The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Another lucky soon-to-be TDCi owner...

congrats on the decision

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My dad had a hard time letting go of his civic. The ford TDCI is the only car that convinced him to change his vehicle.

I've driven the subaru imprezza 2.0. Not that good IMO. The only thing that will want me to buy it is that it looks similar to the sti. Other than that, I think the civic is still a better choice.

Haven't driven the gas focus yet but after driving the tdci, I think I don't need to anymore...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by macychic View Post
    thanks for the input everyone. i think mas okay nga talaga ang focus tdci. i computed the total cash out for the TDCi vs. jazz (na kukunin ng sister ko) lumalabas around 100,000 lang ang difference nila dahil sa ganda ng offer ng ford. sana matuloy ko makuha ang tdci. pero since parang mas gusto ko na ang ford, kahit siguro yung 1.8Hatch ok na sa akin.

pero post pa rin kayo ng mga advantages and disadvantages nila pareho.

and also, off topic na, sana meron din maglist down ng overall advantages ng TDCi (yung madali po maintindihan ha, wag masyadong technical terms) so far kasi, ang advantages nya in general
    1. it's diesel
    2. at matipid sa diesel (efficient FC)

although mahal sya, in the long run mas makakatipid po ba ako in terms of fc ng TDCi vs Jazz naman (kasi jazz ang mataas din ang overall rating)? i mean, pwede ba sya iconsider na 'investment' or something like 'bang-for-the-buck'? again this is my first brand new car so malamang im gonna keep this for a very long time with no plans of reselling it in less than 5 years.

thanks much!
    No car is actually an "investment". If you're looking for a car that will lose you the least money over time, then you should simply buy an AUV.

The TDCi will cost less than the Jazz 1.5AT in terms of fuel costs... Both are automatic, so both will suffer economy penalties in traffic (typically around 8 km/l, though I've heard of lower for both cars in extremely heavy rush hour traffic) as opposed to highway use (up to 20 km/l in the TDCi, around 18 km/l for Jazz). The difference really, will be in the lower price of diesel, and the fact that the TDCi will be more economical when driven swiftly than the Jazz.

In terms of maintenance, the Jazz will cost less. Longer change intervals, of 10,000 kilometers or so, versus the 5,000 kilometer oil changes of the TDCi. C! Magazine has a review on the Jazz detailing every oil and service change up to 100,000 kilometers, where they show that despite the higher initial cost versus other subcompact cars, it'll save more money, over time, due to the long oil change intervals. Also note that most common rail diesels will experience injector problems between 100,000 - 200,000 kilometers. I haven't heard of injector issues with Fords... yet, but data about other new diesels indicate that this is the likely lifespan of the injectors.

And, since the Jazz is a smaller car, spare parts will cost less. Smaller tires, smaller brakes, lighter suspension... it all adds up. Also note that registration for subcompacts costs less (probably 1-2k pesos less) for every year.

In the end, which car will end up costing you more will depend on usage... if your usage is mostly city and highway, with very little driving over rough roads, and no hard driving (not just driving fast... what I mean is really abusing the car), the fuel economy of the TDCi should make it worth it.

Note, neither car will be cheap to repair if you break something through abuse or misuse... no new car really is... it's just that the Jazz will be a bit less expensive to break... :hysterical:

Sorry for being "magulo", but these are very real considerations. The TDCi may cost less to run or may cost more, but the real reason to buy it is for the extra comfort, extra convenience, extra performance and exclusivity. If, for you, these extras are worth the extra cost... then by all means, go ahead. It's a lovely car.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^It is indeed a lovely car. Get the white!

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    thanks for all your help.

sa ngayon, tdci muna ang priority. i talked to an SA, mas mababa pala ang discount pag hindi installment? was planning to borrow na lang sa mom ko para sa kanya ko na lang bayaran, so walang interest. yun pala mas mababa din ang kanilang maooffer na discount (paginstallment daw 80,000 discount, tapos free na ang CM, LTO 3yrs and insurance) pag cash, less 70,000 na lang, free LTO 3 years, hindi na kasama ang insurance. hmm. akala ko pag cash mas malaki at aabot ng 150,000+ ang discount, baliktad pala sila ng real estate agents. so yun discount pala na offer nila, discount lang yon sa mga magiging interests ko. di ko agad narealize yon.

sige peeps, salamant po ng marami especially kay sir niky for taking time to answer my questions. naintindihan ko naman po lahat.

salamat po sa tulong. ill update this by first week of december. im praying na matuloy. (next ko naman concern, ay ang resale value ng aking current car, post na lang ako sa appropriate forum)

thanks much!!!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    We got our unit from Ford Libis. 2 years to pay 0 interest.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    and just to update this thread... finally got my TDCi and yes, it's white. thanks for all the help guys!

*finally nakapag-100kph na din ako. never tried that (always hesistant) sa 98 sentra ko before, baka kasi makalas. lolz. :p
    *we're so meant to be. :p
    *looking back, i was only eyeing the 1.8AT Hatch mabuti na lang may nagsuggest ng TDCi.

THANKS again!

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by macychic View Post
    and just to update this thread... finally got my TDCi and yes, it's white. thanks for all the help guys!

*finally nakapag-100kph na din ako. never tried that (always hesistant) sa 98 sentra ko before, baka kasi makalas. lolz. :p
    *we're so meant to be. :p
    *looking back, i was only eyeing the 1.8AT Hatch mabuti na lang may nagsuggest ng TDCi.

THANKS again!

congrats! that was my dream car, a white ford focus sedan. until my dad bought me this truck which I did like it too, til now I'm eyeing on a white ford focus sedan.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    I accept with information: the focus easily had the smoothest ride. The civic was the worst even worse than the jazz. handling-wise, focus is tops also (as mentioned by other posters). looks is subjective but we liked the focus the best (both exterior and interior). The focus does have the lowest resale value mainly because of the pinoy's mentality that toyota and honda are the superior brands when it comes to cars.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    pictures naman ng Focus nyo.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Focus 1.8AT Hatch? Civic 1.8AT?