New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    i chose accent for practicality and needs.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jemicaronelle View Post
    Hi, i'm shopping for a ride and i'm torn between Ford Fiesta and Hyundai Accsent. I'm a girl and this is my very first car. I'm buying it for myself so i want something that's worth all the bloody sweat. I have no idea how to compare cars, i need your suggestions and opinion. I visit autoindustriya.com but i'm kinda confuse with all the technicalities. Thank You So much!
    If you want that GYMKHANA Spirit, get the ford fiesta. It's fun to drive, 6 Speed AT Transmission, toys and features. But like on other previous posts, you have space to consider. While the accent provides practicality. You have that trunk space for your stroller/grocery or even a 2 week size travel bag.

Kaya choosing a car depends really on what you need and what you preferred.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Ganito rin ako last month. pero fiesta ang pinili ko boring kasi ng interior ng 1.4 na accent simpleng 1 din headunit lang. Pero malufet talaga ang handling ng fiesta ang lambot pa ng clutch haha

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Barely 1 week since I rolled out a brand new Accent 1.4L from Hyundai Global. So far I'm very happy with it, soft pedal clutch, spacious interior, large trunk space and I got good KM's for every drop of gasoline, plus the air conditioning system is good. I was choosing from 4 models Vios, Accent, Fiesta & Mazda 2, the only thing the surprises me with the Accent is the very spacious interior, fuel economy and the price...

5 year warranty

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by LtAK View Post
    Barely 1 week since I rolled out a brand new Accent 1.4L from Hyundai Global. So far I'm very happy with it, soft pedal clutch, spacious interior, large trunk space and I got good KM's for every drop of gasoline, plus the air conditioning system is good. I was choosing from 4 models Vios, Accent, Fiesta & Mazda 2, the only thing the surprises me with the Accent is the very spacious interior, fuel economy and the price...

5 year warranty
    We just had a test drive with the Hyundai Accent last Sunday...

My inputs: the rear springs are too soft... The Hyundai marketing person was the only one riding at the back (my girlfriend was on the passenger seat) and the car was bottoming out in the humps of Wilson St. Mind you he was lightly built an around 5'7" in height. What more with a heavier person or even 2 or 3 seated at the back??? The car will be wallowing like a beached whale. The big pluses on the Accent is the presence of soooo many bells and whistles...

I must admit though that we have yet to test drive the Fiesta S. I have read so many positive reviews about it and I hope they live up to the billing...

6. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Yes there's some problem in Accent especially A/T. If you have the budget go for fiesta. I experienced driving a fiesta 1.4 MT hatch: handling was nice, i like the ride it was stable even if you go fast cornering, soft clutch , gas is harder. Compared to my 2011 accent m/t.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by docgorio View Post
    We just had a test drive with the Hyundai Accent last Sunday...

My inputs: the rear springs are too soft... The Hyundai marketing person was the only one riding at the back (my girlfriend was on the passenger seat) and the car was bottoming out in the humps of Wilson St. Mind you he was lightly built an around 5'7" in height. What more with a heavier person or even 2 or 3 seated at the back??? The car will be wallowing like a beached whale. The big pluses on the Accent is the presence of soooo many bells and whistles...

I must admit though that we have yet to test drive the Fiesta S. I have read so many positive reviews about it and I hope they live up to the billing...
    I have to say the springs are too soft, but with only one passenger at the back and it bottomed out? I have a 2011 1.4AT accent, and I believe that the Fiesta is far a better car than the accent.

But your data needs to be further evaluated. I normally goes out on weekend, along with me is my wife, our toddler, my son's yaya, and two in-laws (Full Packed!), and it won't bottomed out on our village's humps...

It happen to me once, when I have two full size luggages, and three passengers. But that's the only time I recall the suspension did bottomed out.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    My practice with speed bumps is to brake while approaching the bump, let go of the gas about 5-10m from the bump, coast until the front wheels clear the bump and step on the gas ever so slightly, making the car exit the speed bump smoother. I have practiced this with both M/T and A/T and I never bottomed out, even with my former car which is a 1996 Honda Civic VTi, and this car was notorious for being too "cushy"...

My take is this: Hyundai, in its quest to make the subcompacts ride much better made the suspension overdamped, resulting in a really soft ride...

I just came from a Ford dealership yesterday and I'll make a road test of the Fiesta S real soon... I'll keep you all posted...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by meikey View Post
    I have to say the springs are too soft, but with only one passenger at the back and it bottomed out? I have a 2011 1.4AT accent, and I believe that the Fiesta is far a better car than the accent.

But your data needs to be further evaluated. I normally goes out on weekend, along with me is my wife, our toddler, my son's yaya, and two in-laws (Full Packed!), and it won't bottomed out on our village's humps...

It happen to me once, when I have two full size luggages, and three passengers. But that's the only time I recall the suspension did bottomed out.
    Depends on the size of the humps. When we test-drove the Accent, we didn't bottom out over humps, even with four on board, but on the Skyway, with just myself, it bottomed out when I hit a dip at a certain (undiscloseable) speed. It's not just the springs, the shock absorbers are also way too soft. It's much like our old Sentra. Not enough wheel travel and a soft suspension.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    *niky, for the existing comparo - having a soft shocks and the bottoming out issue, is that a deal breaker? What are the implications of such maintainance wise? Appreciate it!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Ford Fiesta VS Hyundai Accent