New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    may nakita ako silverado, pero yung facia niya yung parang avalanche! astig!!!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mbt
    explorer,
    btw, i think the left half of the nose of vandolph's F-150 ran into a delivery truck that was stopped by the road... this simulates the IIHS test where the stopped truck is effectively a static barrier...
    based on what i've seen on TV on vandolph's f150, totally crashed yung front, almost nothing left at both side so i guess the collision was not just half of the front. kaya nga namatay gf nya kasi wasak taalaga buong harap... and many people still question f150's durability on that accident. imagine colliding head to head with a truck FULL OF CEMENT! di nila inisip kung paano nangayari ang banggaan at ano yung binangga ni vandoplh.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    saw a red lariat this pm, nang tanungin ko yong salesman, sold na daw 540,000 model 99.

hanap pa uli, yong di sinasadya. :D

perhaps silverado naman.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    mura na pala running price now? :roll:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    may nakita ako silverado, pero yung facia niya yung parang avalanche! astig!!!
    Yan ang bagong look ng Silverado.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Odell,

Pati ako nagulat sa price.

Otep and Kimpoy,

Yong silverado na nasa ads ngayon, parang face-lifted lang, kasi I compared sa pictures sa chevrolet.com, iba ang style ng bed, straight flat ang nasa internet, parang flareside naman yong nasa local newspaper ads.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    GM has better truck engines (more powerful) but Ford drivetrains are often more durable. The rear GM 10-bolt used in half ton GM pick-ups is the subject of a lot of jokes among American off-roaders. They break with merely 33" tires while the Ford 8.8" has little problem with 35s. The tripod on the GM half-ton IFS CV joint is weak.

Phil spec Silverados aren't equipped with the Z71 Off-road package unlike their Phil spec Ford counterpart. The Off-road package for both Ford and GM include a gas shocks (Bilsteins for GM), stiffer suspension, skid-plating under the gas tank and transfer case. If you compare a Phil spec Silverado the a Phil spec F150, the Ford rides higher with its 32 inch tires versus 31s for the Silverado.

The Phil spec Ford F150 is also equipped with a limited-slip and skid-plates while the Phil Silverado isn't.

If the Phil Silverado were optioned similarly as its F150 counterpart then it would make a great truck.

The Z71 half-ton Silverado can be equipped with the following: Bilstein shocks, 265/75R16 (32") ATs, skid-plates, 5.3 liter 285hp V8, 4.10 gears and Eaton locker (yes, locker) all from the factory. Optioned this way, I may pick it over a comparable F150 but, sadly, GM Phil doesn't do it this way.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Johnqpublic318,

Ha, cleared na what's under those rigs. 2nd phase, if I could find a good ford. Will let u know pag nakahanap na.

Salamat.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    it 2009 and this tread last reply 2003

can i ask the public if your to buy ford F150 or silverado?

any new comments on both SUV?

thanks

10. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    If buying used, make sure you buy a low mileage copy. Undercarriage maintenance cost for both models ARE VERY EXPENSIVE. Figure on 100k for a steering box assembly as an example. Brake shoe replacement(if using original parts) can cost upwards of 25k if done at the Casa. And frankly, with a 1/2 ton pickup truck- I'd rather not use REBONDED brake pads. It should be ORIG or you might find yourself hugging a tree when your rebonded pads fail.

If you really want to own a full sized US pickup, it would help a lot if you have relatives in the states who can buy parts for you- then it would make the ownership experience(and cost) a bit bearable. Sure, you can buy parts online- but the shipping cost directly to the Philippines would be a killer. Just have it shipped to your relatives stateside and have them repack your items in Balikbayan boxes for cheaper freight costs. Yun lang, you have to wait 2-3months for your parts to arrive via seafreight. If it's something that's needed ASAP, then you'll have to pay for airfreight. Ok lang sana kung small parts lang.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Ford F150 vs Silverado