New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    hi. bebenta namin mitsubishi fuzion namin pero di namin alam kung anong bibilin..

Ford Ranger 2.2 M/T or Ford Focus 2.0 hatchback.

Ford ranger = 1,069,000
    Ford focus = 1,199,000

Gusto ko yung focus kasi wala kaming kotse ngaun, puro malalaking sasakyan. nakatambak lang ang 2 cefiro namin kasi sawang sawa na kami kakapaayos.. at takaw sa gas. pati yung fuzion lakas sa gas.

nagustuhan ko yung features focus, front and rear sensors, park assist, active city stop, sun roof, push start, blind spot info system (not sure kung meron sa hatchback), back up cam, etc.

Iniisip ko lang kasi baka masira lang yung iba tapos malaki din gastos kung ipapaayos. takaw sira..
    ilang years/km ba warranty ng ford? bebenta din namin after 5 years.

Ford ranger kasi walang sensors tapos mahirap daw idrive yung manual variant? Gusto ko kasi manual, wala bang darating na focus mt?
    Pero ito yung gusto ng parents ko kasi malaki daw at mas maayos naman ride niya kesa sa ibang pickup.
    Nanghihinayang kasi sila ibebenta yung fuzion then ipapalit mas maliit na car. meron kaming montero, fuzion, old (pajero, expedition, hiace).

Pareho naman silang fuel efficient diba?
    Alam ko magkaiba sila, kotse and pickup.
    di ko naman kasi kailangan ng pickup, halos ako lang kasi gagamit. pangit pa ng ride nito, syempre compared sa focus.
    Wala bang problem sa powershift trans ng focus?

Sorry wala kasi ako masyado alam sa sasakyan. i just turned 16 and will be graduating from highschool. so regalo sakin to sa graduation.. matataas kasi grades ko.

Thank you!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Hmmm let's see... I think you really like the Focus.

Pros over Ranger
    Easier to manoeuvre in the metro
    Easier to park -- you have all those assistance and it's a small car
    Interior looks more premium -- subjective, but it's really nice and has a european feel to it
    More bells and whistles
    Faster -- not really sure, but it should be

Cons over Ranger
    More electronics -- these things are convenient at first but you don't want them to break
    Might be more complicated and more expensive to run and maintain
    Lower ground clearance
    Smaller cargo space

Seems like the Ranger is not fit for you but if you were to ask me, it's the more practical choice. It's a utility vehicle that can take the abuse of our roads, a vehicle that you can virtually take anywhere.

One thing to consider also is the maintenance and running cost which in theory, the Ranger will be cheaper.

Warranty, I think it's 3 years or 100,000 kms. Maybe they also have and extended warranty option.

Just wanna ask, why do you want a stick shift car?

HTH

3. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Thanks. Puro a/t kasi sasakyan namin at manual din gusto ng papa ko kapag pickup.
    Siguro ranger na lang dahil mas practical nga at mas mura pa.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    congrats

both should be running in the 8km/L area city driving, not really fuel-efficient. mas mura nang konti ang diesel though.

since you already have SUVs and you'll be the primary user, then it might be better to get the focus. depending on where you'll go to college, parking might be a big problem for the ranger given its size. lalo na pag male-late ka na haha. or worse, other newbie drivers parked beside you. (had a few mystery scratches appearing on my car back in college)

warranty, i believe the usual 3yrs / 100k ang ford. they do have options for extended warranty, at an additional of course. only kia and hyundai afaik have standard 5yrs warranty

"practical" depends on your intended use. you might think twice bringing a bulky m/t pickup, with only you on board most of the time, to a bumper-to-bumper daily traffic. potential usage wise though, of course mas marami possibilities sa bigger vehicle.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    if you decide for the pick up, i suggest you get the automatic transmission, lalo na kung city driving / stop go most of the time. medjo hindi ko gusto transmission ng mt. even though i prefer mt over at.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Gas: low maintenance cost vs high cost of fuel

Diesel: higher maintenance cost vs low cost of fuel

Power? definitely on the diesel.

Small spaces? car

If you're a girl, then perhaps a car would suit you just fine. If you're a guy, definitely, pickup is better.

If you're open to suggestions, maybe Innova would be better or KIA Carens or Nissan Livina. MPVs are great because you can pack your stuff like extra clothes, books, printers, scanners, extra computer and other accessories you might need in school and they'll still be cooled by the AC. Montero Sport na lang kaya.

KIA Carnival SWB 2.9 CRDI now sells for 1.15M, meron na kasing 2.2R VGT na version, just not sure how much.
    Last edited by Horsepower; February 10th, 2013 at 03:37 PM.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Taga tarlac kami. sa UST ako magcocollege sa SLU naman kuya ko. so gagamitin din sa baguio maybe once a month. siguro iwan ko muna sa tarlac yung sasakyan then dalin ko na lang sa manila kapag alam ko na yung mga daan. Pambabae name ko pero, lalake ako. hahaha! clarence kasi dapat nagkatypo kaya nalagyan ng "i" pambakla
    anyway, ranger na lang. install na lang ng sensors at soft tonneau cover. nakahanda na nga yung bosch europa dito.
    problema ko na lang ngaun kung anung color. Black or white? may darating bang copper red and metropolitan grey?

Thanks sa lahat ng ngreply.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Ranger looks good in any color. Ganda kasi ng tabas. I'd recommend that you get a hard cover. You'll get dragged pag soft cover, wasting motor power and fuel.

As for your username, pwede mo naman i-PM ang mga mods so you can have it corrected.

With your age, you'd be tempted to run to the limits. Be very careful. A lot of young drivers get into accidents because of the adrenaline rush and testosterone.
    ALways be aware that there's no prize even if you run the fastest on the streets - only penalty, when you get into accidents. Often, the penalty can be paid with money, but sometimes, it's paid with life - so again, be very careful.

UST is a good school. Bahain lang dun (like lagpas-tao deep) so kailangan mo talaga mataas, like a pick-up. UST also has some of the prettiest coeds.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    UST ka pala. go with the ranger you will use its 800mm flood fording capability. UST is flood prone.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Ranger looks good in any color. Ganda kasi ng tabas. I'd recommend that you get a hard cover. You'll get dragged pag soft cover, wasting motor power and fuel.

As for your username, pwede mo naman i-PM ang mga mods so you can have it corrected.

With your age, you'd be tempted to run to the limits. Be very careful. A lot of young drivers get into accidents because of the adrenaline rush and testosterone.
    ALways be aware that there's no prize even if you run the fastest on the streets - only penalty, when you get into accidents. Often, the penalty can be paid with money, but sometimes, it's paid with life - so again, be very careful.

UST is a good school. Bahain lang dun (like lagpas-tao deep) so kailangan mo talaga mataas, like a pick-up. UST also has some of the prettiest coeds.
    Thank you! and yes, I will be very very careful. Ganun pala sa ust, kailangan ko pala humanap ng apartment na may multi-story parking garage. meron bang ganun near ust? hahaha. Yung username ko naman, that's my real name. hahaha. sa totoong buhay nagkamali, claire kasi name ng mom ko. thanks again.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast