New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    In the current model Santa Fe, the ECU is inside the engine bay and positioned just very close to the hood. The ECU's made by Bosch have very good rubber like sealant from Corning. It takes a lot of effort to open the ECU at kailangan pang bugahan ng heat gun sa gilid para lang lumambot ang sealant. And you've got to have strong arms to pry out the cover before you can fully open it.
    kung baha lang di makapasuk ang tubig sa loob ng ECU including the harnessess. And I believe on some other new cars this is the norm. The difference is on how good the sensors seal water intrusion during flood. signals go crazy when sensors get wet since water is conductive. And the ECU though water sealed, will make wrong decisions when the sensor signal is wrong kapag nabasa na sa tubig. Maganda ang sensors ng santa fe laban sa tubig. So I believe the latest model will follow some of the same design philosophies in the current model.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Where's the air intake for the Santa Fe? I'm pretty sure mauuna maabot yun before the ECU.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    yung current sta fe nasa grills top most.

4. Join Date
    May 2010
    Montero Sport will be better. It's pickup based and is a ladder frame truck unlike the SF which is Car based.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by SiRbossR View Post
    Montero Sport will be better. It's pickup based and is a ladder frame truck unlike the SF which is Car based.
    It doesn't matter wether chassis is ladder frame or monocoque in design. what matters is how good the electronics not getting wet during flood. it's the connectors, sensor rubber seals, plugs, sockets, harnessess able to withhold the intrusion of water. I don't have a montero but i played much of the sensors in the santa fe since I'm into ECU hacking. tanggal, kabit sinubukan ko na po and i feel quite confident in the design and implementation of the electronics since most new cars now rely much heavily in computer technology.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Both cars have high pressure common rails with lots of sensors on the engine and ECUs in the engine bay. Both will have the same vulnerability to water corroding attachments and sensors if the flood crossing is too long.

The Montero Sport should be able to tackle slightly higher water since it's slightly higher, but the difference is not that big.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Thanks for the input guys. Will think this over very well.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    I guess this is the answer to my question:

Is the 30 mm~3 cm differential in ground clearance significant?

9. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    flood fording your vehicle will cause damage to your bearings alternator bearings compressor and wheelbearings unless you are using TIMKEN bearings.... it will also damage the IC inside your alternator, and water will seap inside your tranny even old school vehicles, may breader ang tranny on its top most part...

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by isketi View Post
    I guess this is the answer to my question:

Is the 30 mm~3 cm differential in ground clearance significant?

That is the minimum ground clearance of the vehicle bago sumayad sa mga humps yung pang-ilalim. That is not the fording depth level.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Flood fording: Montero Sport GLS-V A/T vs. 2013 all-new Hyundai Sta. Fe 4x2 A/T