New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Kell View Post
    Thanks for the insights sirs! Will control myself from buying the Ecosport and look for a better car. Much appreciated!
    go with the City, You won't go wrong with. Its a fairly reliable car and parts are aplenty so there's that to consider. When the time comes to replace it, it's easy to dispose of and have higher resale than the Ecosports. The Vios? All I can say is meh...

2. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by carscout View Post
    go with the City, You won't go wrong with. Its a fairly reliable car and parts are aplenty so there's that to consider. When the time comes to replace it, it's easy to dispose of and have higher resale than the Ecosports. The Vios? All I can say is meh...

Thank you sir. I am scouting for a good Honda City now.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    newer City appeals to me more also.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Thank you sir. I am scouting for a good Honda City now.
    I'd also go with the City. I was in the same situation as you 2 months ago. First choice ko was Ford Ecosport. Pero test drove both vehicles, mas gusto ko yung classier feel ni City over Ecosport, and mas nasisikipan ako sa Ecosport. And i'm talking about the 1.0 Ecoboost na ha, which is better than the old model kasi hindi na siya DCT. In the end, chose neither, upgraded to Civic hehe.

Pero I suggest iwasan ang Ecosport with DCT. Dami complaints lalo na if you join their FB group.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ironman06 View Post
    I'd also go with the City. I was in the same situation as you 2 months ago. First choice ko was Ford Ecosport. Pero test drove both vehicles, mas gusto ko yung classier feel ni City over Ecosport, and mas nasisikipan ako sa Ecosport. And i'm talking about the 1.0 Ecoboost na ha, which is better than the old model kasi hindi na siya DCT. In the end, chose neither, upgraded to Civic hehe.

Pero I suggest iwasan ang Ecosport with DCT. Dami complaints lalo na if you join their FB group.
    Good choice, bro! A Civic is a better car than either the City or Ecosport.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by ironman06 View Post

Thank you sir! I do see how the City ages better compared with the other vehicles. I'd like to try for the Civic but it's a little over budget for now.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Thank you sir! I do see how the City ages better compared with the other vehicles. I'd like to try for the Civic but it's a little over budget for now.
    I have driven the City E CVT of my sis-in-law and I was really surprise at how spacious it was. In terms of handling and driving dynamics, well it won't carve mountainside but its more than enough for a daily drive in the city. It looks pretty sleek too..Acceleration in highway won't give you any rush feelings, as a matter of fact I was flooring it in SLEX when merging after gassing up and I have a feeling like it's not moving any faster maybe because of the CVT, only when I look at the speed meter I realize that I am already cruising beyond the speed limits.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by carscout View Post
    I have driven the City E CVT of my sis-in-law and I was really surprise at how spacious it was.
    Nagulat din ako sa space ng City, lalo na yung Jazz. Really deceiving on the outside pero very spacious sa loob.

And yes the City takes a while to speed up kahit floored na, but more than enough for daily drives in the city (pun intended)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123