New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    If you don't mind the relatively cramped rear seats, go for the ranger. It has a more powerful engine with no issues whatsoever for two years now, has rear LSD which will help you going up steep ramps and traverse mild offroad, and has heavier payload capacity.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Drave View Post
    If you don't mind the relatively cramped rear seats, go for the ranger. It has a more powerful engine with no issues whatsoever for two years now, has rear LSD which will help you going up steep ramps and traverse mild offroad, and has heavier payload capacity.
    wala pa bang LSD yung new hilux 4x2 sir?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Sa akin i prefer Toyota Hilux mas kabisado ko makina at availability ng parts. Mas gamay ko na Toyota .

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Ford has the best engine among the pickups sold locally. It has the German Bosch CRDI system.

Unfortunately, the crash test result is a bit horrifying.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yeah... but the only pickup with decent crash ratings, really, is the Strada.

-

The Ford has the best engine, hands down, in the class... whether it's 2.5 or 3.0... and it has the best drivetrain (5-speed automatic, LSD). In terms of driving dynamics, it's pretty good, too. Better steering than anything else in the class, and good handling. It's only let down by the fidgety ride caused by the stiff rear springs (which, incidentally, give it its excellent load capacity). It has the best shocks, too.

The Navara and Strada are better family vehicles than either the Ranger or the Hilux... the Strada being the best family vehicle, and the Navara the best compromise... since it has a huge load bed... but I prefer the Ranger, myself.

Preferably with a 5-speed AT and the 3 liter engine. I'd roast those rear tires every chance I get...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by locoroco777 View Post
    wala pa bang LSD yung new hilux 4x2 sir?
    i think all hilux models walang LSD..

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Kung papipiliin ako between your choices dun ako sa Ford Ranger.

Pero kung magiging open ka sa ibang choices then sa strada ako, next would be navarra then dmax. last would be Foton Blizzard, it's dirt cheap. :bwahaha:

AFAIK. 800+k for the 4x4.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Cheap to buy, Expensive to maintain....

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Isuzoom View Post
    i think all hilux models walang LSD..
    This is correct. Toyota needs to catch up.

D-Max now has LSD, even on 4x2. But it starts from the LS variant.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    maganda sana ang hilux but you can't compare their 4x2 G and 4x2 E to ford trekker, if 4x4 G naman sobrang mahal almost 400k ang price difference... LSD, ABS....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Ford Trekker or Toyota Hilux G 4x4