New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Hi guys!

Any suggestions on what sedan to get? We're eyeing the Sonata (one reason is that there are so few on the road) and possibly the entry level Camry.

we already have a prado, cx9, sta fe, and x5 so pls. no suv suggestions.

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    you want distinction? few units running around the streets? Kizashi is at 1.348m

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    if i were to buy mid size sedan, i'll choose nissan teana. very very comfortable. parang sofa ang upuan ang sarap matulog. although 1.6M na ata yun. worth checking if i were you

pero kung etong dalawa lang talaga, camry ako. lexus-like, ang ganda. and i feel more roomy than sonata

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Kia Optima. Looks fantastic. Way better looking than the Sonata.

But the problem with Korean designs right now, after some years, their design can look old unlike their Japanese counterparts. Wouldn't be a problem if you plan to keep the car for only 5 years, but if you plan to keep it longer, I'd rather get an Accord or a Teana. Consider also reliability in the long run. Why not a Camry? Well I never liked its rear end, that's why. Hehe.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Optima.

Bow.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    But the problem with Korean designs right now, after some years, their design can look old unlike their Japanese counterparts.
    Kind of disagree. The Accord is already due for a model change, and the current Camry is a bit more anonymous looking than the previous one. The Teana is also pretty anonymous. The decision will be between something that will look out of date in five years versus something that will look out of date in just three years.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Kia Optima. Pls.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I'd go with the Optima. Even fewer than Sonata's on the road. The angular, aggressive design ages gracefully, in much the same way the 8th gen Galant still looks nice today. I'd wager this one will still turn heads many years after the model is phased out, especially in white, with the panoramic sunroof.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Teana if you can get a discount tapos camry or kizashi

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If you can wait, a newer Accord is coming this year. It is smaller in exterior size than the 8th gen Accord (which is already near a full size sedan) but interior size is the same. There were also talks of Nissan bringing their Altima (which is quite popular in the US) this year and I hope they will not brand it as Teana or they will face low sales. Also, if VW start selling cars locally this year, the Passat will be a good choice (assuming pricing follows US where the base model is just around 21k USD). If given the choice and budget for a new Japanese or Korean midsize sedan, I long for the Subaru Legacy GT.

Given the budget of the TS, I'd go with the Optima. The aggressive and angular looks add a more sporty appearance yet not compromising the executive look (like the Legacy GT, hehehehe).