New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Focus. Love the ride. European suspension feel talaga.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Unless severely discounted, I also vote to wait for the 2012 model now that it's just 1 year away. As Mazda Philippines have finalized that the M3 would launch at 2012, we can expect the Focus to follow suit more or less the same time.

Thing with purchasing a discounted car right now is that once you sell it, the lower resale value of a lower-generation model should offset the most of the discount.

Anyways, between the two, I'm all-in for the Focus 1.8L. The Mazda 3's 1.6L is too underpowered when hauling the weight of the Mazda. In fact, the Honda Jazz would outstrip you in a 0-60 run. Gas mileage saved from having 200cc less is offset by the bigger RPMs you need to haul its ass. So, Focus 1.8L

Good alternatives would be the newly launched (1) Hyundai Accent 1.6L model. At 800k, I can attest I like its interior better than a Lancer EX GLS. Rear legroom should be a few cm bigger than the Mazda 3. But I can't attest its handling finesse. Iba talaga Mazda 3 eh, I start the day by cursing its firm suspension but have a huge smile while driving it. Love-hate relationship :D

My bet is still on the (2) Honda Civic 1.8S though. Since model is going to be also refreshed in 2012, you can haggle larger discounts at CASAs. Resale value shouldn't drop as I see this becoming a classic in the future. Besides, 2012 Civic isn't far too different from the current one (aside from it's butt). So you get efficiency, space, and power at the same time. Give that some thought rather than going hatchback.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    waiting 1 year for that ***y car is worth it imho.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Eto na lang Focus na bilin mo...

5. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post

Ngayon ko lang napansin. If you look at it sideways, the nose resembles an Aston Martin don't you say? konting pahaba nalang kilangan.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yeah the front grille looks like an Aston for the ST and the Focus electric. Hey Ford used to own Aston Martin maybe they still have some patents left from it...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post

Ganda sana overall, hindi ko lang talaga trip ang harap.

*TS : Eto oh, current-look na focus hatch. Focus RS500 nga lang to. hahaha.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    laki talaga ng pinagbago ng likod, pero ayos naman mas gusto ko yung likod ng 2012. ayos naman yung harap sir renzo, medjo subtle pero may angas feeling pa din

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Ganda sana overall, hindi ko lang talaga trip ang harap.

*TS : Eto oh, current-look na focus hatch. Focus RS500 nga lang to. hahaha.

Eto naman yung current ST trim ng MK2 Focus (not that aggressive looking compared to the RS models). Not sure if merong RS version yung MK3 Focus... Maybe at a later date... RS > ST

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009

:naughty2:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Ford focus 1.8L hatch vs Mazda 3 1.6L hatch