2. Limited Slip
    3. ABS
    4. Powerful Engine...Torque and HP
    5. Cheaper
    Good choice! Built Ford Tough! Show pics when it arrives please.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    plan ko rin bumili early january 2010 ford ranger wildtrak kaso wala pa ako makita reviews dito sa site sa mga nakabili po ng wildtrak paki post sana ng cons

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Ford Trekker or Toyota Hilux G 4x4