New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by d_mac View Post
    Your Dmax is way better than both of them....

Besides, anything like a pickup or an SUV with a ladder-frame chassis is EXPECTED to do good in floods ---- It is not something out of the ordinary, and it is not something to rave about to such an amazement.... Pangkaraniwan lang yan, not a big deal.

Cheers!
    Yup, the D-Max has done well in floods but it's turning a decade old next year so I plan to retire it soon. Plus, I don't haul much cargo anymore so I'm looking at the SUV market for a replacement.

I won't dare do what those folks in the youtube vid did with their MS, fording the flood that was splashing over the hood against the windshield.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by isketi View Post
    I won't dare do what those folks in the youtube vid did with their MS, fording the flood that was splashing over the hood against the windshield.
    Exactly sir, so you won't risk it in floods. So whilst you are asking which one is better between the two, Santa Fe or the Monty GT-V, in terms of anything not concerning floods, the Santa Fe is way better than the old 4D56 mated only with a GT-V, at any price point, say the top-of-the-line for each model. If you reckon your Dmax is already 10 years old, that 4D56 engine platform is even older. Kaya mausok din yan sir, tulad ng Monty nila misis na mausok din lalo na pag binibira. It just received the improvement by getting a VGT, that's just all it.

If you prefer a 3rd-generation diesel engine with a 3rd-gen turbocharger (eVGT), then sir, might as well get the Santa Fe. It's all worth it. But this will all depend on your preference though sir.

Goodluck!

3. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Exactly sir, so you won't risk it in floods. So whilst you are asking which one is better between the two, Santa Fe or the Monty GT-V, in terms of anything not concerning floods, the Santa Fe is way better than the old 4D56 mated only with a GT-V, at any price point, say the top-of-the-line for each model. If you reckon your Dmax is already 10 years old, that 4D56 engine platform is even older. Kaya mausok din yan sir, tulad ng Monty nila misis na mausok din lalo na pag binibira. It just received the improvement by getting a VGT, that's just all it.

If you prefer a 3rd-generation diesel engine with a 3rd-gen turbocharger (eVGT), then sir, might as well get the Santa Fe. It's all worth it. But this will all depend on your preference though sir.

Goodluck!
    Well, as long as the flood is not that high (up to the hood), I would make a go for it. On countless instances during a sudden downpour, I was forced to cross floods up to the running board level (of the D-Max) since there was no way of backing up or making a u-turn and there was a great possibility that the flood would get even deeper due to the rains so I had to get through as soon as possible. If it's higher than the running board, I'd retreat.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Tanong lang po. Medyo related. Ano po ba ng pressure inside the intercooler?

5. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Tingen ko Ford SUVs and trucks ang magaling sa flood fording coz mas grabe naman ang freak of nature incidents sa USA kaysa dito noh! yan mga montero/land cruiser na diesel di naman yan tested sa great plains / dust bowl of Central
    uS, kse wala nman diesel dun.

Yun Ford Explorer EB 4x4 namin tested yan sa Ondoy, when 2 cars following us were swamped into the river (1 pickup and 1 revo) pero yun Explorer nakalusot and our driver decided to head-on the water coming down from the Antipolo Mountain nun 10-1030 am kasagsagan ng Ondoy!

That's why ayaw namin ibenta yan eh kahit Dami sabi gas guzzler or low resale, nasabak tlaga ford. Explorer namin, it withstood raging water coming down.

Kaya nga siguro flood FORDing kse Ford ang nagpaimbento nyan

6. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by pop3corn View Post
    Tingen ko Ford SUVs and trucks ang magaling sa flood fording coz mas grabe naman ang freak of nature incidents sa USA kaysa dito noh! yan mga montero/land cruiser na diesel di naman yan tested sa great plains / dust bowl of Central US, kse wala nman diesel dun.

Yun Ford Explorer EB 4x4 namin tested yan sa Ondoy, when 2 cars following us were swamped into the river (1 pickup and 1 revo) pero yun Explorer nakalusot and our driver decided to head-on the water coming down from the Antipolo Mountain nun 10-1030 am kasagsagan ng Ondoy!

That's why ayaw namin ibenta yan eh kahit Dami sabi gas guzzler or low resale, nasabak tlaga ford. Explorer namin, it withstood raging water coming down.

Kaya nga siguro flood FORDing kse Ford ang nagpaimbento nyan
    Sarao fording pa rin chief

Cummins diesel pa makina niyan hehehehe....

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006

big foot, sarao version

8. Join Date
    May 2010

Di pa pulido pag edit.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Flood fording: Montero Sport GLS-V A/T vs. 2013 all-new Hyundai Sta. Fe 4x2 A/T